GensAce / Hobbypartz.com - Love / Hate relationship

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GensAce / Hobbypartz.com - Love / Hate relationship

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Prophet

There is other batterys that hobbypartz sells that are good like blue lipos.
Which have good punch and power and relible.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
There is other batterys that hobbypartz sells that are good like blue lipos.
Which have good punch and power and relible.
Yeah, I was about to ask about all the other "brands". Are they actually different, or just different color packaging and stickers?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by vw addict
Yeah, I was about to ask about all the other "brands". Are they actually different, or just different color packaging and stickers?

Um i think they are just diffrent color packaging and stickers although some of the diffrent lipos they sell are more longer than others.

I whould take a chance on the blue lipos.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I was actually looking at the 2s GenAce packs to order this morning. Instead I bought two NanoTechs from Hobbycity. Never had an issue getting product quickly. You just have to pay the extra for the 3 day shipping. 2s 5300s 60-100c packs 8c charge rate. $30 bucks! WTF! Gotta love capitalism!

My nanotechs have done well. No complaints.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I went through kinda the same deal.....i bought a 4sgens ace....but never got it. My paypal payment was not processed and had an end date. So i left it alone. A month went by and the end date came and the transactio was never processed. I think with such a low price, these batteries fly out the door. Hobbypartz has always made it right. With me at least.
Also, I personally felt your response of" what kinda of magic...." seemed real dickish...You should give everyone some respect before getting an attitude with them.
I mean they did say in the email it was" not in stock "and if you "wanted a refund". What more could they have said? " what kind of magic would you like us to do SIR?

The nanotechs are good, but the shipping from japan takes a few weeks. Hobbyparts delivers within two days. Cali to fl.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Stuntbikemike
I went through kinda the same deal.....i bought a 4sgens ace....but never got it. My paypal payment was not processed and had an end date. So i left it alone. A month went by and the end date came and the transactio was never processed. I think with such a low price, these batteries fly out the door. Hobbypartz has always made it right. With me at least.
Also, I personally felt your response of" what kinda of magic...." seemed real dickish...You should give everyone some respect before getting an attitude with them.
I mean they did say in the email it was" not in stock "and if you "wanted a refund". What more could they have said? " what kind of magic would you like us to do SIR?

The nanotechs are good, but the shipping from japan takes a few weeks. Hobbyparts delivers within two days. Cali to fl.

+1 I really dont understand the issues people are having with hobbypartz i always got my stuff on time and the stuff i ordered was right. Most of the time im hearing about gen batteries issues with the stock or other issues .

You can use the USA warehouse on hobbyking i have.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Stuntbikemike

I am a Self proclaimed 'dickish' consumer when I feel like I'm getting ripped off. My 'magic' comment was that the battery was still in stock on their site for new orders 3 days after i ordered, was charged, and then told the battery was out of stock. It was 'in stock' and they had my money, so not sure what else could be done, so maybe some magic dust could help.

I actually got a response today from them. They informed me their inventory process is not live, and their website is maintained by a third party employee that's not involved in shipping and receiving. They update their site 'once a day' at night on whats in stock and out of stock. New things come in they update it to available, sell more of something then you have, update it as sold out. So essentially they never actually update anything on their site to 'out of stock' until they've sold past their inventory, charging for something they don't have, and then email their website guy to change the product to out of stock.

As crappy of a process as that is, that crappy process clearly didn't happen in this case, as the 50c battery was still in stock and taking orders for it, 3 - 4 days after my order that couldn't be fulfilled was charged. Perhaps their web guy was slow to get the email to change the product to out of stock.

I personally wont be ordering from them ever again. In this day and age, running a website by only marking things as out of stock when you figure out you've sold more then you have is some kind of great business policy.

I have ordered from them multiple times before without issue, and like the 7 gensace batteries i have gone through. However, I'd rather spend my money with a company that knows how manage their business process in ways that don't f with the customer experience.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamr1130
Ha! I ordered my 50c battery only 10 minutes after getting an email blast from Hobbypartz about the batteries being in stock. Just like you placed the order and got email confirmation from them. Then 2 days later I get the very same email you got. I simply replied. "CANCEL MY ORDER!'
Same issue with the 50c gens ace batteries. I still haven't heard back from my email response 3 days ago to cancel my order because of their mysterious "Out of stock" status of these batteries My order was placed on Dec.1st and today my paypal still has that charge as "pending". I check my status on Hobbypartz and the order is "on hold". Don't bother trying to call as the (866) number is out of service and the local (626) number will ring as long as you are willing to stay on the phone with no answer. I guess they are inundated with calls because of their screw up. Just a side bar I have ordered from them numerous times before with no issue. But I guess there is always a first.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Angry

Originally Posted by vw addict
Its all chinese crap!!!! The biggest problem with this sport is gonna be chinese crap.....how many axles gears and electronics have all of us broken and said oh.....i gues im runnin too hard or Ididnt have it set up right...... Truth is that its all china crap and it willalways be on BO and it will always break or blow up!! And no the batts are all built by the same 10 year old girl in Hong Kong! And if u need proof look at the october issue of extreme rc when he flies to china to see the great power battery co....do u notice that girls hand covered in some horrible battery residue
?
Old 12-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've ordered from them once before and I received everything in a timely manner and as ordered plus I was pleasantly surprised with how fast it arrived. I just ordered a few more batteries two days ago and today I received an email from them that my order was just shipped. I'm hoping it'll be as ordered, wish me luck.

What I thought strange was on my first order which I used paypal, shortly after placing my order I received an email from them asking for a copy of my credit card and an id... I called them immediately in protest, they said it was to protect themselves from scams. I replied #1. I am not going to give you a copy of my credit card and I'D. #2. I used my paypal account. Shortly after I hung up the phone I get another email confirming my order. I thought to my self what was that all about.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by krash'um
I've ordered from them once before and I received everything in a timely manner and as ordered plus I was pleasantly surprised with how fast it arrived. I just ordered a few more batteries two days ago and today I received an email from them that my order was just shipped. I'm hoping it'll be as ordered, wish me luck.

What I thought strange was on my first order which I used paypal, shortly after placing my order I received an email from them asking for a copy of my credit card and an id... I called them immediately in protest, they said it was to protect themselves from scams. I replied #1. I am not going to give you a copy of my credit card and I'D. #2. I used my paypal account. Shortly after I hung up the phone I get another email confirming my order. I thought to my self what was that all about.
Hum that's scary sad part people don't know better man your smarter then I thought you better stop practicing your either on my butt or passing me with a laugh buddy I know I need to respect my elders but give me some glory once in awhile
Old 12-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Little rant from me for Hobbypartz...

I ordered some batteries, simple right? I'm in so-cal, they are located in so-cal, 1 day shipping pretty much, with Standard UPS Ground.

well, I got the wrong order, took over a week, + my own money shipping it back. You have to pretty much be on their A$$, in order to get some sort of "good" customer service. No i didnt call, since they never answer their phone. I had to Live Chat them, and Post up on their forums, and E mail the Tech manager.

On the bright side, i got my batteries pretty fast.

I would think Hobbypartz is getting a TON of orders right now, and their employee stable cant keep up, Or they hired a bunch of temps and they screwed everything up.

Wont say i wont order anything from them again, ill will probably wait till the holiday season is over. Ive ordered from them a bunch of times, ZERO issues, eariler this year, and last year.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Just placed my very first order with them for a charger and two of the 5000mah 50c batteries. Ordered on the 5th, shipped on the 6th according to ups tracking, should be to me on Monday the 12th. Cali to South FL in December. If the order is correct, that's pretty good for free shipping imo. Same amount of time it took my t4.1 to get here from Tower.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

same thing happened to my father... i keep hearing bad things about hobbypartz, but im skeptical to try turnigy, ive heard bad about their packs
Old 12-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hinecken
Just placed my very first order with them for a charger and two of the 5000mah 50c batteries. Ordered on the 5th, shipped on the 6th according to ups tracking, should be to me on Monday the 12th. Cali to South FL in December. If the order is correct, that's pretty good for free shipping imo. Same amount of time it took my t4.1 to get here from Tower.
WTF. I placed my order on Dec 1st paid via paypal and get sorry out of stock email on the 2nd. How did you pay? Maybe it's because I used paypal? Sucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.