Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree24Likes

SC10 Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For anyone curious / looking to run these trucks on carpet, I found a front sway bar that fits, in my opinion, better than the Slash front bar. I picked up the TLR 22 SCT 3.0 kit and installed it. Only required two slots and two screw holes in the front brace, and drilling holes in the front RPM control arms. For carpet, when paired with the SC10 rear sway bar kit, it made a big difference in traction rolling for me.

If there is interest, I can get some pics.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:18 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Thanks for the good tips.
FastGT94 likes this.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

I'd like to take a look at the sway bar install, 'cause the JConcepts ones can't be found anymore.
FastGT94 likes this.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Should I invest in the SC10.2 platform for racing?

How much money should I put into a rear drive setup? Will the mid motor trucks make it not fun to race against them? I have 3 SC10.2 trucks one for each of my boys. I want us to be on the same platform so we can swap parts and such. Do I keep investing in the SC10.2 trucks or start saving for 3 mid motor trucks?

a1 likes this.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:13 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masoncwright
How much money should I put into a rear drive setup? Will the mid motor trucks make it not fun to race against them? I have 3 SC10.2 trucks one for each of my boys. I want us to be on the same platform so we can swap parts and such. Do I keep investing in the SC10.2 trucks or start saving for 3 mid motor trucks?
good question. I have a sc10 that I ran on a hard packed dusty to blue groove track. I liked the sc10 but wanted to see what I was missing with the midmotor guys if anything. I found , for myself, that it did better all around. I recently switched to a sc6.1 and again I am finding it even better, that sc5m and sc10. for me. I believe for a loose track most recommend a rear motor. Yet, the sc6.1 seems to work better on my track where at times when watered is slippery wet.
I dont think I answered your question but I dont even think of my sc10 anymore,lol.

If you are racing in the backyard then sc10 with rpm upgrades for sure.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rustyus
I'd like to take a look at the sway bar install, 'cause the JConcepts ones can't be found anymore.
OK I'll take a few pics next time I'm out at the track.

Originally Posted by a1
good question. I have a sc10 that I ran on a hard packed dusty to blue groove track. I liked the sc10 but wanted to see what I was missing with the midmotor guys if anything. I found , for myself, that it did better all around. I recently switched to a sc6.1 and again I am finding it even better, that sc5m and sc10. for me. I believe for a loose track most recommend a rear motor. Yet, the sc6.1 seems to work better on my track where at times when watered is slippery wet.
I dont think I answered your question but I dont even think of my sc10 anymore,lol.

If you are racing in the backyard then sc10 with rpm upgrades for sure.
I'd have to agree. I've upgraded my springs, shocks, tires, wheels, changed diff fluid, front/rear sway bars, and relocated my electronics and it still just gets flat out out handled by the newer trucks on carpet. The mid engine ones just are able to setup lower to the ground and handle high traction better. (Still haven't upgraded my ESC/Motor though)

I have yet to take mine on clay but from what I've been hearing I think I'll actually have a shot of being competitive.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for the advice. I will not start dumping money into the 3 trucks. I have never raced only practiced so I will race these for a bit until I get some races under my belt and need the next level.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Should I use a Ballast on 2wd rear SC10.2 - Clay High Traction

Should I use a Ballast on 2wd rear motor SC10.2 - Clay High Traction? I have heard that on high traction you want more weight up front. I thought about moving the battery to the front most position and removing the rear Ballast then adding a flat weight to the top of the servo. Does this sound like a good plan? Not sure how many people race with the rear ballast.

Thanks,
Old 08-16-2018, 07:19 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Should I use a Ballast on 2wd rear motor SC10.2 - Clay High Traction? I have heard that on high traction you want more weight up front. I thought about moving the battery to the front most position and removing the rear Ballast then adding a flat weight to the top of the servo. Does this sound like a good plan? Not sure how many people race with the rear ballast.

Thanks,
if you dont get a answer check sites like petitrc or associated also. With the truck bring around awhile there are tons of set ups you can look at to get a better idea of which way to go. I would think moving battery forward would be a good start.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by a1
if you dont get a answer check sites like petitrc or associated also. With the truck bring around awhile there are tons of set ups you can look at to get a better idea of which way to go. I would think moving battery forward would be a good start.
I agree for clay, not so much for carpet lol
Old 08-20-2018, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Thanks,
Using the ballast weight is a tuning option, but it is almost always used in setups that I've seen. Depending on the track's bumpiness, additional weight may be needed to smooth out the ride. I haven't raced on hard packed clay in years, but my backyard track is a rough riders joy. My SC10, running the FT ballast weight, is night/day with 3.75 oz 3 oz. additional weight added to it. I'm in the process of adding weight to my SC10.2 to try and get it to feel like my smoother handling SC10FT with non big-bore shocks.

If I was running a 17.5T motor, then I'd be looking to dump all the extra weight that I had, and work with suspension tuning.
masoncwright likes this.

Last edited by rustyus; 08-20-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FastGT94
For anyone curious / looking to run these trucks on carpet, I found a front sway bar that fits, in my opinion, better than the Slash front bar. I picked up the TLR 22 SCT 3.0 kit and installed it. Only required two slots and two screw holes in the front brace, and drilling holes in the front RPM control arms. For carpet, when paired with the SC10 rear sway bar kit, it made a big difference in traction rolling for me.

If there is interest, I can get some pics.
here are some shots of the kit installed. Using thickest bars front and rear

Old 08-24-2018, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

About $300
https://www.liverc.com/news/special_...actory_SCX-61/
Old 09-03-2018, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a pro sc10 rtr and this thing jumps nose up so bad, is the only way to get it to jump is to add weight?
Old 09-03-2018, 09:36 AM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by reddishdsb
I have a pro sc10 rtr and this thing jumps nose up so bad, is the only way to get it to jump is to add weight?
front end suspension could be to stiff. Adding anti squat will help keep the nose down , if you can use it. Also nothing helps more than not keeping your finger on full throttle off a jump.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.