Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC EB48 Thread >

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Like Tree2Likes

Tekno RC EB48 Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

If it's just coned washers causing the problems we will be fine after a break in. Compared to the issues the SCTE diffs had last year this is nothing. I started a business based on those diffs.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc View Post
We can send you one if needed. However we have been looking into this for the last couple hours. There are a few local racers who put their cars together and a couple reported the center diffs being tight, but not locked. Others had no issues at all which is strange.

So there is a component in the diffs that is not consistent from part to part. We have narrowed it down to the big shim under the bevel gear (TKR5145 - 6x17x.3mm shim). We looked at a few of them (new) and noticed some are warped (coned up or down). Others are flatter. We then looked at the same shim from a heavily used (smooth) center diff and it was totally flat. That inconsistency in the shim is pushing the bevel gear into the diff mesh causing the irregularity.

One of the center diffs at the track was pretty tight - not smooth, but after breaking it in for 30 seconds, it made a huge difference and was waaaay smoother. The short break in time flattens the shim out and the irregularity went away. Their car is good to go and they are racing tonight .

NOTE: This seems to only affect the center diff, which makes sense as the plastic gears can distort and warp (they all do). For what it's worth, we put one of the steel spurs on one of the production center diffs and the diff felt normal.

Ironwolf, PM me your phone number (or email us at [email protected]) and we can see if we can work through a solution. We'll send out whatever parts you need to make sure the car operates as intended.

We expected to have some issues, but the diffs weren't one of them . We tested this car for almost a year but it seems the production diff parts are just a little different.

We are confident that after the center diffs are broken in and used that they will be smooth.

Let's all help each other get the information out and work together. I hope everybody knows that we are on this like flies on $#!+. If anyone else is having issues after breaking in the center diff, please let us know.

Thanks.
I got it, the part I was looking at, which is not the part you said to move around and the one you said not to use.

The TKR5146 shims are the ones I put in, and the TKR1222 are the ones I was trying to leave out lol.

So total idiot me put it together without the 5146s and it is grindy but will be fine once broken in.

Continueing with build lol.

upload pictures
Old 08-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ironwolf1974 View Post
I got it, the part I was looking at, which is not the part you said to move around and the one you said not to use.

The TKR5146 shims are the ones I put in, and the TKR1222 are the ones I was trying to leave out lol.

So total idiot me put it together without the 5146s and it is grindy but will be fine once broken in.

Continueing with build lol.

upload pictures
Great, you had us worried
Old 08-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.socal-rc.com/forum/showth...t=4889&page=22

Check out this build documentary of the EB-48 from another forum. I'm very impressed with the parts quality and I have yet to see it in person.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any word when the metal spur gear will be available? Or will it be ok to use the stock one with the Traktion Drive / Elektri-Clutch?
Old 08-11-2012, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Bag J for me right now. Need a 5 minute break. Then back to a hobby we chose.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Oh come on, why cant you include a tool to fit the turnbuckles?! All the other kits Ive bought had at least a small tool to fit them. Now I cant find one in my toolbox, and Im jacked.

Ok so I think my left rear drive shaft is warped, it looks like it wobbles when I rotate the wheels. Is there a way that I could have screwed up that drive shaft?

Last edited by Ironwolf1974; 08-11-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Bag M now which is the shocks, I got tot go to bed and continue tomorrow. I have all the diff on the chassis now and the thing is smooth. Assembly went well for now.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Oh come on, why cant you include a tool to fit the turnbuckles?! All the other kits Ive bought had at least a small tool to fit them. Now I cant find one in my toolbox, and Im jacked.

Ok so I think my left rear drive shaft is warped, it looks like it wobbles when I rotate the wheels. Is there a way that I could have screwed up that drive shaft?
The Serpent doesnt come with a turnbuckle wrench either. The long driveshafts for the center driveline on the car and the driveshaft for the wheels also have a little wobble to them. With the driveshafts being so long, this can happen. It has not effected the performance of the Serpent and im sure that Serpent wouldnt replace them. Its very little wobble but it is there. Cars with shorter driveshafts dont have this problem because the shafts are shorter.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

BTW, I know that it can be frustrating when things dont go right but lets try to be a little understanding. This is the 1st run of kits for Tekno. There may be a small issue here or there and he has stated many times that he will do what ever he has to do to fix any problems. These public forums are powerful and can seriously hurt a company and the potential future sales. Try hitting Danny up in a PM or email as i am sure he is biting his nails waiting for feedback anyway. This is a big thing for Tekno and whatever problems may occur, he will take care of it. He obviously stands behind his stuff so lets cut him a break. PM is the way to go. If there are any legitimate problems, he will post them on here for current and new potential customers and what the fix is.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
BTW, I know that it can be frustrating when things dont go right but lets try to be a little understanding. This is the 1st run of kits for Tekno. There may be a small issue here or there and he has stated many times that he will do what ever he has to do to fix any problems. These public forums are powerful and can seriously hurt a company and the potential future sales. Try hitting Danny up in a PM or email as i am sure he is biting his nails waiting for feedback anyway. This is a big thing for Tekno and whatever problems may occur, he will take care of it. He obviously stands behind his stuff so lets cut him a break. PM is the way to go. If there are any legitimate problems, he will post them on here for current and new potential customers and what the fix is.
+1
Old 08-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I've never had one come with a 1/8 scale kit. Even if they did come with them, there's no way those cheap tools included in a kit would make it through building all of the turnbuckles on a 1/8 scale. The ones for the 1/10 scale usually barely do the job.....
Old 08-11-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

From all the post I have read you probably put it on upside down. Bring that puppy to the track I have every wrench you need. We can dial in the camber in a hot minute.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Oldanski311 View Post
http://www.socal-rc.com/forum/showth...t=4889&page=22

Check out this build documentary of the EB-48 from another forum. I'm very impressed with the parts quality and I have yet to see it in person.
That fellas doing a professional build. The parts look massive.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Nah it wont matter. From what I have seen and read so far I included would thrash any Techno bashing on the spot.
There quality is far above top quality in all there conversions I have seen on the track and Techno has made a solid upstanding name for itself previous and right here on this thread. One of a very few companies in the industry that can get that kind of respect. Never have I heard any negative feed back at the track.
You guys are getting as good of Factory support as any sponsored driver could ever dream to get.

Look how much techno did just to find a simple washer has a cone on it. On a washer 800 grit would fix that on the spot. Anyone of us with any build experiences would just sand it down and move on with out even a sniffle. I have built about 6 different brands of 1/8th scales over the years and none have went together with out some kind of hick up.

This thread will be a great tool in the future and I would direct it to anyone who might need it.
Its definitively best to keep it transparent. It will insure the quality and how much Techno stands behind its products and my self included will build a solid loyalty with its customers.

PM's are fine but posting something on here would be faster and more support than any one man could respond to.

So far a washer and no tools.... ROTFLMAO.
That's nothing. Like any of us would let that, customer or not put a scar on any kit. Not going to happen.

My build is going to be a breeze thanx to this thread.
Thanx fellas.

I think your going to love this ride. I haven't wanted a kit so bad since the first B4 kit. I bought the only 2 in KC. just so I would have parts. Oh how I thought I was the cool guy. LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.