Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Everyone,

Just my.02$ on wheels....I use the AKA SCTE wheel...I know Pres uses the AKA SC10 wheel (this wheel is +1mm per side wider then the scte wheel)

I have driven with both wheels and find that I like the SCTE offset better for my driving style.

Barry
Old 03-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

deleted
Old 03-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm getting back into R/C racing after more than 15 years away from it. The long run time and performance of LiPo batteries and brushless motors attracted me back. It's amazing how much has changed and how much has stayed the same.

When I saw the short course trucks in action, I was instantly in love! Great looks, realistic handling. I had to have one. I did my research (a lot of it in this thread) and decided I wanted a SCT410. There were a lot of factors in my decision, one of them being they are a local company. (I'm in San Diego county)

Last night, I was racing at SDRC Raceway for the first time in a long time (see above) and decided to bring my SCT410 with me to continue building with any free time I had at the track. I had a very minor issue with my build and went to talk to Daniel (Owner of Tekno) since he was there racing his SCT410 and EB48. Instead of giving me the advice I was looking for, he took the truck from me and proceeded to work on it himself. I felt bad about interrupting him during his time to prep his own race vehicles, but he would have none of it. About 15 minutes later he handed me back my truck and explained what he did to solve my issue. (More of an assembly issue than a quality issue)

I realize that not everyone has the luxury of racing at the same track as the owner of the company, but this level of commitment to customer service is something to be appreciated.

I plan on adding an EB48 to the stable as soon as I have knocked the 15+ years of rust off of the driver.

Thanks Daniel!!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

So I just installed the aluminum screw kit and lightened chassis and I've hit my first problem

I noticed my ride height was a bit higher then normal. After a closer look it's because the tabs for the front droop screws are angled. I could probably use longer screws to fix that but because of the angle when you tighten them down it's starting to angle off the tabs. Any ideas?

Old 03-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I dont run that much out, no problems so far on mine.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I was thinking about putting an order for some spare parts. I dont really want to buy something i dont need has anyone broke a rear hub carrier ? Any suggestion on parts i should order ? I have only ran like 4 or 5 packs through my truck so i havent broke anything yet lol
Old 03-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Syldain-
You could try
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...d-Droop-Screws

Thread the button side in from the bottom. The screw end has a provision for a 2mm hex and you would make your adjustments with that, from the top.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evolution03
I was thinking about putting an order for some spare parts. I dont really want to buy something i dont need has anyone broke a rear hub carrier ? Any suggestion on parts i should order ? I have only ran like 4 or 5 packs through my truck so i havent broke anything yet lol
I have not broken anything yet either. But, I did get a bunch of spares when I originally got the truck, some things that are just easy to lose.

Small set screws (for sway bars and differential couplers)
Small washers
Extra locknuts for shock towers and wheels
Rod ends
Inner hinge pins
Hinge pin braces
Front shock shafts

Haven't had to use anything except washers when a steering bolt backed out and I lost some.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
Syldain-
You could try
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...d-Droop-Screws

Thread the button side in from the bottom. The screw end has a provision for a 2mm hex and you would make your adjustments with that, from the top.
Those look like it could work. I was also thinking about using some sort of nut and locktight.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syldain
So I just installed the aluminum screw kit and lightened chassis and I've hit my first problem

I noticed my ride height was a bit higher then normal. After a closer look it's because the tabs for the front droop screws are angled. I could probably use longer screws to fix that but because of the angle when you tighten them down it's starting to angle off the tabs. Any ideas?
If you look at the manual for the EB48, it shows the screws inserted into the arm from the bottom. You will just have to adjust from the bottom unless you get those AE droop screws.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

on the +3 wheels, my tires BARELY rub! and that is running on 1/8 huge offroad track!
i had them already on LOTS of new tires and was gonna run them either way
I have 1 set of AKA wheels(scte)
i also run JC body part number 0222
Old 03-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
If you look at the manual for the EB48, it shows the screws inserted into the arm from the bottom. You will just have to adjust from the bottom unless you get those AE droop screws.
+1
Old 03-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Acill
Im in Gilbert. SRS its dead, Comp, its dead, One Hobbies, yup dead there too. So crazy i just dont get it. I'd like to find out some other areas here in AZ that actually have a class. A Sat in yuma works if the races are in the afternoon. Id sure hate to make that drive and not have a showing though.
Well we ALWAYS have a 4x4 class. We had 17 drivers last week between Sportsman and Expert. We were missing a few though due to races at the fairground. Usually around 20 4x4's.

There's about 6-7 Tekno's out here right now.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Guys have a weird problem, was out in front of the house testing a different motor and developed a weird clicking noise.
It happened after I power slid into the front lawn at full speed?? I have the motor/tranny out and it seems to spin smooth.
The stub axles were my first guess and they are fine. Don't know where else to look.

Thanks
Old 03-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just a couple guesses. possibly a rock hit the spur gear and nicked it?
otherwise try holding the front tires and giving it throttle, does the clicking sound persist... try again holding the rears.... or left vs right, should be able to locate it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.