Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 10:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
The vast majority of 4WD buggies here run 5.5 and 6.5 (barely any difference) and you simply have to learn to be disciplined with your application of power. It takes a little bit to get right but when you do you can be as smooth as if running higher turn motors, BUT you have all that power ready and waiting for when you need it. It's a ton of fun running disciplined in the technical portions, ensuring you close the gap enough to punch it and close it even more down the straights.

The call this weekend was intense as I got caught up by the pile up into turn 1 and had to go around the marshal who jumped out way to early and found myself way towards the back. Lap after lap the call was the same first 3 guys with mine being called out a position ahead every 1 or 2 laps until I came up on the leader and I could never have done so without utilizing all the power when needed. I had to take a few calculated risks like turning the double, double, double, rhythm section as a double, quad a few times, but I only did so when I knew I had it all lined up perfectly and landed it every single time. No way I could've pulled it off without the Moah Powah!

It was tons of fun, especially since my LHS screwed me and didn't order my wheels I paid for over a month ago and had to run the same panthers from he previous race weekend!!!

Wildcat, you might want to give me a call tonight on my drive home from work. Tons of GOOD NEWS with my wheeler.
cool.

With great brushless power comes great responsibility and trigger control.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
"Player two activated!!"

- PS4 controller glowing red
Yes Mortal Kombat X was played in full force last night. Flawless Victory
Old 04-22-2015, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by the incubus
The vast majority of 4WD buggies here run 5.5 and 6.5 (barely any difference) and you simply have to learn to be disciplined with your application of power. It takes a little bit to get right but when you do you can be as smooth as if running higher turn motors, BUT you have all that power ready and waiting for when you need it. It's a ton of fun running disciplined in the technical portions, ensuring you close the gap enough to punch it and close it even more down the straights.

The call this weekend was intense as I got caught up by the pile up into turn 1 and had to go around the marshal who jumped out way to early and found myself way towards the back. Lap after lap the call was the same first 3 guys with mine being called out a position ahead every 1 or 2 laps until I came up on the leader and I could never have done so without utilizing all the power when needed. I had to take a few calculated risks like turning the double, double, double, rhythm section as a double, quad a few times, but I only did so when I knew I had it all lined up perfectly and landed it every single time. No way I could've pulled it off without the Moah Powah!

It was tons of fun, especially since my LHS screwed me and didn't order my wheels I paid for over a month ago and had to run the same panthers from he previous race weekend!!!

Wildcat, you might want to give me a call tonight on my drive home from work. Tons of GOOD NEWS with my wheeler.
I'm looking forward to it, I am rewiring my car tonight, slight electronics relocating to allow for placement of a fan in front of the motor. I'm anticipating wiring up and over the fan, just hoping my wires aren't going to come in contact with the body.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nmdesertracer
Hey guys just got a new d413. Put it together already. One question what affect on the rear F/R and R/R blocks would it make if I had both 1 dot front and rear VS 3 dots front and rear?
Check any type tessmann set up sheet.u will see kick up, and squat.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Need to clean the wires up a little more. Will post a video of this car tomorrow or saturday.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-image.jpg  
Old 04-24-2015, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nmdesertracer
Hey guys just got a new d413. Put it together already. One question what affect on the rear F/R and R/R blocks would it make if I had both 1 dot front and rear VS 3 dots front and rear?
+1, setup sheet depicts the differences in Anti Squat/Kick up in relation to different suspension blocks. Changing the hight of the blocks also changes the roll center charateristics.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Check out this cheat sheet.
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/hotbodi...413_Charts.pdf
Old 04-24-2015, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Curious what everybody is running for ride height? I'm at 21mm.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:10 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mvrk28
Indoor clay track @ 20mm front and rear.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by yzracer758
Indoor clay track @ 20mm front and rear.
Yep, 20mm smooth indoor clay track... rougher outdoor track @ 22mm.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Unless I'm missing something. ..it doesn't seem HB sells just the diff seals and gaskets ...nothing is leaking but after 6 months..it's time to freshen the seals up.

What seals is everyone using? P5's?
Old 04-25-2015, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Race report on the car with Fantom Ion V5 w/ Teflon shims, aluminum timing ring and 12.5 mm rotor:

THIS THING IS FAST. I absolutely yarded every car on the track and was effortlessly clearing stuff that required perfect lines with my 10.5 Trackstar. I feel like this car gets better the faster you push it. Before with the 10.5 this car was just plain smooth or calm cool and collected you might say. Now? It's like a ninja with a jetpack and chainsaw. I feel like the raw power of the fantom motor really woke my rig up. It drove so effortlessly before because it was asleep. Now it's awake and it is pissed off. Loving it.

Side note, not sure how but this thing absolutely shredded an exotek spur gear. Could be from the TLR pinion though. Mesh was perfect.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Race report on the car with Fantom Ion V5 w/ Teflon shims, aluminum timing ring and 12.5 mm rotor:

THIS THING IS FAST. I absolutely yarded every car on the track and was effortlessly clearing stuff that required perfect lines with my 10.5 Trackstar. I feel like this car gets better the faster you push it. Before with the 10.5 this car was just plain smooth or calm cool and collected you might say. Now? It's like a ninja with a jetpack and chainsaw. I feel like the raw power of the fantom motor really woke my rig up. It drove so effortlessly before because it was asleep. Now it's awake and it is pissed off. Loving it.

Side note, not sure how but this thing absolutely shredded an exotek spur gear. Could be from the TLR pinion though. Mesh was perfect.
That's awesome. U wanted to throw foam , shredded gear close enough. When my buddy talked me into 10th scale I said it's gotta do wheelies, twist chassis, and blow the tires off.i run a 5.5 and I'm ready to add boost and timing .the car just wants more I know what u mean.have fun
Old 04-26-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitro2be
That's awesome. U wanted to throw foam , shredded gear close enough. When my buddy talked me into 10th scale I said it's gotta do wheelies, twist chassis, and blow the tires off.i run a 5.5 and I'm ready to add boost and timing .the car just wants more I know what u mean.have fun
It's defi going to add to the amount of maintenance I do for sure, but that's part of the fun for me. It's not for everybody that is for sure, but I enjoy it. So many people told me how fast my car was it was pretty awesome. I've got to learn to use this speed to my advantage because I can tell the car likes it. I think I will have to buy some different springs for it and maybe some rear Pistons (VRP 2 hole 1.7 I'm thinking) to get it cornering how I want it with this much power.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm curious what others have for a RTR weight with their D413. I'm sitting at 1783 grams. I could loose another 40 grams if I replaced the 550 motor I have in it now with a 540 motor.

I don't think I can get much below 1743 grams though without buying a different servo and ESC though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.