Wiki Posts
Search

GensAce / Hobbypartz.com - Love / Hate relationship

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by krash'um
I've ordered from them once before and I received everything in a timely manner and as ordered plus I was pleasantly surprised with how fast it arrived. I just ordered a few more batteries two days ago and today I received an email from them that my order was just shipped. I'm hoping it'll be as ordered, wish me luck.
I had the same thing happen. They asked for a copy of my credit card and I.D. when I paid with paypal. I called and told them to go pound sand. Unfortunately it's been a week and still no batteries or confirmation or anything I've sent three e-mail and still nothing. I've tried to call but it just rings and rings. Should I open a paypal dispute? I've used Hobbypartz before with no issues at all as a matter of fact I really like the Gens Ace batteries. I don't think I will buy anymore from them unless all the issues are resolved. Too bad they had to F things up for themselves.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:26 AM
pgk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have had pretty good luck with shipping from HP but it's the GensAce batteries that I have a problem with. I have been using 2S 5000 mah 40C and 4S 5000 mah 40C. Up until a month or so ago never had a problem with them so I decided to purchase another 4S1P's and the Resistance in one of the cells was out in left field, got a rma on that one and they sent me a replacement. That battery had one cell that measured 2 volts, wtf. Emailed them and they never got back to me. Tried one more time thinking they may have had a bad run of 4S bats. Not! This battery i just received had cell IR that was at 37 while the others were at 1.2. I'm done with GensAce. I agree that most if not all lipo's are made overseas, but there is a thing called quality control and GensAce has forgotten what that is..
Old 12-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
give me some glory once in awhile
Lol glory to you bigjayjay1, I get star struck whenever I see you on the track.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

I was almost over being angry frustrated with these guys, but now I'm a little on fire again.

now 8 days in from the charge, still no refund.

11 emails, 6 phone calls (only one time they actually answered) and 4 days after they said my refund would be processed that day.

No refund, no replies, no answering of their phone in the past 4 days post refund promise.

I've opened a paypal dispute... This is just getting more and more ridiculous. How hard is it to log into paypal and click refund?
Old 12-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jamr1130
WTF. I placed my order on Dec 1st paid via paypal and get sorry out of stock email on the 2nd. How did you pay? Maybe it's because I used paypal? Sucks!
I used paypal. We'll find out tomorrow. Reading this thread has got me a little worried.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Still no refund or additional response from Hobbypartz

1 more email sent, multiple phone calls unanswered.

10 days from original charge, and 6 days from when i was told i would have my refund with 24 hours.

*sigh*

I really like these batteries, and have ordered 4 times before, but if you are risking this type of service each time you order if you run into an issue...
Old 12-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default IF YOUR IN SOCAL & WANT THE 50C 2S 5KMAH's

WTF. I placed my order on Dec 1st paid via paypal and get sorry out of stock email on the 2nd. How did you pay? Maybe it's because I used paypal? Sucks!
Hey brotha.. and if anyone's in socal trying to get some Gens Ace 50c 5Kmahs, I found where most of them went. Rob's RC in Huntington Beach is selling them for 39.99 a pop(+ tax) and they have about 40 of em. I bought 2 the other day. And that was after ordering through hobbypartz.com and getting the damn "Sorry out of stock" email crap- and no refund yet.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by specgie
Hey brotha.. and if anyone's in socal trying to get some Gens Ace 50c 5Kmahs, I found where most of them went. Rob's RC in Huntington Beach is selling them for 39.99 a pop(+ tax) and they have about 40 of em. I bought 2 the other day. And that was after ordering through hobbypartz.com and getting the damn "Sorry out of stock" email crap- and no refund yet.
Thanks for the heads up. Gotta go Rob's and pick up a few batts. Probably has the ones I tried to buy from Hobbypartz if he's got around 40. Guess we're all in the same boat. Paypal is holding my $$ till Dec.30th ugh!

Good looking out!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Suspended

Hi guys! Greeting from Hobbypartz. This is Tommy. I am part of the HobbyPartz Customer Management team and my job is to address any concerns you guys may have. I totally understand some of the frustrations you guys may have over the way we manage our inventory systems. The non-realtime inventory system is obviously a big flaw to our business and is by far the biggest complaint we have. I will definitely try to find a solution to this and hopefully have it fixed ASAP. But aside from that, even though it's non-realtime, we update it regularly on a daily basis and during peak business days, we do it regularly every 10-15 minutes or so...Because of that, sometimes HOT ITEMS get bought out too fast and that leads to problems! Just very sorry for that now and I know that dreadful out of stock email is too discouraging for many of you but believe in HobbyPartz. We will continue to advance in the industry and make customer experience our #1 PRIORITY! It has been our goal since we launched HobbyPartz in 2006. Really thankful for many of the kind-hearted supports from many of you guys! We'll definitely do more to give back to the community! Stay tune! 2011 has been a wonderful year for us and 2012 will be even more exciting! Many 60C to 65C are in productions! Don't give up on Hobbypartz!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Suspended

Thanks for the heads up. Gotta go Rob's and pick up a few batts. Probably has the ones I tried to buy from Hobbypartz if he's got around 40. Guess we're all in the same boat. Paypal is holding my $$ till Dec.30th ugh!

Good looking out!
O ya, if you guys like to have your hobby shops like Rob's to carry Gens Ace or any Hobbypartz EXCLUSIVE products, you can have your shop contact our DEALER/HOBBY SHOP TEAM: http://www.maxumhobby.com/

2012 we're on a mission to sign up at least 500 of the most popular hobby shops in the nation! If you like your dealer to carry our goods, feel free to send them to MaxumHobby.com! Even if you want to, you can be our dealer too! We also have positions open for forum sponsors and forum rep, racetrack rep, flying field rep, etc...if you think you qualify, you are free to let us know! If we like what we see, you will be contacted! Thanks and have a wonderful Holiday Season!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jhhack
Still no refund or additional response from Hobbypartz

1 more email sent, multiple phone calls unanswered.

10 days from original charge, and 6 days from when i was told i would have my refund with 24 hours.

*sigh*

I really like these batteries, and have ordered 4 times before, but if you are risking this type of service each time you order if you run into an issue...
jhhack, what's your order#? Will have it fixed for you. Don't worry. The staffs have been overloaded since Black Friday and we've been working 12-14 hours a day for 6 days a week. I'll have someone fix it for you if you give me your order#. Thanks!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hinecken
I used paypal. We'll find out tomorrow. Reading this thread has got me a little worried.
Don't need to worry. We are not here to scam people. It doesn't make sense for us because our goal is to one day become a World-Class company. We just need to continue to listen to you guys and make improvement changes in a way that we can give our RC customers the BEST RC EXPERIENCE out there!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by pgk
I have had pretty good luck with shipping from HP but it's the GensAce batteries that I have a problem with. I have been using 2S 5000 mah 40C and 4S 5000 mah 40C. Up until a month or so ago never had a problem with them so I decided to purchase another 4S1P's and the Resistance in one of the cells was out in left field, got a rma on that one and they sent me a replacement. That battery had one cell that measured 2 volts, wtf. Emailed them and they never got back to me. Tried one more time thinking they may have had a bad run of 4S bats. Not! This battery i just received had cell IR that was at 37 while the others were at 1.2. I'm done with GensAce. I agree that most if not all lipo's are made overseas, but there is a thing called quality control and GensAce has forgotten what that is..
Hello pgk, what's your order#? I can help you out! I'm not gonna deny the fact that some Gens Ace had quality problems so I always give the customers the benefit of the doubt. If your history looks good, you bet I will take care of you! Thx
Old 12-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Suspended

If any of you guys have problems, just feel free to let me know! Also, you can always find HobbyPartz on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/HobbyPartz
Old 12-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hobbypartz
jhhack, what's your order#? Will have it fixed for you. Don't worry. The staffs have been overloaded since Black Friday and we've been working 12-14 hours a day for 6 days a week. I'll have someone fix it for you if you give me your order#. Thanks!!!
My order number was posted in my opening post of this thread.

This email is regarding HobbyPartz order number
yhst-62196343123315-220505

Still havent heard back from anyone, and no refund has been processed. How about you find me a 50c pack and earn me back as a customer. You posted that you guys update hot items within a few minutes when possible, but i can tell you as a fact, that 50c hard case was still showing in stock 4 days later after I ordered, which you guys dont have stock to fullfil.

You have my order number, at least 6 emails from me in your system, and can PM me on here for any other personal information you may need.

I'm eagerly awaiting how you will resolve this and demonstrate your professed dedication to customer satisfaction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.