Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 03:14 PM
  #1306  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,154
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by patxeik View Post
ĘDanny why plastick knuckles in the front? thats a pro kit and i think it deserves it. It is nearly a c-hub sistem like kyosho and all the pro cars that i ve seen with this sistems include a cnc knuckel!!
I love the car but it is 549 dollar car so i assume that will be reasonabe to wear cnc knuckles like the hobaos, hong nor, associated,.... that are in the same range price
Nothing but my opinion, imput & 2 cents here, But I actually like that they did not add more weight to the car than necessary in really any Non-performance improving area, like the front knuckles....

Besides, IME, nearly every FRONT CNC'd aluminum set of (hi dollar) knuckles i've ever had have tweaked slightly at one time or another (sometimes from not even too hard of a wreck)... and as mentioned, it's an item that's adds zero performance gain, adds some weight.... and at least with the plastic, they don't tweak... They will just (very very rarely break outright)....

IMO, the companies that include CNC'd front knuckles (or sell them aftermarket) is purely for the bling factor... No gains to be had there.......

Joe
Joe B is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 05:00 PM
  #1307  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,181
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by patxeik View Post
ĘDanny why plastick knuckles in the front? thats a pro kit and i think it deserves it. It is nearly a c-hub sistem like kyosho and all the pro cars that i ve seen with this sistems include a cnc knuckel!!
I love the car but it is 549 dollar car so i assume that will be reasonabe to wear cnc knuckles like the hobaos, hong nor, associated,.... that are in the same range price
Hobao? Hong Nor? Not sure if those are cars that form a good comparison (never seen one at my track or any other I have raced at this year). The Associated? A very heavy car out of the box and requires a lot of work to make it handle well.

Xray, Losi, Mugen, Serpent (to name a few) come with plastic steering blocks and they are all of comparable price. My Kyosho has aluminum steering blocks but it better for a 900 dollar car.

They add weight and don't serve as a performance advantage. Plus they would drive the cost of the kit up.

-Kane
Kane-o is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 05:01 PM
  #1308  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (13)
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,867
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

The Serpent doesnt come with aluminum knuckles nor do any of the kits i have seen locally. I havent seen all of the top kits but the ones i have seen dont use aluminum knuckles. Kyosho may but you are talking a car that cost alot more. Plus as stated, i wouldnt run aluminum knuckles on the car anyway. That is an area where a little flex and forgiveness goes a long way with the wallet and wrench time of changing out broken arms.
protc3 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:18 PM
  #1309  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 22
Default

Originally Posted by teknorc View Post
...I don't mind anyone posting their thoughts and concerns here, just know that we're here to help...
Hello,


sorry to bother this thread, but I see you posting on this forum and it reminds me that I bought items from your shop for a while now and I didn't receive them, without any answer from you. As you claim you give an answer to everybody at least here, I'd like to solve it.

Cheers
Redondo is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:52 PM
  #1310  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Ok so putting the front camber links together and as Im doing it, I notice it says 23.60mm between the two links. If I do this I basically have to twist them so far together Im not sure they will even make 23.6...

Is this correct?
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:10 PM
  #1311  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: spain
Posts: 249
Default

Originally Posted by Redondo View Post
Hello,


sorry to bother this thread, but I see you posting on this forum and it reminds me that I bought items from your shop for a while now and I didn't receive them, without any answer from you. As you claim you give an answer to everybody at least here, I'd like to solve it.

Cheers
i had a similar issue with daniel several years ago, and he sent me the right part and let me keep the wrong part he sent me with no cost added, and i think it was my first order in his shop and overseas order. So no complains about that, and sure he will take care of it if you can demostrate it.
Also know that tekno will do his best to keep this car updated if something goes wrong and at a low cost for the customers.
Im not join the ship right now but will do it in the next months for sure.

I agree with you about losis, xray, durango,...... front knuckles, all of them made of plastic but they are quite similar and at least in my xray the knuckles were so beefy. The tekno looks that they have the same knuckels designs as the kyosho but in plastic, and that looks fragile.... at least in the pic i saw above of the building.

If they work and dont break easily i dont really care. I havent break any of the cnc of my nexx8 or x1 cr.
patxeik is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 10:04 PM
  #1312  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (22)
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
Seriously? You thought you were cool!!?? Where the heck did that come from? LOL
I think if I ever convert to electric 1/8, this is the way to go. Looks like a well built machine. I guess my only concern is the nylon/plastic spur gear and massive torque electric motors. But Techno has alot more experience at it than I do,lol
LoL What the heck are you doing in here. You want one to?
UN4RACING is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 10:38 PM
  #1313  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
ZERTA RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,236
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974 View Post
Ok so putting the front camber links together and as Im doing it, I notice it says 23.60mm between the two links. If I do this I basically have to twist them so far together Im not sure they will even make 23.6...

Is this correct?
They will make it... I just built mine to the 23.6 spec and they work just fine.
-Thomas
ZERTA RACING is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 10:45 PM
  #1314  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
ZERTA RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,236
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by patxeik View Post
i had a similar issue with daniel several years ago, and he sent me the right part and let me keep the wrong part he sent me with no cost added, and i think it was my first order in his shop and overseas order. So no complains about that, and sure he will take care of it if you can demostrate it.
Also know that tekno will do his best to keep this car updated if something goes wrong and at a low cost for the customers.
Im not join the ship right now but will do it in the next months for sure.

I agree with you about losis, xray, durango,...... front knuckles, all of them made of plastic but they are quite similar and at least in my xray the knuckles were so beefy. The tekno looks that they have the same knuckels designs as the kyosho but in plastic, and that looks fragile.... at least in the pic i saw above of the building.

If they work and dont break easily i dont really care. I havent break any of the cnc of my nexx8 or x1 cr.

Hello,
Your concern about the knuckle is understandable, but let me assure you that they are very, very strong. I tested the car for 6 months and never broke a knuckle or even C-hub for that matter. The thing about plastic is on hard impact it provides give to a certain extent then breaks, whereas aluminum bends or snaps(not good and more costly to replace). A little later I will be posting up more pictures of the build for people interested.
ZERTA RACING is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 10:58 PM
  #1315  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

The steering is locking up far right and left, how far should it turn left and right?

http://youtu.be/iYpsA9wzU8A

Heres a video, not the best, camera phone and not great lighting.

Pleaes tell me if its supposed to do this.

EDIT: ANOTHER PROBLEM! Gah Im just putting this thing together wrong or something. Now the spur gear is catching on the top plate. I need to know if I need to fix either of these things.

Is it ok to grind away some of the top plate?

Last edited by Ironwolf1974; 08-11-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 10:59 PM
  #1316  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING View Post
They will make it... I just built mine to the 23.6 spec and they work just fine.
-Thomas
Yep thanks! Took some work but got them.
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 11:55 PM
  #1317  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
ZERTA RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,236
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974 View Post
The steering is locking up far right and left, how far should it turn left and right?

http://youtu.be/iYpsA9wzU8A

Heres a video, not the best, camera phone and not great lighting.

Pleaes tell me if its supposed to do this.

EDIT: ANOTHER PROBLEM! Gah Im just putting this thing together wrong or something. Now the spur gear is catching on the top plate. I need to know if I need to fix either of these things.

Is it ok to grind away some of the top plate?

The steering issue is fine if you look at the knuckle you can see a little mark on it, if you choose you can take a hobby knife and trim it down to make it not rub anymore or just leave it and it will break itself in and make a groove in the plastic and won't bind anymore. The problem is the M4x18 is about a mm to long so the spindle touches it causing the binding.

Before making the groove with hobby knife:


After making the groove and no more binding:


For the top plate make sure it is in the correct orientation a picture would help as far as what is wrong.


EDIT: The spur gear is a little warped causing the gear to touch slightly.
EDIT EDIT: Once the center diff was installed on the chassis the rubbing went away.

Last edited by ZERTA RACING; 08-12-2012 at 12:29 AM.
ZERTA RACING is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 12:39 AM
  #1318  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
ZERTA RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,236
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

More of my Buggy build.
Bag J...

Bag K...


Bag L...
ZERTA RACING is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 12:54 AM
  #1319  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

First I have to say, THE SMOOTHEST SHOCKS IVE EVER BUILT!!!! OMFG.

Anyway, I totally got a Tekno lusty love man love (no gay) thing going on right now.

But the spur gear rubs the top plate when I mount it on the chassis. The front of the top of the spur gear hits the edge of the top plate. Ill take a picture of it once I finish the rear shocks.
Ironwolf1974 is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 01:11 AM
  #1320  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
ZERTA RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,236
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974 View Post
First I have to say, THE SMOOTHEST SHOCKS IVE EVER BUILT!!!! OMFG.

Anyway, I totally got a Tekno lusty love man love (no gay) thing going on right now.

But the spur gear rubs the top plate when I mount it on the chassis. The front of the top of the spur gear hits the edge of the top plate. Ill take a picture of it once I finish the rear shocks.
Wait till you get it on the track and see how awesome the shocks perform it is butter smooth even on the roughest of tracks.

Think i might wait till tomorrow to build the shocks and finish the build pretty tired and my GF is looking at me funny LOL.
ZERTA RACING is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.