Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motownmasher
hey thanks tommygun. that will keep me rollling.
Also if your going to rebuild your shocks I highly recommend using the x-rings and machined bushings the come on the 22 2.0
Old 12-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thercpr0
Have any of you guys had problems with the front spindles breaking? I bought the kit a few weeks ago and on one of my first practice runs, my spindle broke. Now it was NOT a big collision at all. I came onto the front strait and bumped the pipe after coming off of a jump pretty hot (slow servo lol). I though my wheel nut came off at first...but nope! Also, any upgrades for the ball diff thrust nut? I'm thinking about running gear diff but want to run ball for the Jconcepts Winter Indoor Nationals coming up. Thanks guys!

i have the aluim front spindles http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ng-Spindle-Set

ill sell for $22 shipped, does not include the king pins those are $9.95 on Amain, the kit retails for $42 on A main..they are in perfect shape. not even scratched..
Old 12-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have any of you guys had problems with the front spindles breaking? I bought the kit a few weeks ago and on one of my first practice runs, my spindle broke. Now it was NOT a big collision at all. I came onto the front strait and bumped the pipe after coming off of a jump pretty hot (slow servo lol). I though my wheel nut came off at first...but nope! Also, any upgrades for the ball diff thrust nut? I'm thinking about running gear diff but want to run ball for the Jconcepts Winter Indoor Nationals coming up. Thanks guys!
You need to get the one piece kingpin rod, see the first post in this thread.
TLR1043
Old 12-29-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hey Matt. I forgot to tell ya. I bought my son the 22sct for Xmas. We took it to jakes on Friday. He did one lap, ONE, and hit a board while going very very very slow. I'm talking blinky mode and radio turned waaaaaay down. He broke that cheap ass losi plastic steering spindle. Same exact place as yours. Right by the bearings. I'm glad I don't race losi anymore.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Battery strap / esc mount

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
PM sent...me wants
In the Mail Monday morning! Hope you like it....
Old 12-30-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Alright TLR guys, I heard Saturday at a race I went to that some were trying to run the 2.0 buggy front arms on the SCT along with the other 2.0 front parts, then using wider hexes and/or wider offset wheels to bring the width back out.....how about it, any of you crazy experimental guys try this?
Old 12-30-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIGMAN
Alright TLR guys, I heard Saturday at a race I went to that some were trying to run the 2.0 buggy front arms on the SCT along with the other 2.0 front parts, then using wider hexes and/or wider offset wheels to bring the width back out.....how about it, any of you crazy experimental guys try this?
That's what I need, Buggy front arms to go with my Truck rear arms. Poor SCT wont know what it is...
Old 12-30-2013, 05:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
That's what I need, Buggy front arms to go with my Truck rear arms. Poor SCT wont know what it is...
I hear ya Joe, I am fixing to do the rear arm thing, I got 22sct front arm/spindles/castor blocks on my 22T now, I'm not thinking the front 2.0 arm will be a good thing, just what I heard some are trying but I haven't seen that posted anywhere yet. I'm just curious if it's actually being tried.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Broke my spindle less than 20 minutes into my first run. Only thing on the shelf was aluminum spindles. Damn, those aluminum spindles are expensive! But I have had no more problems. And I still can't get over how much power I have with this dynamite set up. I ran down an sc10 with Tekin gen 2 last night in a long straight. I did have it in timing mode however. His car is considered fast by most people at our track. Impressed enough to put my tekin on ebay...
Old 12-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Here is Casper's set-up for the new 2.0 upgrades. He even used the buggy set-up sheet which shows the buggy arms. Yes, it was me who had asked Wigman if he'd heard of anyone using these arms. So, Casper can you help me with this, it's on the first page parts list and I purchased the arms. Should I put them on the 2.0 conversion? or use the stock arms?

http://www.casper-rc.com/images/Casp...011-8-2013.pdf
Old 12-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I just can't believe you guys are running 24mm ride height. That's crazy. I'm at 28/29
Old 12-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bliss13
Broke my spindle less than 20 minutes into my first run. Only thing on the shelf was aluminum spindles. Damn, those aluminum spindles are expensive! But I have had no more problems. And I still can't get over how much power I have with this dynamite set up. I ran down an sc10 with Tekin gen 2 last night in a long straight. I did have it in timing mode however. His car is considered fast by most people at our track. Impressed enough to put my tekin on ebay...
What dynamite setup are you running? I have the dynamite 8.5 combo in mine.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tipperjackson
Here is Casper's set-up for the new 2.0 upgrades. He even used the buggy set-up sheet which shows the buggy arms. Yes, it was me who had asked Wigman if he'd heard of anyone using these arms. So, Casper can you help me with this, it's on the first page parts list and I purchased the arms. Should I put them on the 2.0 conversion? or use the stock arms?

ummmmm that is his setup for the 22 2.0 buggy
Old 12-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tipperjackson

That is his mid motor setup for buggy
Old 12-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

LOL! What gave it away? 24mm ride height or which wicker bill line to cut at on the wing. I have seen(have not tried yet) people running 2.0 spindles on stock arms and stock 4mm trailing spindles to get the front wider and more stable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.