Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Hobbies Ect.

Ok im back to do what i said i was going to do. I checked my email this morning, and sure enough there was a conformation notice that my card was denied. I called and spoke to Kurt. I told him what i did and why i did it. He said no big deal.....then i felt like a big arse! I appoligized up and down! And by the way...Kurt...super nice person to deal with! Losi 57 and lonslo...you guys are right a 110% Hobbies Etc. is totaly legit. I placed a big order with Kurt today...i will truly be a customer for life!! Thanks Losi57 and lonslo for giving me the good words! I would also like to appologize to any one i spooked from doing business with Hobbies Etc. And to anyone else that was concerned. To every one of you guys that read this...they have a HUGE selection and inventory...check it out. Like i was saying...super nice people to deal with. And finally...thanks to all you guys for the awesome knowledge and support you give! Jimmy:
Old 10-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hot Racing sway bars

Got to try out the HR sways tonight.A definate plus.Seems like these were the only thing missing from my truck to make it hooked.Stays nice and square through the s turn we have.I would consider the sways whether there from Hot Racing or Losi a must have for this truck.Now i didnt get to play with the shock oils.I had 30 weight all around.But figured id give you guys a heads up.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Try thinking with your dipstick next time. JIMMI...
Old 10-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Haha no problem jimmy. We are just here to help each other that's what the forums are for. I really like hobbyetc it's a pretty cool shop. A big selection at great prices. Hope to see you at a track soon. I race at rc excitement,madness,and Maximus in York me
Old 10-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Try thinking with your dipstick next time. JIMMI...
LMAO!!!! You know ive been told that one a bunch of times!!! Still its funny as hell!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Talking Thanks lonslo

Originally Posted by lonslo
Haha no problem jimmy. We are just here to help each other that's what the forums are for. I really like hobbyetc it's a pretty cool shop. A big selection at great prices. Hope to see you at a track soon. I race at rc excitement,madness,and Maximus in York me
Thanks man! Next time you see Kurt...let him know youre one of the guys that gave the good word....Losi57 too! Madness is my LHS. I only live about 35 minutes from there. Hope to see you there as well. Im allmost finished with my builds. Once again, thanks a bunch...Jimmy
Old 10-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm running a 17.5 on a medium bite blue groove track, does anyone have a gearing/ timing starting point? Straight is about 90 feet and its a relatively open track. I'm using a trinity d3.5.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
I'm running a 17.5 on a medium bite blue groove track, does anyone have a gearing/ timing starting point? Straight is about 90 feet and its a relatively open track. I'm using a trinity d3.5.
What rotor is in it?
Old 10-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by easye
What rotor is in it?
Stock. I killed my thunder power tonight and have to get a motor running tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Hands down d3.5 with ht rotor "magzilla" geared 26/84 fast and after 6min main was 95deg
Yeah nobody around here has been running the Trinity that I know of. I'd love to see one in person though.
Originally Posted by rc gmen
hey does anyone know a good setup for the 22sct in a mod class?
Page 1 near the bottom of the first post is the Ryan Dunford Setup if you run Clay or try the Shootout setup if you run Dirt.
Originally Posted by theproffesor
So I guess nothing has changed since the brushed stock days. I though the new stock.class was curly even between motors. guess its back to who can afford the most motor parts and has time to test them all. looks like mod is actually the class to race again to try and actually keep things equal. I guess I just thought it should be the other way around
Honestly, I think it really comes down to driving. I've seen quite a few people run Stock motor trucks put the smack down on Mod guys because they're much better drivers. I think that stock motors have gotten so good that it mostly comes down to driving ability and gearing ability to get the most out of your motor for your particular layout.
Originally Posted by drt_racer5
I think 17.5 racing is the best it has ever been. I have schuur speed motors in my cars and reedies and a d3.5 in the box. I can turn the same lap times with all of them. The reason i run the schuur speeds is because of the Ron (the Owner) He is so helpfull and always has time to take my call or answer my emails. So if you can win races in your area it wont make a difference which motor you get.
Agreed!
Originally Posted by Jimmy Lauri
Ok im back to do what i said i was going to do. I checked my email this morning, and sure enough there was a conformation notice that my card was denied. I called and spoke to Kurt. I told him what i did and why i did it. He said no big deal.....then i felt like a big arse! I appoligized up and down! And by the way...Kurt...super nice person to deal with! Losi 57 and lonslo...you guys are right a 110% Hobbies Etc. is totaly legit. I placed a big order with Kurt today...i will truly be a customer for life!! Thanks Losi57 and lonslo for giving me the good words! I would also like to appologize to any one i spooked from doing business with Hobbies Etc. And to anyone else that was concerned. To every one of you guys that read this...they have a HUGE selection and inventory...check it out. Like i was saying...super nice people to deal with. And finally...thanks to all you guys for the awesome knowledge and support you give! Jimmy:
I have to say Jimmy, you're a real stand-up guy for this. Good on ya! BTW, I put the Hot-Racing swaybars on the first page in the Aftermarket Upgrades section for anyone that's interested.
Originally Posted by Losi57
Got to try out the HR sways tonight.A definate plus.Seems like these were the only thing missing from my truck to make it hooked.Stays nice and square through the s turn we have.I would consider the sways whether there from Hot Racing or Losi a must have for this truck.Now i didnt get to play with the shock oils.I had 30 weight all around.But figured id give you guys a heads up.
Good to hear! I can't wait to get some sway bars on my truck.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

has anyone tried running the castle SCT system in a 2wd? I think the 4pole would be too much torque for a 2wd and would mess the diff up.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dougoilman661
has anyone tried running the castle SCT system in a 2wd? I think the 4pole would be too much torque for a 2wd and would mess the diff up.
I put one of the castle 3800 4 poles in a 22T and it was WAY too much power to deal with. I could not keep the front wheels on the ground. Too powerful to drive, find something slower (Did I actually just say that?).
Old 10-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I snapped my diff bolt too

Just didn't seem like the diff was getting tight enough in the truck.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by travymoto11
I snapped my diff bolt too

Just didn't seem like the diff was getting tight enough in the truck.
Use the associated one..the one for the SC10..
Old 10-19-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What rotor is in it?
12.5 for the HT rotor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.