Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Novak Pulse new power house speed controller! >

Novak Pulse new power house speed controller!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Pulse new power house speed controller!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:02 AM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by plumbcrazy
I have mine in my b44.2. So far it's just ok, I'm really not thrilled with it. About the best thing on it are the brakes. The size is just ok, i have had 4 fan go out on it, the external bec is huge, and there is no optional program box. I am comparing this to the Orion r10 pro I bought. The Orion out performs the Novak every time, temps, power draw, feel, just in my opinion a better esc. Personally I feel that the Novak pulse is just not up to par with some of the other systems out there today. Especially for the price being similar to all the others.
thanks for comming in plumcrazy, i wish u had a better report, but the truth is what i need man. maybe i need to find a rx8 and been done with it then
Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyoshoracer77
hey guys how are the pulse systems doing????? i got a traxxas slash with the strc chassis, tekno drive shafts, and i am between 2 systems novak and hobbywing. i will be racing on a out door 1/8 scale track. talk to me guys
I know several people running it here in AZ and have nothing but great things to say about it. After talking with Nathan Chase (he loves it, Podium at Catus to boot) I bought one to put in my new B4.2 kit that should arrive in the next day or two. I'll report back soon how I like it. I am confident enough in it that I'm going to trade in my Kinetic for another to put in a SC10.2 at the end of this month.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:25 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default novak

Does anyone have the pulse in a 4x4 corr truck racing it??
Old 04-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=kyoshoracer77;12001376]Does anyone have the pulse in a 4x4 corr truck racing it??[/QUOTE Its right at home in my Tekno.
Attached Thumbnails Novak Pulse new power house speed controller!-20130402_152025-resized-640.jpg  
Old 12-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

So I have been using the Pulse ESC for a while now in my SC10 2wd and love the SuperTuner features. One button programming with the ability to change the timing ramp has been nice for fine tuning the top speed vs. low end torque.

I have now acquired a B44.2 and installed the Pulse into it with a 7.5t Ballistic motor. It was a tight fit but in the end it works out great. I will be testing this tonight and racing this Saturday.

Anyone else running a Pulse and tuning in the RPM ramp much?
Old 12-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I don't use the pulse but I use the timing ramp on my activ8 in my 4x4sct.