Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

A couple of questions....I'm looking for more off power steering....first attempt at setup was the "Dunford Sugar Track Setup" on Casper's page...

http://www.casper-rc.com/images/TEN_...gar%202014.pdf

Truck seems "lazy" entering the corners and I want more steering.....into corner and mid corner.

Here's the first few things I want to try......comments please!

Front shocks - move in on lower arm....already tried center hole, now trying inside hole.....move top of front shocks out one hole

shift battery to forward mounting hole...but ESC is still in front of the pack

Remove front sway bar

Increase kick by swapping out 0's to 1's....try max kick up

Thin the front and rear diffs from 5k to 3k....or other fluid...suggestions please

Now....for another question...I'd love to try some of the new setups but cannot find those aluminum 15deg caster blocks....anybody have a "current" in-stock source?

I've been driving a LOT of 2wd SCT and buggy with 22-2.0 truck and buggy....and I'd love to replicate the feel of those rolling through the corners rather than the POWER sliding I see so many pro4''s doing.....I've always liked a car that drives smooth and controlled without needing to spin tires to go fast......can I make this truck drive like that and still go fast?

Running med to high bite clay with some sugar on it...plenty of grip...outdoor in cool weather though....usually hot-bodies pink Beams are the tire of choice for my 2wdsct at our track.

Tekin pro4 4600KV power train on 2s with Orion R10.....full size 2s packs.

My first Pro4 truck....I've run 1/8 nitro buggy before though....
Old 12-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Just to squash this one, we are not working on a 3.0 just yet. We are still making the 2.0. We just have a minor delay with some parts updates going on is all.
What parts are being updated? Just a running change as a result of continuous improvement or more significant?
Old 12-03-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bivens
A couple of questions....I'm looking for more off power steering....first attempt at setup was the "Dunford Sugar Track Setup" on Casper's page...

Truck seems "lazy" entering the corners and I want more steering.....into corner and mid corner.

Front shocks - move in on lower arm....already tried center hole, now trying inside hole.....move top of front shocks out one hole

shift battery to forward mounting hole...but ESC is still in front of the pack

Remove front sway bar

Increase kick by swapping out 0's to 1's....try max kick up

Thin the front and rear diffs from 5k to 3k....or other fluid...suggestions please

Now....for another question...I'd love to try some of the new setups but cannot find those aluminum 15deg caster blocks....anybody have a "current" in-stock source?

I've been driving a LOT of 2wd SCT and buggy with 22-2.0 truck and buggy....and I'd love to replicate the feel of those rolling through the corners rather than the POWER sliding I see so many pro4''s doing.....I've always liked a car that drives smooth and controlled without needing to spin tires to go fast......can I make this truck drive like that and still go fast?

Running med to high bite clay with some sugar on it...plenty of grip...outdoor in cool weather though....usually hot-bodies pink Beams are the tire of choice for my 2wdsct at our track.

Tekin pro4 4600KV power train on 2s with Orion R10.....full size 2s packs.

My first Pro4 truck....I've run 1/8 nitro buggy before though....
When was his setup posted during summer or winter? if Summer I would drop a full spring set all around, and drop the oil 2.5%, removing the sway car will give you more twitchy steering which I think is what you are going for, but with a loss of stability. Also is there a specific winter time posted setup by Dakota Phend? I would try that setup. I like Ryan's setups, but they are a bit on the mellow side for me. Also if I wanted to loosen up the suspension to try to gain more steering I would lay down the shock as much as possible.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fastforward
What parts are being updated? Just a running change as a result of continuous improvement or more significant?
New Parts! Maybe a 2.5 or 3.0 truck soon

The new aluminum front hub carriers in plastic would be nice and affordable.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...e-3-0-new.html
Old 12-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
Thanks. Please share Mugen part numbers that fit.

IMO
Mugen shim set E0206,Oring set E0257,$$$$$ NOT CHEAP !!!!
Old 12-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JR V
Is it really going to be a three month wait? Am getting back to racing after a twelve year break , got a 22-4 and wanted the scte 2.0 for indoor season and no dice..... Shame of it all was my XXX-T MF's are all but extinct. I still have three of em and tons of parts/tires for em. Got rid of the XXX-4 GP's way back though. Kind of wished I sold the XXX-T MF's and kept the XXX-4's.
Well, the nice thing about today is just because we are out of them, does not mean they are not around. Many shops have them in stock at this time. Last time I was at OCRC, they had them. Call around or look online, it should be easy to find one.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fastforward
Nope, still a 2.0. More continuous improvement. Moving to TiCN to match the other vehicles in the line, and just general over hall really. We took a look at the plastics we were using and metals and things have changed over the years so we are taking a step back to see what we can do to improve it. It is awesome and I have no complaints as is, but some have told me they thought the quality should improve, so I am getting this last chance to improve what I have done before this platform is passed on to the next rep.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

There's a new 2.0 on ebay for $430 shipped. They're around just have to look.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:47 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bivens

Some more options to try: shorter front camber link, lower rear toe-in.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

I will have to say....getting out standard wrenches instead of metric was a step back in time...
Old 12-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Nope, still a 2.0. More continuous improvement. Moving to TiCN to match the other vehicles in the line, and just general over hall really. We took a look at the plastics we were using and metals and things have changed over the years so we are taking a step back to see what we can do to improve it. It is awesome and I have no complaints as is, but some have told me they thought the quality should improve, so I am getting this last chance to improve what I have done before this platform is passed on to the next rep.
Only issues i had with the first production runs were the small diff screws stripping out(i switched to an mip wrench) and the plastic bottom shock caps that didn't fit(i believe was updated). I feel as though the quality of the 8e 3.0 was better but on the otherhand is roughly 100 bucks more than the scte.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcgod
There's a new 2.0 on ebay for $430 shipped. They're around just have to look.
Yeah saw that one. No body included, so it was opened. Ill pass as it is not from a hobby shop.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Well, the nice thing about today is just because we are out of them, does not mean they are not around. Many shops have them in stock at this time. Last time I was at OCRC, they had them. Call around or look online, it should be easy to find one.
LMAO, They are real easy to find! I spent two hours scouring all kinds of hobby shop websites looking for one. I found a place in Alaska that has two left, but shipping would suck balls. Might have found one in the continental 48, but did not call to confirm. I don't have time to call up every shop asking if they have them so tried to limit myself to searching online.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Even though I haven't raced mine since Summer I'm not selling it, the truck is great. Look forward to getting back into it again for Winter indoor.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JR V
LMAO, They are real easy to find! I spent two hours scouring all kinds of hobby shop websites looking for one. I found a place in Alaska that has two left, but shipping would suck balls. Might have found one in the continental 48, but did not call to confirm. I don't have time to call up every shop asking if they have them so tried to limit myself to searching online.
Contact auer ace hardware.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.