Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evolution03
Matt you did do really well with the buggy. I'm not planning to race much inside over the next few months. Im hoping X-ray releases a new buggy with the center diff they are working on. We are finally getting to see the weak links in this buggy.

my first outing with this buggy went good. Second outing broke hinge pin rear camber link and shock caps popped off. They knew the shock caps were bad or Ty would have been running them. The wreck he had getting sandwiched between maifield and cav the caps would have popped no doubt. Hotbodies chose to send the buggies anyways and it took them forever.
I 2nd that. I guess if someone actually gave us a date for the shock caps I wouldn't be so worried being it took Sooo long to get the kits and spare parts out. If I would have to guess I would say 6 to 8 months for the shocks caps but I dont want to/shouldn't be guessing, I wish someone close to HB would atleast give us a Estimated date on the caps. Then we can game plan and make a discussion from there on what we have to do. I know Avid at the very least gave us a month time frame from the Chassis, why cant HB do the same for the shock caps.
Please dont get me wrong, I love the car, just wish I had access to so more info about hop up's and upcoming parts being released...
Old 08-17-2014, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randy0025
I 2nd that. I guess if someone actually gave us a date for the shock caps I wouldn't be so worried being it took Sooo long to get the kits and spare parts out. If I would have to guess I would say 6 to 8 months for the shocks caps but I dont want to/shouldn't be guessing, I wish someone close to HB would atleast give us a Estimated date on the caps. Then we can game plan and make a discussion from there on what we have to do. I know Avid at the very least gave us a month time frame from the Chassis, why cant HB do the same for the shock caps.
Please dont get me wrong, I love the car, just wish I had access to so more info about hop up's and upcoming parts being released...

The lack of support and information and their lengthy time frames has me on the verge of putting it up for sale cheap. Solely based on the crappy shock caps. Ive looked at the b5 shock caps but I'm pretty sure it messes with the droop. We shouldn't have to resort to putting other manufacturers parts on the car
Old 08-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evolution03
The lack of support and information and their lengthy time frames has me on the verge of putting it up for sale cheap. Solely based on the crappy shock caps. Ive looked at the b5 shock caps but I'm pretty sure it messes with the droop. We shouldn't have to resort to putting other manufacturers parts on the car
I totally agree that the stock shock caps were a bad idea, and if you want to sell your car go ahead, but I don't understand the hate toward the B5 cap fix. They are cheap, easily available, and fit right on. If they decrease the droop a tiny amount, then just unscrew the shock end a quarter turn and you are back in business.

It does seem that the rear outer ballcups on the camberlink have broken for several people (myself included). I wonder if there is anything that can be done to strengthen that area.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randy0025
An estimated date was given to us directly from Torrance. This is better than other companies that announce the product and don't give any date at all. Even if the date isn't exact at least we know that they are moving along.

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
they've been recently ordered from the factory. it usually takes 45 to 60 days to do a mass production run so I'm guessing towards the end of September.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The b5 fix is cheap and easy... I most likely will not buy the HB cap as I like plastic caps better. Lets face it, the aluminum gives no competitive edge
Old 08-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hi all. I just ordered on of these buggies and am working my way through the thread and I'm trying to understand what wheels work on this car. Do the Losi rear wheels work? I've got a box full of tires mounted on losi wheels from my 22 and I'm hoping I can use them on the rear of this car,. I see it comes with multiple hex sizes, but I'm not sure what the right offset would be. Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jhautz
Hi all. I just ordered on of these buggies and am working my way through the thread and I'm trying to understand what wheels work on this car. Do the Losi rear wheels work? I've got a box full of tires mounted on losi wheels from my 22 and I'm hoping I can use them on the rear of this car,. I see it comes with multiple hex sizes, but I'm not sure what the right offset would be. Any help is appreciated.
I run 22-4 wheels front and rear.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

what savox servo to run in the car?
Old 08-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Thanks.

One more question. Have either the saddle pack or the shorty pack configuration been preferred? I was planning to build the shorty setup because I have the batteries already, but if the saddle pack is better I could buy a saddle style lipo.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Shorty.... 99.9% run it...lol. I run on a low to medium bite track and its great
Old 08-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
Thanks.

One more question. Have either the saddle pack or the shorty pack configuration been preferred? I was planning to build the shorty setup because I have the batteries already, but if the saddle pack is better I could buy a saddle style lipo.
Most are using shorty and it seems to be preferred. There was been a few cases where people wanted to try saddle but be careful as some motors are having fitting issues as it hits the steering.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 8 Minute main

Here's a you tube video of my second race with my D413. It was taken at Radio Active RC Raceway in Wingo, Ky.

The video is 13 minutes total.

Race starts at 1 min 9 sec mark.

I start mid pack, end up leading the race, then catch a pipe to end up with 2nd place.

Watch closely at the 8min 39sec mark. You'll see the Durango get it's steer tire ripped off the car when he hits my D413. It's possible this may have just been coincidence

You will see :

1- Durango Red/Yellow

1- 22-4 solid yellow

1 - XRay purple/green

1 - D413 white/blue My car

1 - D413 solid white (evolution03)

1 - XRay green/black

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A1oIKa2OSU
Old 08-18-2014, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdeleon
Most are using shorty and it seems to be preferred. There was been a few cases where people wanted to try saddle but be careful as some motors are having fitting issues as it hits the steering.
So what is the plan with that issue on motor fitment?

Will it be a list of what works some place on the HPI web site? Or will they revise the layout to make it fit all standard 540 motors?
Old 08-18-2014, 06:31 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbenton
So what is the plan with that issue on motor fitment?

Will it be a list of what works some place on the HPI web site? Or will they revise the layout to make it fit all standard 540 motors?
HB is working on some new pieces so that all ROAR legal sized 540 motors will fit.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

yeah i broke my rear camber link too....but it would have happened on my other cars as well, so no big deal...its caused by MY driving

one front shock cap popped off, and then popped off for a few more days...but for some reason, it has stopped....weird...but im not complaining

i have said it before and will say it again....if something breaks on a seemingly little bobble/crash...then think back...did you have a bad crash a few battery packs earlier ? everybody knows about metal fatigue....well it happens in most materials....a hard hit 5-10 runs earlier, could have started the fracture/fault...which then gets worse and worse until all of a sudden it fails in what might seem like minor incident.

love my buggy....it is allowing me to be more adventurous/aggressive than ever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.