Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snwchris
I have the angled diff case on its way along with the straight cut gears and I was curious, does the pinion still need a washer shim on the inside bearing (interior diff case)
I still run just one on the inside. I always run atleast one shim between an axle and a nearing if i can. Just seems safer to me.

Im running my RX8 with the buttons inboard. Keeps the sensor wire away from the side of the truck and keeps it safe from getting pulled out in a crash.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snwchris
I have the angled diff case on its way along with the straight cut gears and I was curious, does the pinion still need a washer shim on the inside bearing (interior diff case)
No, it's not necessary. But follow the instructions from the manual to shim it left/right as before.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOLISARIO
Clean setup.

How are both holding up in terms of durability? I'm assuming it should be less of a worry in 4x4 SCT since it does not put as much of a strain on the esc.
As far as durability goes, I have had the VTX8 for about a month longer an fit started life in a losi scte. I had to replace the fan on it about 3 weeks ago. That's the only issue I've had with either.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Guys we have a thread going on pros and cons of cell count in 1/8 going and being as the sct410 is really a 1/8 style rc and with tekno coming out with the new superlight ebuggy conversion for the 410 we would be very interested in your opinions/experiences with motor selection cell count and such. A few folks have suggested 2s is not a viable option (I know it is as the 410 often runs laps faster or as fast as ebuggy) here's a link to the thread please chime in. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ons-cells.html
Old 10-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thompson7
Would an SMC servo horn work on the Tekno? Or do you need the teknO one?
Hey Mitch, I picked up one of those SMC servo horns when I ordered a battery just because they're so inexpensive. It does seem big compared to other servo horns. I haven't tried it in anything yet but if you already have it it might be worth trying and see how it works. When I ran my Orion servo I used the Ofna servo horn and it was great. Now I use the Protek horn that came with my Protek servo. If you find out that you have to buy one, the Tekno horn is probably the best one to get.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Since the kyosho green springs are a recent topic. Can someone supply the part numbers for front and rear?
Old 10-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Originally Posted by ArmySSG
@Gvm23 Yea I like there center diff and front steering post add-ons but for price $50 bucks could get me another lipo lol..

@Mydudrevo.. Yea maybe its a traxxas thing but customization is always an extra pick me up when there is nothing else needed for the truck .. I'm so used to my slash having to need extra parts here and there that with this kit.. all I can really do is a paint mod.. I wanted to see how it turned out because I know a guy that will do some anodizing for a decent price. Later on I may invest in getting all my alum parts anodized professionally.. For the most part the chassis was really easy and clean once complete, I had to grind/ scuff it up good for the white base, and then top'd it with the anodized red from advanced auto parts.. Its really on there too so I'm not too worried about scratching.. I didn't do the bottom of the chassis, just slapped a carbon fiber chassis skin on it..
Do you mind posting a picture of the Carbon Fiber chassis sticker? Sounds really cool I'll have to look into one. Oh, and by the way that red looks great
Old 10-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeremyMcG
As far as durability goes, I have had the VTX8 for about a month longer an fit started life in a losi scte. I had to replace the fan on it about 3 weeks ago. That's the only issue I've had with either.
I really like Viper ESC's they're smooth and also configurable with the pro gauge at the track, or EZ link at home on the PC or laptop. Never had any problems with any of mine.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Anyone know where to get the black wire with the carbon fiber cloth looking wrap? Sorry, don't have enough posts to insert pics.
Looks cool and effective!!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WTDblNut
Anyone know where to get the black wire with the carbon fiber cloth looking wrap? Sorry, don't have enough posts to insert pics.
Looks cool and effective!!
Here's where I got mine. I got the 1/8 in. which fits 12 awg, in 10 ft which will do at least 3 setups. I also used 1/4 heat shrink to clean it up.

http://www.wirecare.com/products.asp?prodline=CCP
Old 10-21-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

I dont mean to start a whole 2s vs 3s debate on here but has anyone ran a 3s in there truck. I currently run the sct pro and the 3656 sd and its fast as all hell. but i dont like the heat build up none the less the battery prices. Obviously it depends on track rules but if someone is putting out the same rpms with a 3s system as someone with a 2s system i dont see the problem especially with club races. any thoughts? i am aware i will catch flack for this from die hard rule followers but the heck with it haha
Old 10-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xXblitzXx
I dont mean to start a whole 2s vs 3s debate on here but has anyone ran a 3s in there truck. I currently run the sct pro and the 3656 sd and its fast as all hell. but i dont like the heat build up none the less the battery prices. Obviously it depends on track rules but if someone is putting out the same rpms with a 3s system as someone with a 2s system i dont see the problem especially with club races. any thoughts? i am aware i will catch flack for this from die hard rule followers but the heck with it haha
3s and 2s are in no way going to deliver comparable power. That, and I can guarantee thats not gonna fly at your local tracks.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard
3s and 2s are in no way going to deliver comparable power. That, and I can guarantee thats not gonna fly at your local tracks.
Jeff i wasnt saying i was going to be the one to do it. i was just asking. And if someone ran a 3200 kv on 3s vs a 4700kv on 2s speeds would be comparable. obliviously the person wouldnt gear it to go 60 down the straight away. so the only advantage would be acceleration. witch is limited by traction anyways. The advantage would be running cheaper batteries and having cooler temps
Old 10-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I run 4s in my SC all the time. Protek 3100's and a Tekin 1800 or 2300 ROC motor. Prior to that I used Venom's 2500 mah 50C packs with a Neu 1509 1800kv motor. Runs great. No one at our track minded and no one ever thought my truck had too much power. I also tried 3s out for a while with similar results, but I preferred 4s, ran a little cooler and I could run those packs in my lightweight 8th scale.

I'm not saying to go do it, but it worked for me. Downside is whenever you go to big race or another track that cares you have to switch everything out.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xXblitzXx
You won't be allowed to run that at our track, or any other track in the area for that matter.

Although rpm would be the same, the wattage will be far greater. Saying you are limited by traction is ficitious. SCT and 8th scale have the same contact patch to the ground, and you obviously can see those are faster accelerating than sct, though what you speak of would be somewhere in the middle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.