Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 09:18 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Thumbs up

First night out racing the new 22 SC after building it Monday night and all that I can say is I'm impressed.

Casper I actually ran very close to your setup to start with when I built the truck as I tried your XXX SCT setup in the past and knew it would be pretty close to feeling the way I want my truck to feel and sure enough it had me in the ball part from the very first battery. Couldn't get the grin off my face all night long. I didn't add the weight yet to the truck but will do so this weekend. Friday I'm off work so will be making some small changes. Also want to try 2A rear camberlink vs the 2B. I always liked the A position on the rear hubs on my XXX SC much better than the B so thought I will try it on this truck.

Only changes is I didn't have the sway bars yet (be in the shop today) and ran 28mm ride height and it was pretty dialed on our medium traction clay track that has some tight turning areas. The truck was feeling so good to me I started over driving because it was forgiving. Overall the truck worked great for me and can't wait to actually put some time on it and dial it in a little more.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
First night out racing the new 22 SC after building it Monday night and all that I can say is I'm impressed.

Casper I actually ran very close to your setup to start with when I built the truck as I tried your XXX SCT setup in the past and knew it would be pretty close to feeling the way I want my truck to feel and sure enough it had me in the ball part from the very first battery. Couldn't get the grin off my face all night long. I didn't add the weight yet to the truck but will do so this weekend. Friday I'm off work so will be making some small changes. Also want to try 2A rear camberlink vs the 2B. I always liked the A position on the rear hubs on my XXX SC much better than the B so thought I will try it on this truck.

Only changes is I didn't have the sway bars yet (be in the shop today) and ran 28mm ride height and it was pretty dialed on our medium traction clay track that has some tight turning areas. The truck was feeling so good to me I started over driving because it was forgiving. Overall the truck worked great for me and can't wait to actually put some time on it and dial it in a little more.
Awesome. Try the "D" hole before you go all the way to A. A lot of guys switch between B and D for the 22 series. Just a though to keep in mind.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Casper
Awesome. Try the "D" hole before you go all the way to A. A lot of guys switch between B and D for the 22 series. Just a though to keep in mind.
I will certainly try that. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Raised tranny helps on power on exit.

I would try stand the shocks up some more in the front. Go out a hole on the tower. Sway bars will help as well they will reduce side to side body roll and keep the truck from dumping over in high speed corners. Some weight in the rear may help as well to help plant it some. We are finding extra weight helps with forward traction as well.
Thanks for the tips Casper! I am trying to visualise and understand how making the above changes will help so I can be more self sufficient with setup in future. I did some reading to figure out what these chanegs will do. Correct me if I have this wrong.

Stand up front shock: from JQ setup guide - This will provide more steering into the corner and the trucks steering will be more responsive. Is this to push more weight onto the outside rear quicker to generate more grip therefore stopping it dumping? This change kinda confuses me.....happy to test it though and see what it does.

Sway bars: I get the basic concept of sway bars - they stop body roll. However should I only use a front sway bar or both? I am thinking I need both. If I was only to add the front, it would push more weight onto the outside rear causing it to grip initially then suddenly break traction and spin which is what is happening now.

BTW: My 22T is hauling thanks. Just need to get my 22sct getting around the sweeper and it will be hauling too!
Old 11-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd

Welcome back
Old 11-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by TMS-99
Thanks for the tips Casper! I am trying to visualise and understand how making the above changes will help so I can be more self sufficient with setup in future. I did some reading to figure out what these chanegs will do. Correct me if I have this wrong.

Stand up front shock: from JQ setup guide - This will provide more steering into the corner and the trucks steering will be more responsive. Is this to push more weight onto the outside rear quicker to generate more grip therefore stopping it dumping? This change kinda confuses me.....happy to test it though and see what it does.

Sway bars: I get the basic concept of sway bars - they stop body roll. However should I only use a front sway bar or both? I am thinking I need both. If I was only to add the front, it would push more weight onto the outside rear causing it to grip initially then suddenly break traction and spin which is what is happening now.

BTW: My 22T is hauling thanks. Just need to get my 22sct getting around the sweeper and it will be hauling too!
JQ guide is for 4wd and 4wd and 2wd don't always react the same due to the front tires pulling. I found standing the front shocks up help in stability in high speed sweepers. Laying them down make the front end a little more agressive in high speed on my 2wd cars. (top moves)

Swaybars will take away traction from the end you apply them in general but with these top heavy SCT's they will also reduce exessive body roll side to side so you don't need to run as stiff a spring. The truck will stay flatter through the turn and not blow through the shock travel a quick into a high speed turn.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

JQ guide is for 4wd and 4wd and 2wd don't always react the same due to the front tires pulling. I found standing the front shocks up help in stability in high speed sweepers. Laying them down make the front end a little more agressive in high speed on my 2wd cars. (top moves)

Swaybars will take away traction from the end you apply them in general but with these top heavy SCT's they will also reduce exessive body roll side to side so you don't need to run as stiff a spring. The truck will stay flatter through the turn and not blow through the shock travel a quick into a high speed turn.
Thanks. I will let you know how it goes next Tuesday night.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:24 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by goehm
Welcome back
Its awesome. Now will be ordering a 22 buggy really soon.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. May you have a great meal and spend a lot of great time with family and friends this holiday!
Old 11-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey, does anybody have a good setup for indoor clay? Or, what are a couple little things like putting weights anywhere that anybody has done to pull faster laps? I'm running a close to stock setup right now.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damian VanRiper
Hey, does anybody have a good setup for indoor clay? Or, what are a couple little things like putting weights anywhere that anybody has done to pull faster laps? I'm running a close to stock setup right now.
Page 1
Old 11-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damian VanRiper
1.5 oz behind the battery. .5 oz behind the servo. Definitely evens out the handling of the truck.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (96%+)
Default Steering

So I got my new sct ready and there is very little steering radio is set right but the wheels only turn about 50% any ideas
Old 11-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default Huh!!!

Originally Posted by fstnv1
So I got my new sct ready and there is very little steering radio is set right but the wheels only turn about 50% any ideas
fstnv1: Huh that is wierd. Mine turns on a dime. I'm using the Traxxas captured ball cups tho.

The only problem mine is having is it is lifting the rear wheel on the oppisite side that I'm turning too.....
Old 11-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fstnv1
Dual rate is turned all the way up and end points are adjusted out to at least 100%?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.