Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

was hoping someone from XRAY would at least give us a estimated date for the release of the updated 2015 edition with the center diff. that way we can atleast plan on a date. Kinda sick of xray giving a generic answer like "we are working on it and as soon as we have a quality kit it will hit the market" I mean I have seen pictures of it so they have gotta atleast have the design down. any dates avil xray. Sorry if this seems rude. Just cant wait any longer for a center diff xb4. that is all the car needs to be the best out and I can finally get rid of this hot bodies d413 for outdoor uses
Old 08-29-2014, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by randy0025
was hoping someone from XRAY would at least give us a estimated date for the release of the updated 2015 edition with the center diff. that way we can atleast plan on a date. Kinda sick of xray giving a generic answer like "we are working on it and as soon as we have a quality kit it will hit the market" I mean I have seen pictures of it so they have gotta atleast have the design down. any dates avil xray. Sorry if this seems rude. Just cant wait any longer for a center diff xb4. that is all the car needs to be the best out and I can finally get rid of this hot bodies d413 for outdoor uses
And it has started
Old 08-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think this was discussed 4 pages back.... lol
Old 08-29-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Why would they when ppl are buying composite ring n pinion twice a month
Shheeèz!!!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Why would they when ppl are buying composite ring n pinion twice a month
Shheeèz!!!!!
Only those who can't set a slipper!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Its bull crap my bud lol at me all the time for prematuring blowing rin n pinion until he blew his early then he back it right off n blew another weve bought 6 in the last month between us to last hopefully the next month
Pathetic we just run in his backyard 20 by 30 tight fast track with bridge and cross over pretty fun we bought track master timing system he just had a baby so he cant get out to race so this is it lol
Old 08-29-2014, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Errokk
Sounds like it.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Errokk
Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Its bull crap my bud lol at me all the time for prematuring blowing rin n pinion until he blew his early then he back it right off n blew another weve bought 6 in the last month between us to last hopefully the next month
Pathetic we just run in his backyard 20 by 30 tight fast track with bridge and cross over pretty fun we bought track master timing system he just had a baby so he cant get out to race so this is it lol
Backed it out but did he adjust his slipper properly? Sounds like he didn't. I ran my car on loam, then on carpet, and then on clay within 5 days and with a 6.5 and my gears are working in perfect condition.

Adjust the slipper properly
Old 08-30-2014, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 172 (100%+)

has anyone tried running the rear shocks on the backside of shock tower yet?
Old 08-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwilke
has anyone tried running the rear shocks on the backside of shock tower yet?
I do it. Lot smoother on sugar tracks.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

My shorty conversation xb4
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-20140827_203420.jpg  
Old 08-30-2014, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default shorty conversation xb4

Another pic.
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB4 thread-20140827_203442.jpg  
Old 08-31-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Had my first failure on my XB4 yesterday. My only caveat is this is the first time I ran it on an outdoor track. Previously it's had two seasons on an indoor high bite clay track.

2 practice laps at the start of the A Main and I could tell something went wrong in the front end. Pulled it off the track to find the front left CVD barrel was missing. The strange thing is the plastic retainer cup was still in place and I didn't see any marks to indicate the barrel pin had pushed it's way through. The barrel and pin were MIA. My assumption is the pin sheared and allowed the barrel to just fall out. Of course I didn't have any spare barrels on hand, so my main was over Ironically I have a pack of the barrel pins on hand . . . so It's time to add the barrels to my spares list.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wease
Had my first failure on my XB4 yesterday. My only caveat is this is the first time I ran it on an outdoor track. Previously it's had two seasons on an indoor high bite clay track.

2 practice laps at the start of the A Main and I could tell something went wrong in the front end. Pulled it off the track to find the front left CVD barrel was missing. The strange thing is the plastic retainer cup was still in place and I didn't see any marks to indicate the barrel pin had pushed it's way through. The barrel and pin were MIA. My assumption is the pin sheared and allowed the barrel to just fall out. Of course I didn't have any spare barrels on hand, so my main was over Ironically I have a pack of the barrel pins on hand . . . so It's time to add the barrels to my spares list.
Do you remember the movie "Forrest Gump" ? When he was running coast to coast and some guy gave him a shirt, it was yellow and when Forrest got splashed by mud and he wiped his face off with the shirt and gave it back to the guy, the guy looked at it.... Thats when the famous line was born..... " it happens" .... if ya know what I mean That was a nice long period of reliability, kudos.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by asc6000
Do you remember the movie "Forrest Gump" ? When he was running coast to coast and some guy gave him a shirt, it was yellow and when Forrest got splashed by mud and he wiped his face off with the shirt and gave it back to the guy, the guy looked at it.... Thats when the famous line was born..... " it happens" .... if ya know what I mean That was a nice long period of reliability, kudos.
I, similarly, had my first breakage at the weekend. The car has run flawlessly outdoors all season, then I decided to race indoors on a carpet track on Saturday.

Ran it full tilt into a concrete pillar and wiped the front left side right off the car.

Smashed the wishbone, bent the hinge pin and ripped the shock cap off. It looked and sounded awful. "SMACK!" Ouch. Worst thing was I had forgotten to take any spares and mine was the only Xray there. Damn.

Jimmy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.