Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Not sure how many of you race at Sparks Park, but I'm looking at getting a new set of tires, would like to go with pre mounted was looking at these tires but not sure on the compound or if these will be good for there. or if there is a better choice.

http://www.amain.com/aka-racing-hand...79016?v=252786
Old 01-13-2015, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am having issues with the rear end of my SCTE 2.0 not rebounding. I run 27.5 wt shock oil and silver springs, nothing is binding but when I push down on the rear end of my truck it just stays down. I was wondering if there is anything I should be focusing on to correct this issue.

A couple other pieces of information, my shock shafts are not bend but the gold finish has worn off. My battery is in the center position and I don't have any extra weight on the rear end. So I am not sure why there is no rebound. I have drained and refilled the shocks and they are full.

This actually caused me to have a nasty wreck, on a high speed straight away the rear end of my truck made contact with a small jump and caused me to crash end over end. It resulted in only my 2nd DNF in 45+ races so I am hoping to correct the issue and avoid future wrecks like I had last week.

Thanks,
Old 01-13-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A2Racing
I am having issues with the rear end of my SCTE 2.0 not rebounding. I run 27.5 wt shock oil and silver springs, nothing is binding but when I push down on the rear end of my truck it just stays down. I was wondering if there is anything I should be focusing on to correct this issue.

A couple other pieces of information, my shock shafts are not bend but the gold finish has worn off. My battery is in the center position and I don't have any extra weight on the rear end. So I am not sure why there is no rebound. I have drained and refilled the shocks and they are full.

This actually caused me to have a nasty wreck, on a high speed straight away the rear end of my truck made contact with a small jump and caused me to crash end over end. It resulted in only my 2nd DNF in 45+ races so I am hoping to correct the issue and avoid future wrecks like I had last week.

Thanks,
Make sure you don't over tighten the upper shock bushings. I see this a lot on this truck.

Make sure the sway bar mounts are not too tight and adjusted for travel.

We tend to back off the rear pivot support screws about 1/4 turn as well. (the two REALLY long screws that hold the pivots to the diff case.

Something is binding this up. It should rebound just fine assuming your ride height is ok. How old are the shock o-rings. this truck typically does not have issues with o-ring swell but this could be part of it as well
Old 01-13-2015, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks Casper those are all great suggestions and I will check out the truck tonight. I tend to overtighten everything so I will check the areas you suggested. As for the O-Rings, they have never been changed and the truck is now a year old and has seen a ton of track time. I am planning to do a complete refresh soon so I wouldn't be surprised if the o-rings need to be changed.

Thanks again!
Originally Posted by Casper
Make sure you don't over tighten the upper shock bushings. I see this a lot on this truck.

Make sure the sway bar mounts are not too tight and adjusted for travel.

We tend to back off the rear pivot support screws about 1/4 turn as well. (the two REALLY long screws that hold the pivots to the diff case.

Something is binding this up. It should rebound just fine assuming your ride height is ok. How old are the shock o-rings. this truck typically does not have issues with o-ring swell but this could be part of it as well
Old 01-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxer59
When are the scte 2.0 going to be back in stock? Just can't seem to find them anywhere
We are working to get them back in stock as soon as possible of course. But the soonest I could even see this happening would be the end of February. And that is barring nothing goes wrong and I am allowed to air ship them in and all.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxer59
When are the scte 2.0 going to be back in stock? Just can't seem to find them anywhere
We are working to get them back in stock as soon as possible of course. But the soonest I could even see this happening would be the end of February. And that is barring nothing goes wrong and I am allowed to air ship them in and all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOSI-TEN-SCT...item19fa37ff67
Old 01-13-2015, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Ryan, will the new updated parts have the same part number?
Old 01-13-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Yeah, that is the latest setup and it is easier to drive faster in my opinion. It is worth a try I think.
Ryan,
What would you tweak on this setup if you wanted the truck to be more aggressive, more twitchy. My track is tigh with a lot of 180 turns. I drove a buddies Tekno and it felt more agressive and rotated better. I know how I want the truck to drive but not sure how to connect the dots. I have your setup referenced above under the truck now. Thanks
Old 01-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by skyler hays
Ryan,
What would you tweak on this setup if you wanted the truck to be more aggressive, more twitchy. My track is tigh with a lot of 180 turns. I drove a buddies Tekno and it felt more agressive and rotated better. I know how I want the truck to drive but not sure how to connect the dots. I have your setup referenced above under the truck now. Thanks
Do you have the heavy swaybars on?
Old 01-14-2015, 07:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys,

I know this has probably been asked before but what part number do I look up to get the heavy swaybars for the new OCRC setup? Thanks.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thebalance
Hey Guys,

I know this has probably been asked before but what part number do I look up to get the heavy swaybars for the new OCRC setup? Thanks.
Losa1750
Old 01-14-2015, 08:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by thebalance
Hey Guys,

You can use a front sway bar from the 8ight series. TLR has not released a heavy front swaybar set specific for the SCTE yet.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skyler hays
Ryan,
I went with the front Tekno driveshafts and Integy castor block/steering knuckles and it has a lot more steering then stock. Also Put the pivot block inserts in REAR as Front 1 up Rear .5 in. Then the FRONT block front 1 down rear 1 up. It can turn just as good as my EB48.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

If you guys want to make your shocks way smoother these orings are a direct replacement for stock and have very little drag.

http://www.amain.com/xray-silicone-o...x2mm-10/p22775
Old 01-14-2015, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Do you have the heavy swaybars on?
Yes Casper. I didn't put on the 2.3 from the 8ight but I used the 2 from the scte kit. I actually took the front one completely off after running several laps. Still not satisfied.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.