Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Honu
Congrats to you and especially your daughter!!!
+1
Old 09-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Im building my truck and was wondering if any one else had to ream the arms and tap all the screw holes. Its no big deal just wondering if all the kits are this "tight". Thanks
Old 09-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2SlowTC
Im building my truck and was wondering if any one else had to ream the arms and tap all the screw holes. Its no big deal just wondering if all the kits are this "tight". Thanks
I have now built 4 sct/eb's and have never had to tap screw holes but yes it is definitely recommended to ream the arms although I did not on my first truck and it loosened up after a few race weekends.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What bodies besides the j concepts titan have people had good luck with?
Old 09-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cain
yup, it was this listing I bought:

For the price, I couldn't pass it up. She was going to start with my RC10B4.X that had the front end "RPM'd", but, this worked out better.

Now the old man needs a new body, I think my flotek is done.

Anyone got a recommendation on any of the proline bodies outside of that EVO one?
for me, outdoor tracks with proline tundra body it doesn't help with the nose down issues in fact it makes it worse. my car flies truer with jconcepts f250 body.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

thanks for the heads up. I ordered the Jconcepts Nissan Titan body, regular thickness.

Right now, I am thinking about buying some more wheels, debating between AKA, Avid, or some Proline F11s.

Any recent opinions on the Proline's F11s versus Avids?
Old 09-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2SlowTC
As for the Arms, yea that's kindof typical for most kits. When I had my SCTE and my D8, I would ream the arms so they move freely during suspension travel.

As for tapping th escrew holes, there's not really a need for that, they tend to tap themselve as you use the cap screws and button head screws. The link arms as well.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

thanks for the heads up. I ordered the Jconcepts Nissan Titan body, regular thickness.

Right now, I am thinking about buying some more wheels, debating between AKA, Avid, or some Proline F11s.

I would recommend staying away from the Avid wheels...I rounded out the hexes in those on a few separate occasions...Never had a problem with any other brands.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have a set of the Proline F11s and AKA Enduros mounted to them. I have used them all summer and have been great. I plan on buying another set this week since indoor season will be starting soon
Old 09-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cjcoffroad
What bodies besides the j concepts titan have people had good luck with?
The Tekno guys recommended the JC ford f250 and the tlr hi flow body. I have both and also a JC chevy which is good too, just dont cut out the hood vent otherwise it will effect the nose dive.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
I have now built 4 sct/eb's and have never had to tap screw holes but yes it is definitely recommended to ream the arms although I did not on my first truck and it loosened up after a few race weekends.
Originally Posted by snwchris
As for the Arms, yea that's kindof typical for most kits. When I had my SCTE and my D8, I would ream the arms so they move freely during suspension travel.

As for tapping th escrew holes, there's not really a need for that, they tend to tap themselve as you use the cap screws and button head screws. The link arms as well.
Im just a bit of a perfectionist! Like I said its not a bad thing...I just didnt like the way the screws fit into some parts especially the diff cases. Now only if the rain would stop I can run this thing
Old 09-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

I've had pretty good luck with the standard pro-line flotek. But did need to cut the extra bit of trim off the wheel wells to get good clearance. The standard JC hiflow was ok, but it broke in half on me pretty quick, truck is too heavy for it to last with all the cutout used.

I've wanted to try other bodies but shipping two day compared to the other stuff I was getting both times made me go to LHS instead and selection was more limited.

Anyone try the Pro-line EVO on this truck?
Old 09-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I was going to try the EVO, but I didn't find it on amain at all and other places are showing october to getting it in.

Maintenance question for everyone, I noticed that when working on my daughter's vehicle to get it setup prior to her first race, I noticed that when tigthening down the front top plate that goes on top of the steering posts, if I went too far I got binding in the steering rack.

I never noticed this before on my EB48 or my SCT410.

I plan to have her disassemble and reassemble her vehicle so she can get used to working on it some so want to address that as well.

Anything in particular I should look for?
Old 09-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

3 or 4 mm reamer for the arms?
Old 09-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
I started out with 2 shims on the pinion on the inside of housing and it did not sound smooth, so went to 1 and then none and put 2 on the outside to close the space between bearing and coupler. Does that not sound right? and what do you mean by backlash?

also, with the new angled rear housing I did not have to use any shims on the left and right side of housing, it was a great fit.
When I built mine I didn't use any shims on the diff pinion at all. The diff fit was pretty snug in the new angled housing so I only used one shim on the gear side.

When he says "backlash" I believe he's referring to the amount of play between the ring gear and the diff pinion. My drivetrain spun very smoothly and seemed much quieter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.