Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
From what Bent has said, the 2015 car was medium flex out of the box and it worked fine for me on high bite. I'm hoping that running the med flex parts and tuning with the stiffening screws I will be able to run it on all surfaces. From Bent's experience it sounds to me that it should work fine.
My Bad RC G,

I thought you were running the 16 XB4. 16 has the hard comp. chassis braces and side rails. You are definetly correct on the 15 having medium comp. braces and side rails.

My bad again brother, I got what your saying know. You are running the 16. With how the 15 ran with on high bite with its medium comp. chassis braces and stiffeners makes sense , thus going with the medium braces and rails on the 16 the buggy will run high bite by adding screws.

Sorry for the confusion on my part my friend.

You running slipper or center gear diff?
Old 01-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
My Bad RC G,

I thought you were running the 16 XB4. 16 has the hard comp. chassis braces and side rails. You are definetly correct on the 15 having medium comp. braces and side rails.

My bad again brother, I got what your saying know. You are running the 16. With how the 15 ran with on high bite with its medium comp. chassis braces and stiffeners makes sense , thus going with the medium braces and rails on the 16 the buggy will run high bite by adding screws.

Sorry for the confusion on my part my friend.

You running slipper or center gear diff?
Yes I'm running the 16 car now. Haven't had a chance to try it yet with the med flex parts. Going to do some practice tomorrow and will report back. I'm running the slipper. I really like the new design with 3 pads. I probably won't get the gear diff.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Yes I'm running the 16 car now. Haven't had a chance to try it yet with the med flex parts. Going to do some practice tomorrow and will report back. I'm running the slipper. I really like the new design with 3 pads. I probably won't get the gear diff.
I agree with you and the new the 3 pad slipper. I know some fellas whom are using Mczkune pads with the Optional 3pad slipper in their YZ4's in which they are having better than excellent results on everything from very low bite to super high and all between. I may try see if they have Mckune pads for the XB4 and try them out.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how the medium flex chassis braces and side rails work.

Thanks Brother
Old 01-10-2016, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I highly recommend the mckune slipper pads. I have them on both my xb2 and xb4. The main thing is that they are extremely consistent though the entire race.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by suby723
I highly recommend the mckune slipper pads. I have them on both my xb2 and xb4. The main thing is that they are extremely consistent though the entire race.
Suby my friend! How were your holidays brother?

Perfa timing chiming in on your experience with using Mckune slipper pads in your XRAY buggies. One more solid confirmation from Suby.

I know they are advertised for high bite conditions but as I have been told by some experienced racers that the McKune pads have been working excellent in their YZ4's on super low bite through and to super high bite tracks.
As you said they hold their consistency through out an entire race or practice and that's one of the big benefits along with other benefits the gents with the YZ4's have said.

Thanks Suby

brother
Old 01-10-2016, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Norse
Suby my friend! How were your holidays brother?

Perfa timing chiming in on your experience with using Mckune slipper pads in your XRAY buggies. One more solid confirmation from Suby.

I know they are advertised for high bite conditions but as I have been told by some experienced racers that the McKune pads have been working excellent in their YZ4's on super low bite through and to super high bite tracks.
As you said they hold their consistency through out an entire race or practice and that's one of the big benefits along with other benefits the gents with the YZ4's have said.

Thanks Suby

brother

Hey buddy I had a great holidays, thanks for asking. Hope you had a good one too. I haven't driven on low bite but I'm sure they will work good. I also like that you can resurface them very easy and get them like new again.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey All,

New to the Xray platform as I will be receiving an new XB4 in the next few days.

Looking through the manual I notice that there aren't any shock shaft measurements or free length measurements to get baseline droop setup, aside from the number of shims under the piston.

How are you all doing it? Are you just setting shock shaft length to one consistent measurement or are you using some form of droop measurement during final setup?

Thanks a bunch.

- Jake
Old 01-10-2016, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Jake,
Find a setup you want to try/use and they have the measurements.

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/xray/s...cin2015112022/

Pretty common to use 23/27 or 24/27
Old 01-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jakeb
Hey All,

New to the Xray platform as I will be receiving an new XB4 in the next few days.

Looking through the manual I notice that there aren't any shock shaft measurements or free length measurements to get baseline droop setup, aside from the number of shims under the piston.

How are you all doing it? Are you just setting shock shaft length to one consistent measurement or are you using some form of droop measurement during final setup?

Thanks a bunch.

- Jake
This is a good setup if your on carpet and pretty standard shock lengths. 22/23mm front shock length and 27mm rear. Also upstop shims are really good to have.
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-image.jpg  
Old 01-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sergel
I replaced the front upper deck on my 16 with the optional brace. Now I am concerned that after hard landings the chassis at the front is more prone to bend ( at the kick-up). Does I have to worry about that ?
Is seems to me a contradiction that with the optional brace we are looking for more grip on high traction surfaces but on the other hand introduce more flex. Can someone explain the theory behind this ? Thx.
Bringing this back under the attention
Old 01-11-2016, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Bringing this back under the attention

I ran my buggy with only 1 screw in the rear center chassis brace and just noticed that the rear center drive shaft now has a little bit of bend to it. needless to say i added a screw and ordered a new drive shaft.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by randy0025
I ran my buggy with only 1 screw in the rear center chassis brace and just noticed that the rear center drive shaft now has a little bit of bend to it. needless to say i added a screw and ordered a new drive shaft.
Nice to know. I was referring to the front where I replaced the stock "X" brace with the optional brace (between the steering posts) and was wondering if this could also happen to the front what you experienced at the rear.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Nice to know. I was referring to the front where I replaced the stock "X" brace with the optional brace (between the steering posts) and was wondering if this could also happen to the front what you experienced at the rear.
We never use the X front top deck, only the steering brace.

But running it without the front X top deck will increase the chances of bending the front part of the chassis (kick up) in heavy head on crashes.

So if you do crash not stuff a lot you might want to keep it in place.

Bent
Old 01-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by randy0025
Never run the chassis brace with only 1 screw. This completely removes the effect of the brace. Always use a minimum of 2 screws

You can run Medium braces with only 2 screws for a lot of flex for really blown out tracks.

Bent
Old 01-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

I used the kit pistons. They seem to fit the shock body better than the older models did. Maybe the new shock bodies are slightly smaller in ID.

That's what I was thinking. Our indoor track is low to med bite but when we go outdoors it's high bite sugar so I can switch back to hard parts then.
Tolerances on the pistons themselves have improved

Bent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.