TLR 22 2.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Buggy thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by NickTheGreek
That's the typical racer response
......n then you blow past em
typical basher response... then you turn and they jump the curb and tumble into the neighbors roses.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

.....that's why they make bumpers

Edit. Personally though, I rather just take the damage than throw a bumper on it....I'm just sayin...The brother can always get a bumper.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Happy to report on the bellcrank system. Put it onto my 1.0 and it was a big improvement. I had to wait for horizon to send out the turnbuckles and was a little frustrating getting the l/r equal but overall am happy. Great investment for the 1.0. Now wanna get me one of the new hingpin weight
Old 11-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Honestly, when I've googled and youtubed the TrackStar...I see people posting nothing but Problem Videos...that, and how incredibly terrible HobbyKing's website is layed out and functions, its just not giving me a good feeling. I've seen people with the SV3 combo in Slashes and they looked awesome. I'm not a hardcore racer...I just got a great deal on a 22 2.0 kit...

So I think I'm going to go ahead with that Sidewinder combo...I've just seen more positive reviews about it than I can find for the TrackStar. I'm sure the TrackStar is good as well...I just dont want to wait 2 weeks for HK to ship it to me, and then it turns out to be a dud...like what has happened to many others.

Also, I've purchased quite a bit from TowerHobbies and their customer service is great..I've also heard Castle Creations has an excellent customer service dept...that being said, if the Sidewinder combo ends up sucking eggs, then at least I have some reputable people standing behind their products.

Last edited by alexanderb33; 11-04-2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Add something
Old 11-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by alexanderb33

So I think I'm going to go ahead with that Sidewinder combo...I've just seen more positive reviews about it than I can find for the TrackStar. I'm sure the TrackStar is good as well...I just dont want to wait 2 weeks for HK to ship it to me, and then it turns out to be a dud...like what has happened to many others.
well your going to do whatever you want, but i hope you noticed you can get trackstar from a warehouse on the west coast of the usa... just not the combo.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rackstar%208.5

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ckstar%20turbo

and a video from jason... an avid rc tech user.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRMoj1WDyEs
Old 11-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Ah! Alright well yeah I've seen this guy on YouTube before...Man I didn't find this video...Okay, well clearly I need to give this some time and think about it.

What programming card do I need with that Turnigy ESC?
Old 11-05-2014, 01:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Bellcrank turnbuckles

Originally Posted by Sodakota
Happy to report on the bellcrank system. Put it onto my 1.0 and it was a big improvement. I had to wait for horizon to send out the turnbuckles and was a little frustrating getting the l/r equal but overall am happy. Great investment for the 1.0. Now wanna get me one of the new hingpin weight
Frank,
I have a 22 1.0 as well and got the bell crack in Europe.
Is Horizon shipping the missing turnbuckles also in Europe? Who should I contact?

Thanks a lot
Duke
Old 11-05-2014, 05:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rage1945
Been out of 1/10 scale for a year now and forget how I got the servo arm on, without hitting the bulkhead and not having the ballcup hit the top of the servo case during full swings in steering?? Move the servo arm one tooth over? Which way? Grind some of the bullkead off? Or both? Or was it shim .5 mm less than the recommended 2.5mm because its a shorty? Shave off some of the ballcup and some of the servo case so it doesn't hit? I think I tried them all, but forget what actually worked! Lol. Its a stock losi 22 1.0. Thanks in advance. (I know this is the 2.0 thread, but assumed this would get a quicker response
Anyone?? One click to the right?? Or left?? Shave some ballcup off and bulkhead?? Is that it? .....I need the bellcranks!!! Lol
Old 11-05-2014, 06:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alexanderb33
Ah! Alright well yeah I've seen this guy on YouTube before...Man I didn't find this video...Okay, well clearly I need to give this some time and think about it.

What programming card do I need with that Turnigy ESC?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Old 11-05-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sodakota
What parts did you need to install it on the 1.0?? Do all the parts needed come in the kit? Thanks
Old 11-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default steering bellcrank installation

Does anyone have pics or video on installation of the new bellcranks?? And which system would you recommend? Exotec's bellcrank system, Kyosho's modded version or this new Losi one. And are the installation's easy ie. Mods to make it fit, does it drop right in, etc. I also noticed that the turnbuckles themselves are not included in the kit, at least they're not in the pic.? Can you use your own? I think the new ones are longer, so Im not sure they'll fit? And finally, will this system fit the 1.0, without any modification? Thanks.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:18 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liftmys10
Frank are you referring to your mid motor 17.5 setup for my RM setup? Will it be ok?
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/se..._OCRC20140803/
I was referring to the only stock setup I have on tlracing.com.

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil..._Surf_City.pdf

Originally Posted by flyduke
Frank,
I have a 22 1.0 as well and got the bell crack in Europe.
Is Horizon shipping the missing turnbuckles also in Europe? Who should I contact?

Thanks a lot
Duke
I sent a few sets to the Horizon UK office. We haven't had a ton of requests for these yet, but if you can't get them from the HUK office, call Horizon Product Support in the US, and they should be able to send you some.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:24 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rage1945
Does anyone have pics or video on installation of the new bellcranks?? And which system would you recommend? Exotec's bellcrank system, Kyosho's modded version or this new Losi one. And are the installation's easy ie. Mods to make it fit, does it drop right in, etc. I also noticed that the turnbuckles themselves are not included in the kit, at least they're not in the pic.? Can you use your own? I think the new ones are longer, so Im not sure they'll fit? And finally, will this system fit the 1.0, without any modification? Thanks.
Yes, it'll fit the 1.0. You just need the 22 2.0 caster blocks (TLR234006).

It drops right in, no modifications required.

The kits out there today don't have the M3.5 turnbuckles included, which you need to use the angled ball cups. The kit can be run without the angled ball cups though, we did it for months before we had samples of the angled ball cups.

The turnbuckles are 55mm, 50mm was stock on the 22 1.0, but they will work just fine with no issues.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When will the -2.5 chassis be available?
Old 11-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TLR's website is saying early December

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.