Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Novak Pulse new power house speed controller! >

Novak Pulse new power house speed controller!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Pulse new power house speed controller!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

I like the throttle feel of my novak w xdrive more than my tekin.
At least for offroad, it's way smoother in low speed control and power delivery thru to top end.

Do have my share of problems, 1 DOA Havoc Pro, 1 dead Ballistic within a day out
But I wouldn't deny the performance in terms of throttle feel.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=ammo;11860122]I like the throttle feel of my novak w xdrive more than my tekin.
At least for offroad, it's way smoother in low speed control and power delivery thru to top end.

I agree with throttle feel comparing to tekin RS. I also think the braking they have seems to be very smooth also. I noticed it with my buggy and the activ 8 system.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jason B
Sounds like you're really spent after such a feat of endurance and tenacity. Way to hang in there Look on the bright side... You had enough energy left over to whine about whining
No, it was more about the 12 minutes of my life I'm not going to get back.
I would have better off watching Jerry Springer, like the ae fanboys.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:19 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerob1983
Gues you guys that bought the pulse were right I won first time out with mine today.. 2wd sc mod. Was very smooth . buggy was also good with activ8 just needed driver to have little better results.
Are you racing this at the indoor track South Jersey Raceway I think its called?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default yes

i ran it first time last weekend
Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Alright, I ordered one of these bad boys... should be here Friday.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Cool

Originally Posted by Jason B
Alright, I ordered one of these bad boys... should be here Friday.
What you putting it in? Where did you buy I been seeing them sold out? I am trying to get one for my new tekno? Seems Novak sales have been up !
Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

The specs on the ESC are great but I went another direction because the lack of a program box or ability to upgrade via downloads on the computer. I had the kinetic and programming using the button was a pain. Their customer service is top notch but its too bad they have no program box or computer interface to upgrade. That's the only thing that kept me from buying it.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerob1983
What you putting it in? Where did you buy I been seeing them sold out? I am trying to get one for my new tekno? Seems Novak sales have been up !
Tower got some in today. Im putting a Viper 8.5 in it for now.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have been thinking about getting one of these for my sct410. I had the havoc pro in my scte and had nothing but problems. But when I put the havoc pro in my xxx-scb, it runs like a champ, super smooth! Anyone out there running the pulse in a 4x4 sc?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default PULSE

Originally Posted by losicorey
I have been thinking about getting one of these for my sct410. I had the havoc pro in my scte and had nothing but problems. But when I put the havoc pro in my xxx-scb, it runs like a champ, super smooth! Anyone out there running the pulse in a 4x4 sc?
I have one coming for my 4x4 ! I will give report in week or so...
Old 02-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losicorey
I'm was mine in a Stadium Truck with a 4-pole motor and was having great luck with it.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have had nothing but issues with my pulse. The first one went up in flames while doing the initial programming. I contacted Novak and they did send a new one to me. The second one worked for about 4 minutes. I believe the sensor board went bad. The on board sensor test shows that it is not the wire. When it's powered on, there is a solid red light, and of course the white blinky. It will not register when the throttle is applied. I can spin the wheels by hand and it works, kind of, very rough, but as soon as the wheels stop or brake is applied it stops working again. I have tried this system in multiple vehicles, I can assure that there is no binding in the trans on any of them. Is there a way to fix this issue without sending it back in? I have been unable to race for almost a month now due to faulty Novak electronics. I have had novak in the past when I ran carpet cars with no issues. This was back in the GTB days. Has the quality of the Novak esc's gone down in the past few years?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by plumbcrazy
I have had nothing but issues with my pulse. The first one went up in flames while doing the initial programming. I contacted Novak and they did send a new one to me. The second one worked for about 4 minutes. I believe the sensor board went bad. The on board sensor test shows that it is not the wire. When it's powered on, there is a solid red light, and of course the white blinky. It will not register when the throttle is applied. I can spin the wheels by hand and it works, kind of, very rough, but as soon as the wheels stop or brake is applied it stops working again. I have tried this system in multiple vehicles, I can assure that there is no binding in the trans on any of them. Is there a way to fix this issue without sending it back in? I have been unable to race for almost a month now due to faulty Novak electronics. I have had novak in the past when I ran carpet cars with no issues. This was back in the GTB days. Has the quality of the Novak esc's gone down in the past few years?
Are you using a novak motor as well? They have had sensorboard problems. If you have a different motor, you might want to test with it.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ufoDziner
Are you using a novak motor as well? They have had sensorboard problems. If you have a different motor, you might want to test with it.
I am. It's the ballistic 6.5. I am even using the novak glitch buster! I tested it with an LRP motor, same story.

Last edited by plumbcrazy; 02-27-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.