Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
Removing sway bars may help. Try lowering the rear shock oil 2.5wt. Softer rear spring.

Try raising the rear hub ball stud from 2mm to 3mm.
i got the 3mm under the hub ball stud and i bn running 27.5 n rear shock. u think i should drop that down to 25?what about the ride height would that b a bad idea? what is the next softer spring?
Old 12-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Been running the truck out at Mikes hobby in Dallas. Truck is pretty hooked up, its a hard packed med to loose indoor track. I have been thinking about trying the RcShox UFO pistons. Any of u guys running them in this truck on hard packed, if so how do u like em and what oil and spring combo are u using? And on what type of track? Thanks for the help.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Are any of u guys running the Avid triad slipper clutch assembly in this truck? What pads are u running with it and how's it working with the truck?
Old 12-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wreckya
Are any of u guys running the Avid triad slipper clutch assembly in this truck? What pads are u running with it and how's it working with the truck?
I have one on my 22 buggie it is awesome...going to get one soon for my 22 sct...I just used the white pads on the buggie and they work great. Excited to hear what others say!!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have one on my 22 buggy it is awesome...going to get one soon for my 22 sct...I just used the white pads on the buggy and they work great. Excited to hear what others say!!
Old 12-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 365 (100%+)

Trying to figure out the front suspension issue on my 22sct.

If I compress either front a arm individually or together, by hand.(from the underside while.holding the truck).. They are as smooth as can be. However, it I sit the truck on a table and attempt to push the front end down, it will at most compress an inch and there is clearly the sound of some type of binding/stress. The rear is fine.

I first thought it could be sway bar related so I removed them and its still there. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flat6
Trying to figure out the front suspension issue on my 22sct.

If I compress either front a arm individually or together, by hand.(from the underside while.holding the truck).. They are as smooth as can be. However, it I sit the truck on a table and attempt to push the front end down, it will at most compress an inch and there is clearly the sound of some type of binding/stress. The rear is fine.

I first thought it could be sway bar related so I removed them and its still there. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
The geometry of the front suspension is the cause of this. When the suspension compresses the wheels move in towards the centerline of the car. The "binding" is due to the tires trying to move across the surface of the table. Nothing is wrong with your car.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 365 (100%+)

Thank you. ^^^
Old 12-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

I'm running the triad. It works great. Pick up a set of the red pads. The white pads are too slippery for high traction tracks.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I am. I run the 2 inside red and 1 white on the outside in mod, works great
Old 12-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chr1s
The geometry of the front suspension is the cause of this. When the suspension compresses the wheels move in towards the centerline of the car. The "binding" is due to the tires trying to move across the surface of the table. Nothing is wrong with your car.
+1, right on the nose.
Originally Posted by Chr1s
I'm running the triad. It works great. Pick up a set of the red pads. The white pads are too slippery for high traction tracks.
+1, i think the whites are PTFE, very slick. reds are a bit grippier.
Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
I am. I run the 2 inside red and 1 white on the outside in mod, works great
i forget where i have mine, i think i have white against the slipper plate, white middle and red outer, running 10.5 mod. i forget how i had the slipper set up when i ran 17.5 stock.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I have the RTC and want to do some upgrades. I run on an outdoor, bumpy loose dirt track. The box setup has worked well but feel the steering could be quicker and the truck tends to bounce over the some bumps rather than soak them up like my tekno sct410. I am currently running an SPC 5400 long pack battery all the way forward. This what I am thinking to improve performance.
1. Spektrum 6040 servo (stock seems too slow) with TLR AL horn. Any one use this with the dynamite esc in the RTC? Any glitching?
2. Front shocks from 27.5 to 25 oil and to green sct springs from blue
3. Rear shocks from 27.5 to 22.5 oil and to white sct springs from yellow. I see some setup sheets use buggy springs. That seems like it would be stiffer and not what I am after right?
4. 22 2.0 steering rack with hardware. This seems pretty cheap if it improves steering or at least allows for more adjustment.

Any feedback on these items? Any other 2.0 parts that could help the truck ride smoother?

Last edited by E-Mann; 12-28-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Been out of the hobby for a long time, 10+ yrs. Need some advice , just ordered a 22sct was thinking about using a HS 5645mg for steering. clueless on esc and motor kind of on a budget daughter on the way. Got a couple tracks around, 1 is hard packed clay a lot of traction and the other 2 are sand and clay so they can get a little dusty.
Thanks Jason
Old 12-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by E-Mann
I have the RTC and want to do some upgrades. I run on an outdoor, bumpy loose dirt track. The box setup has worked well but feel the steering could be quicker and the truck tends to bounce over the some bumps rather than soak them up like my tekno sct410. I am currently running an SPC 5400 long pack battery all the way forward. This what I am thinking to improve performance.
1. Spektrum 6040 servo (stock seems too slow) with TLR AL horn. Any one use this with the dynamite esc in the RTC? Any glitching?
2. Front shocks from 27.5 to 25 oil and to green sct springs from blue
3. Rear shocks from 27.5 to 22.5 oil and to white sct springs from yellow. I see some setup sheets use buggy springs. That seems like it would be stiffer and not what I am after right?
4. 22 2.0 steering rack with hardware. This seems pretty cheap if it improves steering or at least allows for more adjustment.

Any feedback on these items? Any other 2.0 parts that could help the truck ride smoother?
1. i dont know what the BEC amp output of the RTC esc is, but as i remember, the RTC came with a DSM2 Rx of some variation, correct? if so, you may be okay on the 6040, but i would pick up a Rx Capacitor to be safe:http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...iver-Capacitor
2 & 3. I would give 2 hole pistons a shot, the TA pistons are direct fit: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ock-Piston-Set
if you havent already, you may want to try raising the transmission 1mm, Rocket R/C parts makes some nice brass shims that should do the job well.
if you want to, try out caspers set up.
the 2.0 steering rack is a very nice and easy upgrade, i did it on my 22T and my 22SCT, and it makes a huge difference, the trucks steering is much smoother.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...year&lclk=year

I'm looking for some set up help on my truck above is a link to some videos. I bought the rtc model and did upgrades. 1258tg servo, Lrp xxx tc spec with upgrade board, speed passion v3 11.done 25wt oil all the way around battery forward and green barcodes, 1mm mod done, and 1000 wt diff. My truck isn't in videos just an idea of what track is like. Super tight and seems to be a highbite track but Idk it's the only one I ever raced at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.