Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BentKa
As mentioned before Martin's EOS setup with 2mm chassis and stiffeners also included different side pods to the chassis.

On high grip Malin doesn't like to run without the front 2mm X-brace as it gets a bit inconsistent, but for low to medium grip it should work out just fine

Bent
Thank Bentka! Much appreciated my friend.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Picked up a used xb4 2015 and it didnt come with the shorty stuff. Anyone have a bag #9 they aren't going to use that you'd be willing to part with?
Old 06-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom
Picked up a used xb4 2015 and it didnt come with the shorty stuff. Anyone have a bag #9 they aren't going to use that you'd be willing to part with?

I actually do have the shorty set up from my 15 XB4 kit which has never been used. I have been running saddles since day one on my 15 XB4. I have thought about giving the shorty set-up a try but have not done so as of yet.

PM me, possibly we can work something out.

Best,

Norse
Old 06-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
I actually do have the shorty set up from my 15 XB4 kit which has never been used. I have been running saddles since day one on my 15 XB4. I have thought about giving the shorty set-up a try but have not done so as of yet.

PM me, possibly we can work something out.

Best,

Norse
PM sent.

The shorty setup would be mostly for fall when we head back inside. I race on a mega bite clay surface. I'd honestly like to try both to see what works best.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hudy spring steel my foot. Its more like hudy snap steel. Two race night in my buddies back yard he broke two front drive shaft and i snapped a front center drive shaft. All where the barrel goes in . Our set ups are similar and we have preventitive set ups as not to break drive shaft and outdrives. With inner shock and outter limiters as well as pills to the outside position. There in back order for a reason cause they are weak . And not cheap either. Snap one of each and maybe a shock shaft and you may as well just buy a brand new kit. Im going specR shafts this time . At least you get 2 shafts axles and barrel"which have been on back order for months. Love the car but getting bitter buying snap steel all the time.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Hudy spring steel my foot. Its more like hudy snap steel. Two race night in my buddies back yard he broke two front drive shaft and i snapped a front center drive shaft. All where the barrel goes in . Our set ups are similar and we have preventitive set ups as not to break drive shaft and outdrives. With inner shock and outter limiters as well as pills to the outside position. There in back order for a reason cause they are weak . And not cheap either. Snap one of each and maybe a shock shaft and you may as well just buy a brand new kit. Im going specR shafts this time . At least you get 2 shafts axles and barrel"which have been on back order for months. Love the car but getting bitter buying snap steel all the time.
I will reluctantly have to agree. This is my first Xray and I have to say I am very disappointed with the quality of the metals. I have had two steel pinions go bad. There are no shims included so I built according to manual. Running slipper with .5mm gap like instructed in manual. Car drives incredible. Started to hear a grinding sound from rear so pulled apart and chunks of gear were inside gearbox. Checked front as well and found pieces broken off but not as severe. You can see that the metal used is very cheap, almost pot metal like. This is after running only 15 packs on a brand new kit.

I have also broken two front driveshafts, one left one right, without hitting anything. Both snapped around barrel. The material is very thin in this area.

Also noticed that these parts are very difficult to find and are out of stock on most sites. Tells you something. Then the fact that it's $25 a pop for a single shaft is kind of a slap in the face when the quality is sub-par.

I'm sure I'll get the "mine have lasted years and years without one break" but I know what I know...not some hack driver but qualify right up there with the pros.

i've broken no other parts so to have the metals breaking under normal conditions is a huge let down.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I hear that . Plastics are fantastic but im def not impressed with spring steel and theyre def thin around the barrel . Also broke an outdrive which is also a lil thin. Cars a beast otherwise. But for the money , break a few metal parts and your better off buying a new kit if you drive alot.cmon xray . 3 yrs on carpet with my 22 and never snapped a rear drive shaft.or my scte if your gna argue its just a 2wd
Old 06-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I broke one front shaft. on the 15 when it was real new. Never on a 13/14 car. Just like you are describing, near the wheel hub barrel.

I am guessing something changed.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I broke a front shaft and went with spec r shafts and have been very happy. I have also replaced front and rear pinions. Like another has stated, the material seems kinda cheap. I love the car though it drives like a dream!
Old 06-14-2015, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by suby723
I broke a front shaft and went with spec r shafts and have been very happy. I have also replaced front and rear pinions. Like another has stated, the material seems kinda cheap. I love the car though it drives like a dream!
I got sick of breaking front shafts and went with the spec-R as well awesome. Did you replace the front and rear pinions with X-ray or does another company make better ones, I've taken teeth out off 3 off them now they seem to be very soft. Still love the XB4 Though.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I replaced them with the stock parts again. I'm not sure if another company makes them. Just seems like they aren't much more stronger over the plastic pinions.

Btw had anyone found the chassis inserts available yet?
Old 06-14-2015, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723
I replaced them with the stock parts again. I'm not sure if another company makes them. Just seems like they aren't much more stronger over the plastic pinions.

Btw had anyone found the chassis inserts available yet?
SCVRC has some more on the way. They already had one shipment.. Waiting on mine!

https://www.facebook.com/scvremotecomtrol?fref=ts
Old 06-14-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent
I broke one front shaft. on the 15 when it was real new. Never on a 13/14 car. Just like you are describing, near the wheel hub barrel.

I am guessing something changed.
Something must be different. Most of these broken shafts and shearing of drive train parts seems to have occurred in the newer '15 spec kits. Xray were boasting that they had brought parts 'heat treatment' in-house in 2014 and were working it out, I wonder if this is a possible cause.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi I'm new in rctech. I've got xb4'15. What could I do to increase rear traction and stering off power? I don't know how I can ad photo of my setup sheet
Old 06-14-2015, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MaricopaAgent
SCVRC has some more on the way. They already had one shipment.. Waiting on mine!

https://www.facebook.com/scvremotecomtrol?fref=ts
I have been told to shim the gear and pinion to a minimum play. Is there a aftermarket pinion ?? After i put metal gear in diff i broke the pinion after 6 times on carpet , have changed back to plastic gears in diff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.