Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Old 12-23-2013, 06:07 PM
  #8941  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 91
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Removing sway bars may help. Try lowering the rear shock oil 2.5wt. Softer rear spring.

Try raising the rear hub ball stud from 2mm to 3mm.
i got the 3mm under the hub ball stud and i bn running 27.5 n rear shock. u think i should drop that down to 25?what about the ride height would that b a bad idea? what is the next softer spring?
Wg931 is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 07:38 PM
  #8942  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
wreckya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tx
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Been running the truck out at Mikes hobby in Dallas. Truck is pretty hooked up, its a hard packed med to loose indoor track. I have been thinking about trying the RcShox UFO pistons. Any of u guys running them in this truck on hard packed, if so how do u like em and what oil and spring combo are u using? And on what type of track? Thanks for the help.
wreckya is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 07:41 PM
  #8943  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
wreckya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tx
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Are any of u guys running the Avid triad slipper clutch assembly in this truck? What pads are u running with it and how's it working with the truck?
wreckya is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 07:57 PM
  #8944  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Kaw1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 191
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wreckya View Post
Are any of u guys running the Avid triad slipper clutch assembly in this truck? What pads are u running with it and how's it working with the truck?
I have one on my 22 buggie it is awesome...going to get one soon for my 22 sct...I just used the white pads on the buggie and they work great. Excited to hear what others say!!
Kaw1000 is offline  
Old 12-23-2013, 07:57 PM
  #8945  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Kaw1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 191
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wreckya View Post
Are any of u guys running the Avid triad slipper clutch assembly in this truck? What pads are u running with it and how's it working with the truck?
I have one on my 22 buggy it is awesome...going to get one soon for my 22 sct...I just used the white pads on the buggy and they work great. Excited to hear what others say!!
Kaw1000 is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 11:30 AM
  #8946  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (357)
 
flat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,326
Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)
Default

Trying to figure out the front suspension issue on my 22sct.

If I compress either front a arm individually or together, by hand.(from the underside while.holding the truck).. They are as smooth as can be. However, it I sit the truck on a table and attempt to push the front end down, it will at most compress an inch and there is clearly the sound of some type of binding/stress. The rear is fine.

I first thought it could be sway bar related so I removed them and its still there. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
flat6 is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 11:38 AM
  #8947  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Chr1s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: york, pa
Posts: 228
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by flat6 View Post
Trying to figure out the front suspension issue on my 22sct.

If I compress either front a arm individually or together, by hand.(from the underside while.holding the truck).. They are as smooth as can be. However, it I sit the truck on a table and attempt to push the front end down, it will at most compress an inch and there is clearly the sound of some type of binding/stress. The rear is fine.

I first thought it could be sway bar related so I removed them and its still there. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
The geometry of the front suspension is the cause of this. When the suspension compresses the wheels move in towards the centerline of the car. The "binding" is due to the tires trying to move across the surface of the table. Nothing is wrong with your car.
Chr1s is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 11:46 AM
  #8948  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (357)
 
flat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4,326
Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)
Default

Thank you. ^^^
flat6 is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 11:51 AM
  #8949  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Chr1s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: york, pa
Posts: 228
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wreckya View Post
Are any of u guys running the Avid triad slipper clutch assembly in this truck? What pads are u running with it and how's it working with the truck?
I'm running the triad. It works great. Pick up a set of the red pads. The white pads are too slippery for high traction tracks.
Chr1s is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 01:35 PM
  #8950  
Tech Master
iTrader: (58)
 
OfnaJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bristol Va
Posts: 1,576
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wreckya View Post
Are any of u guys running the Avid triad slipper clutch assembly in this truck? What pads are u running with it and how's it working with the truck?
I am. I run the 2 inside red and 1 white on the outside in mod, works great
OfnaJoe is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 02:21 PM
  #8951  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
AndrewTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 1,429
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
The geometry of the front suspension is the cause of this. When the suspension compresses the wheels move in towards the centerline of the car. The "binding" is due to the tires trying to move across the surface of the table. Nothing is wrong with your car.
+1, right on the nose.
Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
I'm running the triad. It works great. Pick up a set of the red pads. The white pads are too slippery for high traction tracks.
+1, i think the whites are PTFE, very slick. reds are a bit grippier.
Originally Posted by OfnaJoe View Post
I am. I run the 2 inside red and 1 white on the outside in mod, works great
i forget where i have mine, i think i have white against the slipper plate, white middle and red outer, running 10.5 mod. i forget how i had the slipper set up when i ran 17.5 stock.
AndrewTom is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 02:42 PM
  #8952  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (37)
 
E-Mann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

I have the RTC and want to do some upgrades. I run on an outdoor, bumpy loose dirt track. The box setup has worked well but feel the steering could be quicker and the truck tends to bounce over the some bumps rather than soak them up like my tekno sct410. I am currently running an SPC 5400 long pack battery all the way forward. This what I am thinking to improve performance.
1. Spektrum 6040 servo (stock seems too slow) with TLR AL horn. Any one use this with the dynamite esc in the RTC? Any glitching?
2. Front shocks from 27.5 to 25 oil and to green sct springs from blue
3. Rear shocks from 27.5 to 22.5 oil and to white sct springs from yellow. I see some setup sheets use buggy springs. That seems like it would be stiffer and not what I am after right?
4. 22 2.0 steering rack with hardware. This seems pretty cheap if it improves steering or at least allows for more adjustment.

Any feedback on these items? Any other 2.0 parts that could help the truck ride smoother?

Last edited by E-Mann; 12-28-2013 at 03:10 PM.
E-Mann is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 05:35 PM
  #8953  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
jg6743's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wilmington NC
Posts: 150
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Been out of the hobby for a long time, 10+ yrs. Need some advice , just ordered a 22sct was thinking about using a HS 5645mg for steering. clueless on esc and motor kind of on a budget daughter on the way. Got a couple tracks around, 1 is hard packed clay a lot of traction and the other 2 are sand and clay so they can get a little dusty.
Thanks Jason
jg6743 is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 06:50 PM
  #8954  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
AndrewTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 1,429
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by E-Mann View Post
I have the RTC and want to do some upgrades. I run on an outdoor, bumpy loose dirt track. The box setup has worked well but feel the steering could be quicker and the truck tends to bounce over the some bumps rather than soak them up like my tekno sct410. I am currently running an SPC 5400 long pack battery all the way forward. This what I am thinking to improve performance.
1. Spektrum 6040 servo (stock seems too slow) with TLR AL horn. Any one use this with the dynamite esc in the RTC? Any glitching?
2. Front shocks from 27.5 to 25 oil and to green sct springs from blue
3. Rear shocks from 27.5 to 22.5 oil and to white sct springs from yellow. I see some setup sheets use buggy springs. That seems like it would be stiffer and not what I am after right?
4. 22 2.0 steering rack with hardware. This seems pretty cheap if it improves steering or at least allows for more adjustment.

Any feedback on these items? Any other 2.0 parts that could help the truck ride smoother?
1. i dont know what the BEC amp output of the RTC esc is, but as i remember, the RTC came with a DSM2 Rx of some variation, correct? if so, you may be okay on the 6040, but i would pick up a Rx Capacitor to be safe:http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...iver-Capacitor
2 & 3. I would give 2 hole pistons a shot, the TA pistons are direct fit: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ock-Piston-Set
if you havent already, you may want to try raising the transmission 1mm, Rocket R/C parts makes some nice brass shims that should do the job well.
if you want to, try out caspers set up.
the 2.0 steering rack is a very nice and easy upgrade, i did it on my 22T and my 22SCT, and it makes a huge difference, the trucks steering is much smoother.
AndrewTom is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 07:39 PM
  #8955  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (19)
 
K22Hsct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: scottville, MI
Posts: 328
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...year&lclk=year

I'm looking for some set up help on my truck above is a link to some videos. I bought the rtc model and did upgrades. 1258tg servo, Lrp xxx tc spec with upgrade board, speed passion v3 11.done 25wt oil all the way around battery forward and green barcodes, 1mm mod done, and 1000 wt diff. My truck isn't in videos just an idea of what track is like. Super tight and seems to be a highbite track but Idk it's the only one I ever raced at.
K22Hsct is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.