Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

for ya'll that run XRAY, im looking to get a 4wd buggy potentially. does XRAY always come out with new cars every year? whats it like getting parts for the older model? im afraid to buy XRAY for that reason. i prefer a 2-3 year upgrade plan. i know i dont have to but when the new model comes out it puts pressure on you to upgrade and i personally dont enjoy my current model knowing theres the latest greatest etc...plus i like a couple years to really dial a car in.

considering this, schu k2, yz-4, or the 22-4 2.0 when it comes out.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lyons238
for ya'll that run XRAY, im looking to get a 4wd buggy potentially. does XRAY always come out with new cars every year? whats it like getting parts for the older model? im afraid to buy XRAY for that reason. i prefer a 2-3 year upgrade plan. i know i dont have to but when the new model comes out it puts pressure on you to upgrade and i personally dont enjoy my current model knowing theres the latest greatest etc...plus i like a couple years to really dial a car in.

considering this, schu k2, yz-4, or the 22-4 2.0 when it comes out.
Yes xray releases a new car every year around December. If you have to have the latest and don't want to upgrade every year then you probably won't be happy. That being said, there's no problems getting parts for the older xb4. Xray also does a great job of upgrading the durability AND performance of the car every year. Not just change for the sake of change like some manufacturers.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Yes xray releases a new car every year around December. If you have to have the latest and don't want to upgrade every year then you probably won't be happy. That being said, there's no problems getting parts for the older xb4. Xray also does a great job of upgrading the durability AND performance of the car every year. Not just change for the sake of change like some manufacturers.
+1 I agree with RCGod. Performance and durability as improves, thus on a platform that's already great.

A lot of nice wheelers however if you want performance, durability, parts availibity and a very easy wheeler to work on you won't be disappointed with owning an XB4.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmcelroy42
It looks like you have too much camber or droop (not any down travel shims inside shocks) or a combination of both. Mine is built with the kit setup and looks like there is enough room to swap the steering bushings around.
Hey jmcelroy42, thanks for the upload, yes you got quite good clearance there, I will have to check camber, timannnn6 also mentioned this and I misinterpreted ( brain fade) what he said. You both may be right after having another look at my pic. I hadn't even got to the setup board yet so I wasn't even thinking about those things, I had also bought the car 2nd hand ( then rebuilt it ) so I assumed that he would have had that set correct, or at least close. Thanks again guys, could have a fix here, fingers crossed.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Remember that you can always check stock of parts and kits directly at the Xray factory in Slovakia.
This way you can keep an eye on release dates as well as expected shipping dates of new parts and kits and their ETA at your national distributor.
Remember that shipping time will vary greatly depending on where your national distributor is located, what shipping option they use as well as local customs times.
Use this link to enter the part or kit number you want to check:

https://stock.teamxray.com

Bent
Old 04-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So my 16 car has an interesting quirk. The shaft in the rear that connects to the pinion gear has a bit of play front to back. I recently replaced the diff case, pinion and dif gear as I was having an issue with them roaching out. I shimmed the pinion gear to make the mesh tighter but once the case is on its to tight for free movement. Backed some shims off and got movement but now the play is back. I'm concerned it's now too loose and will once again chew up a gear. Can I run this without shimming it? How come the manual says nothing about this?

This is my 3rd XB4 and I've never had an issue like this before the 16 car.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by likea45
So my 16 car has an interesting quirk. The shaft in the rear that connects to the pinion gear has a bit of play front to back. I recently replaced the diff case, pinion and dif gear as I was having an issue with them roaching out. I shimmed the pinion gear to make the mesh tighter but once the case is on its to tight for free movement. Backed some shims off and got movement but now the play is back. I'm concerned it's now too loose and will once again chew up a gear. Can I run this without shimming it? How come the manual says nothing about this?

This is my 3rd XB4 and I've never had an issue like this before the 16 car.
Try shimming on the outside of the case to remove the play.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Came home with my first kit yesterday and now I just have to get the rest =) Looks like I'm going for Hobbywing combo 3.1/6.5T but transmitter...? Also interested of receiver with built in antenna, anyone with experience of this on outdoor track?

ttp://forumbilder.se/F9GL8/20160405-191959-1-1.jpg

It stands between MT-4S and EX-2, have dry tested MT-4 and it feels well balanced with solid button and knobs. Think neither about the grip = nothing special and my local dealer says it's the same as MT-4S.

The problem is that he dont have EX-2 in stock and I can't pre-test it... About every search I make the first thing that pop up is how nice the grip is on the EX-2.

I have euro size 10 hands, is the EX-2 amazing and better in some other way than the grip or is it the other way around?
Old 04-06-2016, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Norse
+1 I agree with RCGod. Performance and durability as improves, thus on a platform that's already great.

A lot of nice wheelers however if you want performance, durability, parts availibity and a very easy wheeler to work on you won't be disappointed with owning an XB4.
Hmm, so maybe I could keep it for two years and then upgrade. Would you guys recommend the XB4 over just getting another 22 3.0? I want one car for clay and one for carpet. time is limited so i was going to just get a second 22 3.0, but im considering a 4wd as well. any opinions?

how is the maintenance for the XB4?
Old 04-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lyons238
Hmm, so maybe I could keep it for two years and then upgrade. Would you guys recommend the XB4 over just getting another 22 3.0? I want one car for clay and one for carpet. time is limited so i was going to just get a second 22 3.0, but im considering a 4wd as well. any opinions?

how is the maintenance for the XB4?
Honestly I probably do maintenance less on my xb4 than any other car I have. The diffs and shocks don't leak. It's super durable. Yes parts cost is high, but when it doesn't break much then it's not a big deal. And the 2016 is super easy to work on since it doesn't have upper decks getting in the way. 4 screws and the diff is out.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Honestly I probably do maintenance less on my xb4 than any other car I have. The diffs and shocks don't leak. It's super durable. Yes parts cost is high, but when it doesn't break much then it's not a big deal. And the 2016 is super easy to work on since it doesn't have upper decks getting in the way. 4 screws and the diff is out.
im so torn because with a second 3.0 i have a clay car and a carpet car. i have TONS of spares and i know the cars well, so everything is super easy and efficient. time is very limited for me as i dont have much time for this hobby factoring all my obligations and my other hobbies.

on the other hand, it may be more fun to own a 4wd as well.

i really cant decide!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would much rather run multiple classes than have 2 of the same cars for dedicated surfaces. Even if u race the 22 on both surfaces i am sure u could get the car at least competitive with minor adjustments as opposed to having a completely seperate car, at least for my skill level anyway...i would get the xb4 now and see if u really need another 22 down the road and if u have to have another one at least it gives u a little more time to save up
Old 04-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xyzracer
I would much rather run multiple classes than have 2 of the same cars for dedicated surfaces. Even if u race the 22 on both surfaces i am sure u could get the car at least competitive with minor adjustments as opposed to having a completely seperate car, at least for my skill level anyway...i would get the xb4 now and see if u really need another 22 down the road and if u have to have another one at least it gives u a little more time to save up
the thing is with the design of the 3.0, its best suited for clay with the transmission being further back than the 2.0 mm. so you can run it on carpet but its not ideal. now they have the laydown trans i was going to have one very competitive clay and one carpet.

my impulsive mind says get the xb4. but my logical side says get another 3.0. save money, time, and ease of use with all the same spares etc.

also my limited time is a huge factor. i need to be able to do quick maintenance and have quick and easy changes and a lot of spares.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

hello team!
I m having a problem since today..
Steering works, throttle stops working after 1land, then after i mess around the cables for a little it works again, but not always, then it stops responding to throttle.It seemed to be the sensor from the motor but now after touching the sensor cable it doesnt come back or anything.
What could it be?
I have a new Muchmore PRO and a Speed passion 6.5T and MT-4 with sanwa receiver.
The mT-4 is also new from the box with the receiver.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Update: When the throttle stops responding, if i move the pinion gear with my finger 1-2 clicks, the throttle works. if i brake or stop the throttle, it stops respoding again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.