Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So I was wondering if people were still running weights in the b4s or not.I was reading some different threads and it looks like the new base setup is the crcrc setup with only weight added to make 1510g for Roar I assume.Just trying to catch up since being out of racing since the mid 90s
Old 04-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

I've been running about 1.5 oz in the rear of the car most places. This is more of a tuning thing and less to make it meet weight requirements. Keep in mind the type/brand of battery you use may change the overall weight of your car.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by storytyme
How come they don't make RPM arms for the B4? Am I wrong on this? I swear by them on my T4 and was curious. Thanks in advance.
I answered my own question and got this reply from RPM:

The problem with the B4 is that the buggy segment of the R/C industry has taken a severe down turn in the last several years. It is extremely expensive to build molds so we need to have a reasonable amount of confidence in the potential sales of an item before we'll consider build a new mold for that line. I'm sure if the buggy market sees a resurgence, you can bet we'll make some B4 a-arms for you but at the moment, I'm afraid nothing is in the works. I apologize for the bad news but I'm sure you can understand the logic in that decision.

THoughts???
Old 04-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I spoke with one of the guys from RC Car Action at RCX about the shrinking buggy class and if its dying and he said "Oh no, its getting bigger"

So he knows something I don't but I was happy to hear what he said since I'm a hardcore B4/T4 fan

Also spoke to Cliff Lett about the B4.1 and he said they only made so many of them initially and they flew off the shelves better than expected. Thats why they were hard to find recently.

Re: RPM arms, I'd just run the AE ones. They work for them to continue to dominate racing. Back in the day of the old RC10 I would say run them, but not today

Just my $.02 w/ a rebate
Old 04-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Legend

Even if you had a stronger arm ?

You will end up breaking different parts which can more difficult to replace and probably cost you even more than the replacement of a arm...

In other words ?

The Rc10 arm is supreme in cost and strenght...
Old 04-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Even if you had a stronger arm ?

You will end up breaking different parts which can more difficult to replace and probably cost you even more than the replacement of a arm...

In other words ?

The Rc10 arm is supreme in cost and strenght...
If its anything like the rpm of old, it won't break because it will be more flexible. My old rpm total conversion rc10 was so flexible, even with an upper deck, that you could almost fold it into a pretzel.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by storytyme
I answered my own question and got this reply from RPM:

The problem with the B4 is that the buggy segment of the R/C industry has taken a severe down turn in the last several years. It is extremely expensive to build molds so we need to have a reasonable amount of confidence in the potential sales of an item before we'll consider build a new mold for that line. I'm sure if the buggy market sees a resurgence, you can bet we'll make some B4 a-arms for you but at the moment, I'm afraid nothing is in the works. I apologize for the bad news but I'm sure you can understand the logic in that decision.

THoughts???

I wouldnt run RPM arms on my B-4 in my right mind unless im not racing the car anymore and using for straight up bashing. youre not going to get the car to handle and be nimble like a buggy is supposed to be.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

as far as buggy growth is concerned my local 1/8th and kinda 5th scale track had a full heat of what was mostly 1/10th buggies with a couple of trucks. i finished 2nd behind a t-4 after dnf'ing all of the heats
the week before was more scarce but everyone had such a blast they had more this last race.
I think short coarse has really helped in all of this and thank you traxxas
Old 04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Tater salad
I wouldnt run RPM arms on my B-4 in my right mind unless im not racing the car anymore and using for straight up bashing. youre not going to get the car to handle and be nimble like a buggy is supposed to be.
I haven't tested it on my T4.1 (with RPM arms) but I was under the impression that the RPM arms were lighter than the stock arms (but not as light as the carbon ones).

They are very rigid, but more flexible than the stock arms.

I'm not a racer (yet) but I am a serious car nut, and I think they are a very good product. I guess if your trying to shave every single ounce you can, carbon would be the way to go. And I know un-sprung weight is most critical. But I would gladly sacrifice what might be a .001oz a corner for some durability.

Next time I have my arms off. Ill weigh them against the stock ones.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

when youre racing you dont want flexible a-arms unless you crash a whole lot. then i would only run them until you can get around the track without crashing.
not to worried about the weight of the a-arm, doesnt surprise me that they weigh close to stock arms.
another thing to keep in mind is the rpm arms may not break they just might kinda bend a little then youre car is going to have some handling issues.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Legend

If you hit curbs & car tires on the street a lot ?

Still buy the Ae part ....

performance = why you drive a B-4....
Old 04-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Good points everyone. Makes since now. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Initiate

I see your logic, If I were racing I would use the carbon or stock parts.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

anyone know if the latest t4 b4 kits come with the hd servo saver spring, or if it is an upgrade?
Old 04-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

the latest factory team B4's and T4's will come with the HD servo saver spring

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.