Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

What u see in the picture looks to be a tape of some kind or vinyl .
Old 04-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
What u see in the picture looks to be a tape of some kind or vinyl .
Definitely a wrap. You can see the overlapping sections of it. There is a guy who posted earlier in the thread that will do custom wraps. Maybe he can do something similar for you.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just thought I would lee people know that we found in testing that reducing the rear anti squat really locks the rear end in on this car on slippery tracks so if you guys are finding a general lack of rear grip try reducing it from 3 degrees to 2.5
Old 04-25-2013, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Rear grip is my problem. I own a B44.2 as well, but bought the XB4 as my next move up. But so far, for me, I havent had much luck with it. The B44.2 is so hooked up with stock settings, it is a joy to drive. Despite many attempts, the XB4, though a ROCKET, can't keep the rear planted, even on the straight. It does sound like less anti squat may help. Did you take the angle off the FR or add angle to the RR to reduce anti squat? I am not the best at setting up cars - I do rely on online setups, local racer input, etc. so your advice helps! No local racers for the XB4, though. I truly love the quality of this car so hopefully I can work out the rear end grip deal. I am blown away by its almost friction free drivetrain.

I look forward to hearing back.

Mark
Old 04-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
Definitely a wrap. You can see the overlapping sections of it. There is a guy who posted earlier in the thread that will do custom wraps. Maybe he can do something similar for you.
wraps for almost all bodies
http://rctagz.com/body_wraps.html
Old 04-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mlinder
Rear grip is my problem. I own a B44.2 as well, but bought the XB4 as my next move up. But so far, for me, I havent had much luck with it. The B44.2 is so hooked up with stock settings, it is a joy to drive. Despite many attempts, the XB4, though a ROCKET, can't keep the rear planted, even on the straight. It does sound like less anti squat may help. Did you take the angle off the FR or add angle to the RR to reduce anti squat? I am not the best at setting up cars - I do rely on online setups, local racer input, etc. so your advice helps! No local racers for the XB4, though. I truly love the quality of this car so hopefully I can work out the rear end grip deal. I am blown away by its almost friction free drivetrain.

Mark
If you lower the rf you should have more rear roll (less rotation) than if you raise the rr. You'll get the same amount of anti-squat but the arm will sit farther up (more distance from it and the bottom of the chassis) causing less roll on that end of the car, when you lower the RF bushing.

I think I got that right, but I know on my touring car if I raise up where my rear arms mount it'll roll less on the rear and I'll get more rotation and vice versa. Although it might be a pretty small change on an off road car.

Also try adding just a little bit of rear toe, last time I was at the track I tried 3.5* and it seemed to calm the car down some and make it easier to drive.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

here is my new body and also took the tekin rs out it was getting a little hotter then i would like it to and put a reventon pro in it to try tonight.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Mark
There are a couple ways to increase rear traction. Here's what I would try in order. Try them 1 at a time and see which you like best.
Lighter rear swaybar
More rear toe
Softer rear spring

Lutz nice looking ride
Old 04-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
There are a couple ways to increase rear traction. Here's what I would try in order. Try them 1 at a time and see which you like best.
Lighter rear swaybar
More rear toe
Softer rear spring

Lutz nice looking ride
Thank you
Old 04-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Mark
Mark , what track surface we talking about?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Farm,

Indoor clay, medium to high traction. I have tried the stock clay setup, followed by stiffer front sway bar, progressive springs, the 1 dot rear springs with lighter oil, front 1.6 piston with 1.7 rear pistons (like my B44.2) with thicker oil. I even took the rear sway bar off once. The rear end skates down the straights, will swing the rear end out on the sweeper, etc. barcode gold fronts, HB Beams and barcode gold rears.

It's as if the rear end is spinning so quickly it can't grip. My B44.2 handles great. Same track, same more 6.5t), geared 18/81. But boy it is fast. For sure! I even tried a 8.5t, thinking 8 needed to take it down, but same results. I'm a bit perplexed, but I know once I figure it out, it will be a keeper.

Mark
Old 04-26-2013, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I had something like that at first, but I'm on an outdoor loose hard pack surface. Went to 7/7 diffs and no rollbars
Old 04-26-2013, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi all, I raced my XB4 for the first time last weekend. Really impressed with the car, kit settings aside from the chassis flex (max flex). The track was very low grip and bumpy with an assortment of jumps. Motor was an Nosram 6.5 with a v2 in blinky mode. The car was really balanced and easy to drive.

My question is, how often are people finding they need to refill the shocks?
Old 04-26-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nerdling
Hi all, I raced my XB4 for the first time last weekend. Really impressed with the car, kit settings aside from the chassis flex (max flex). The track was very low grip and bumpy with an assortment of jumps. Motor was an Nosram 6.5 with a v2 in blinky mode. The car was really balanced and easy to drive.

My question is, how often are people finding they need to refill the shocks?
not very often, but it depends on how badly you land jumps. If you downside the jumps properly they seem to hold up pretty well. flat landing the jumps will probably push some oil out.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Farm,

Indoor clay, medium to high traction. I have tried the stock clay setup, followed by stiffer front sway bar, progressive springs, the 1 dot rear springs with lighter oil, front 1.6 piston with 1.7 rear pistons (like my B44.2) with thicker oil. I even took the rear sway bar off once. The rear end skates down the straights, will swing the rear end out on the sweeper, etc. barcode gold fronts, HB Beams and barcode gold rears.

It's as if the rear end is spinning so quickly it can't grip. My B44.2 handles great. Same track, same more 6.5t), geared 18/81. But boy it is fast. For sure! I even tried a 8.5t, thinking 8 needed to take it down, but same results. I'm a bit perplexed, but I know once I figure it out, it will be a keeper.

Mark
How much do your saddles weigh? If they are much below 290-300g you maybe should add weight to the rear. Also maybe try to move the electrics towards the rear.
And have you tried shorter rear wheelbase, so that the 2mm shim is behind the hub?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.