SC10 Thread Part 2 >

SC10 Thread Part 2

Like Tree13Likes

SC10 Thread Part 2

Old 01-20-2020, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rustyus View Post
So, parts are drying up fast. The good stuff is gone, unless you want to pay dearly to have an essential part shipped/imported from different parts of the world. I am currently trying to extend the life of parts that I have for my SC10s. Finally got around to replacing a few dogbone pins on my CVA/CVDs.

I was going to go with a RC specific tool for removing 2.5mm pins, but was told, by the company, there was a greater risk of breaking the tool while trying to use it on T4/B4/SC10 3/32 (2.38mm) pins. I opted to use a lower cost motorcycle chain breaker for my first go around at removing pin. Worked real well. After receiving the chain breaker in the mail, and setting it up,I was able to press a worn out pin through the ball of the dogbone within 30 seconds.

Putting new pin in...I took a different approach. I placed the dogbone on top of 5/32 (or 4mm) socket, and used a hammer to tap new pin in.

nice fine on the pins give an update there life span please.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Nice! Would you mind sharing what specific tool that is?

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rmpsocal View Post
Nice! Would you mind sharing what specific tool that is?

Thanks.
my guess is one for a dirt bike chain. I have tried a bicycle one just did not cut it a long time ago. Than I just hit an impulsive buy for the Hudy but have only used it for 1/8 scale.
Rmpsocal likes this.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just had to try a $16 no-name chain tool before I go out and spent $80 on a RC specific pin removal tool and extra push pins. https://www.ebay.com/itm/13-pc-Bike-...53.m2749.l2649

LOL. After receiving the chain breaker tool, and no instructions on how to use it, I started searching for the tool and came up with this article showing a similar tool...AUTOMODELISME - PetitRC.com - Replace CVD Pins
Rmpsocal likes this.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rustyus View Post
I just had to try a $16 no-name chain tool before I go out and spent $80 on a RC specific pin removal tool and extra push pins. https://www.ebay.com/itm/13-pc-Bike-...53.m2749.l2649

LOL. After receiving the chain breaker tool, and no instructions on how to use it, I started searching for the tool and came up with this article showing a similar tool...AUTOMODELISME - PetitRC.com - Replace CVD Pins
I would just keep using the chain tool if it work effectively no need to change it.