Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bleomycin
I'm about ready to place my order for 2 xb4 16's but I had a couple questions.

Is the center diff the same between the 15 and 16? The manual shows Part #364901 but amainhobbies.com lists that as a 2015 part (i'm assuming their site just isn't updated)?

I have 0 local part supply options for xray so it would be extremely helpful to know which parts are most likely to break so I can order some replacements to have in the tool box in advance. Thanks!
It is the same. Enjoy the cars! Add a xb2 to that also.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bleomycin
I'm about ready to place my order for 2 xb4 16's but I had a couple questions.

Is the center diff the same between the 15 and 16? The manual shows Part #364901 but amainhobbies.com lists that as a 2015 part (i'm assuming their site just isn't updated)?

I have 0 local part supply options for xray so it would be extremely helpful to know which parts are most likely to break so I can order some replacements to have in the tool box in advance. Thanks!
Suby is correct. The only possible difference that I could imagine would be the possibility of the 16 center gear diffs, thus newer packaged center gear diffs having the graphite blend gears over the standard composite gears. The 16 front and rear kit internal diff gears come standard with the graphite blend gears.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Running a 5.5, with the slipper all the way loose it pull wheelies.. Any ideas?
Old 01-14-2016, 12:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

VOLVOFREAK
Driving with slicks insnt like driving with minipins
Ask the question on Xray Sweden FB page or send me a PM and we will get you a good setup to try.

Last edited by onekiwi; 01-15-2016 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by randy0025
someone on facebook i have been talking to is making one and should be ready for orde any day if not out

This is what the design looks like. If my info is correct it will fit XB4 2016 when running shorty pack. It fits 30x30 fan with 24x24 hole pattern and M2.5 screws. Measurements taken from an orca 30x30x7 fan

Thats correct
https://www.facebook.com/SpectacleEngineering/?fref=ts
Not sure they are in production just now as they need to be real world tested

He made it as well as some other products for the XB2.
The 16 is only shorty and if I recall its only for the motor in the forward position as its covered by the motor in the rear position.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by onekiwi
This would probably be much more suited to a carpet track with WBC slicks.

I call BS..
Have you even driven with those slicks in those conditions? Ever tested with the 16 car? Must have as you have the answers as usual.
Do you even need to comment if you havent tested.
Is that a standard answer.. "test our setup", which actually looks a lot like the other team drivers... funny that

Why not refer to someone that has actually driven in those conditions and know what they are talking about.

VOLVOFREAK
It is NOT ANYTHING like driving with minipins
Ask the question on Xray Sweden FB page and you will get a good setup to try.

Got your panties in a bunch Simon ?!?!??!?!?!?

If you and Klas are any measurement on decent setups then so be it

Had to help out the Swedish Xray drivers once again at the DHI Cup

Turned up with homemade parts as they felt the Xray parts wasn't up to the task……..just to end up swapping back and copying our setups in the end after all

And yes we have done 2 years of the WBC cup on slicks + a ton of practice weekends at the track in Borås and we ran slicks at the track here in Larvik as well

We ran the '14 XB4, prototype '15 XB4, production XB4, XB4 2WD and 2 different XB2 prototypes on the very track you do your practice and testing

Malin easily beat the track record in both 2WD and 4WD in Borås last winter.

Really wasn't that hard to beat either with just a couple of battery packs of practice

Looking forward to all your useful banter on this thread as well Simon

And yes…….me, Martin, Bruno and Juraj work together testing different settings during the day. And by the end of the day we end up with very similar setups but with some small differences.
That's how a team work together on race day.

Come to one of the races and maybe you'll learn something

Bent
Old 01-14-2016, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
Running a 5.5, with the slipper all the way loose it pull wheelies.. Any ideas?
Take the spring out and compress it a few times with a set of players

This will take out some of the tension in it.

We run it at 0mm on both cars and it's perfect.

Bent
Old 01-14-2016, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Thank you for the response. Is 500,000cst the same (or at least close to the same) as 500k AE fluid?

And if I use the 361168 braces should I also use the 361173 front piece that ties the bulk to the steering post? Or do I not necessarily need that?
You can run without the 361173 front top deck to gain more flex and steering.

That is what we do.

But if you do you need to keep the steering brace going between the steering posts

Yes….500' AE is the same as it is measured in CST

Bent
Old 01-14-2016, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Bent,

I see many people use 100.000 in the center diff.

You say use 500.000 minimum, does this simply mean when you would need to go lower you start running ball diffs and slipper instead?
Old 01-14-2016, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
Bent,

I see many people use 100.000 in the center diff.

You say use 500.000 minimum, does this simply mean when you would need to go lower you start running ball diffs and slipper instead?
We have on a very few occasions been using 300.000, but for blown out loose dirt tracks or slippery greasy wet astro tracks we use 500.000 with gear diffs.

When using ball diffs we always run the slipper.

For everything else from medium grip and up we either use 1.000.000 center diff or slipper.

Slipper is faster but center diff is easier to drive as it gives less weight transfer front to rear.

Generally on carpet Malin prefers slipper and on astro she uses center diff with 1.000.000.

Bent
Old 01-14-2016, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Default DHI Cup 2016

Video of Malin's Xray XB4 in qualifying @ 2016 DHI Cup in Denmark with Bruno Coelho, Martin Bayer, Jörn Neumann, Michal Orlowski, David Ronnefalk etc.

She ended up qualifying as #8 for the A-final using this setup:

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...setup=xb4_2016

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Bent
Old 01-14-2016, 02:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

help

Last edited by onekiwi; 01-15-2016 at 01:39 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

Nope just a bit tired of all the same answers. Me me me
Nice that you decide to pull in Klas and insult him as well as other drivers, keeping on with the usual I see.

Great that you help out at DHI but its NOT slicks and we don't that much experience with minipins.
Again insulting peoples own testing and exploring

So where did you test the 16 car on WBC slicks
Tested on your track with slicks, great comparision
Haven't you said that its a different car requiring different things. hmm

Great that you beat the record, we are all very impressed.

I race when I can and might even see you at a race, but I will work on my own car and enjoy racing toy cars.

If I want to learn to shout at people on forums, insult drivers, try to always get the last word in, burn bridges, sound like an arse then I know who to look for. But that won't be happening.

I would spend a bit of time on here but as we don't drive on the same surface and dont offer tips or info on that , but can offer tips that we have found helpful and its not always xrays products. I try not to insult people in the process as well.

You haven't changed much I see

Feel free to block me so my posts don't annoy you

I know you don't do much testing with Mini Pin.

But we've done a ton of testing with WBC slicks (and Sweep, ProLine and Panther) both on the tracks you run on and the few tracks we have here at home over the course of 2 years.

Our setup is 95% the same as with the '15.

And we tested different chassis and setups as well on the '15 which is now being used on the '16.

When we have done the WBC races in Sweden we have always started with our Pin setup and changed from there.

Usually ending up with very similar setups on the different carpet tracks running slicks.

Lower grip is lower grip……..doesn't matter if the surface is carpet, astro or clay…….the physics are the same.

And I'm always happy to help anyone at the track no matter what brand you run or what level of driver you are.

I have no secrets and share everything to everyone.

Bent

Edit: a "couple" of laps from last January on the very track you test and practice on running a prototype 2WD and '15 4WD with different chassis and center diff.:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

Last edited by BentKa; 01-14-2016 at 03:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Has anyone tried Coelho's setup on very high bite clay?
Old 01-14-2016, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thats correct
https://www.facebook.com/SpectacleEngineering/?fref=ts
Not sure they are in production just now as they need to be real world tested

He made it as well as some other products for the XB2.
The 16 is only shorty and if I recall its only for the motor in the forward position as its covered by the motor in the rear position.

yeah they are shipping out to anyone that wants to order one. I got mine in read and also ordered the front shock tower cover aswell. here is a pic of mine
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-12571222_10153870725074282_445400560_n.jpg  

Last edited by randy0025; 01-14-2016 at 08:43 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.