Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I got my hangers long time ago from Amain but haven't had the change to use them yet.. lol
Old 01-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Post car

called Rcamerica today I still have my sponsorship thank goodness b4 I order the XB4 2014 what is a "must have" parts etc any info will help prolly run a 9.5 or 8.5 ..small track
Old 01-21-2014, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I'd build it box stock and try some different springs. Also for a motor like that you may want that 78t spur they have now.

I'm currently running silver front and yellow rear TLR LF springs. You might start there and work up or down.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by seth556
I'd build it box stock and try some different springs. Also for a motor like that you may want that 78t spur they have now.

I'm currently running silver front and yellow rear TLR LF springs. You might start there and work up or down.
thanks
Old 01-23-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
called Rcamerica today I still have my sponsorship thank goodness b4 I order the XB4 2014 what is a "must have" parts etc any info will help prolly run a 9.5 or 8.5 ..small track
I was about to ask the same question on parts or options.... I have decided to pull the trigger..... No xray parts locally..... So what spares and options would be good to have ? I generally use the avid springs so I should be good there.... Do the composite gears in the diffs hold up good? And I would think arms and hinge pins ? Anybody currently driving the car wants to chime in..... Thanks guys
Old 01-23-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zixxer
I was about to ask the same question on parts or options.... I have decided to pull the trigger..... No xray parts locally..... So what spares and options would be good to have ? I generally use the avid springs so I should be good there.... Do the composite gears in the diffs hold up good? And I would think arms and hinge pins ? Anybody currently driving the car wants to chime in..... Thanks guys
the car is a tank but every now and then tanks break... LOL

I would say extra arms (in 7 months I went through 2 arms), spurs, 1 set of bevel drive and differential gears, wing mounts, maybe offset wheel hubs, maybe lower RF and RR suspension holders, and wheels

the BEVEL gears hold up very well. just remember to adjust your slipper and you'll be good.

the lower suspension holders can help you out with lower grip track conditions
Old 01-23-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have broken more bulk heads than anything else. Bulk heads and CVD pins and cups. Hard flat landing will break the rear and landing upside down and catching the front tower will break the front. None of these have been broken during normal conditions, though, usually me messing around, being dumb.

But the CVD pins.... always have spares of those, and maybe get al cups or get the durango parts.

Everything else on this car has been solid for me.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

In an emergency, the Losi SCTE pins fit perfectly.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FepDMgodVD4AIQ

Thats what I bought and pins fit perfect for the axles/barrel, not the hexes
Old 01-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I've had the lower front eccentric bearings (plastic inserts in the hinge pin holders) crack and break on me. Easy to fix, but they only sell them in complete sets. Sucks if you only need the 0 degrees.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

thanks
After another night with those springs I'm going up to AE Blue front springs. My buddy is running that and his car seems to be much easier to control in the sweepers. Mine has a tendency to traction roll and the front seems to be the problem. I also went to pink TLR springs in the rear, but depending on traction the yellow or whites might be better. I'm just now changing over to these springs and so I have a bit of a learning curve to do, but the low frequency that TLR and AE copied from Kyosho seems to work better than the Xray springs. Just more traction and confidence with the car.

So long story short, I'm now running blue ae springs on the front and pink tlr lf springs on the rear. Stock pistons, but I miss the Avid pistons I had on my old car, those felt better too. I should have those soon, and probably 37.5/30 oil.

On the spare parts I'd get some extra diff parts, wing mounts, wings, cvd barrel and pin, and some arms. I've never broken any arms and I've slammed some pipes pretty good on high speed chicanes and sweepers. The current layout at SCRC has some super speed hard to see corners and areas.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Max Flurer looked super dialed at Reedy Race running the xb4 as well as Truhe. I'm not sure where he seeded but he's definitely in the fast group. The car looks amazing. Can't wait to pick one up.

What hopups are needed for this car?
Old 01-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok I am running a 13 model with a few 14 up grades
put over 500 laps on the car last week and weekend and the car never missed a beat!
Awesome is all I can say pretty much stock set up running on clay dirt mixture moto x style track
Handles awesome smooth and consistent
the track is do for a change when we get outa this crazy cold here in Pa.
I race in Ohio at ARCS
Let some of the fast guys drive the car and they both said it was dialed and had lots of on power steering.
I have been at this a long time and have not had another racer like this one!
Very impressed great job XRAY thanks
Old 01-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

I called rcamerica talked to a xb4 driver told him to send me what u would use and parts he has.
what batteries will fit and work well roar appv going to jc race at smac going to run 7.5 or 8.5 tight track med speeds
Old 01-25-2014, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I called rcamerica talked to a xb4 driver told him to send me what u would use and parts he has.
what batteries will fit and work well roar appv going to jc race at smac going to run 7.5 or 8.5 tight track med speeds
Tight track or not I think I'd run a 7.5 in this car. I'm not someone who is good at hanging onto a hot motor but with an 8.5 the car was just a bit too tame. We run a larger indoor track and the fast guys are moving to 6.5's.

My car is a v1 so I put metal gears in the rear diff to keep it alive without issue. Other than than I caught one tube stake and broke a front arm and stripped one front pinion. The rest of the car has been super solid.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

The Orion 5500 pack works, the trak power saddle works as well that's what I run. You'll want a 7.5 at our track (SMAC) if your a mod driver. 8.5 will be smooth but if you go to larger tracks it'll be a bit to mild. The drivetrain in this car is very free so a 7.5 is a lot of motor in it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.