Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by losi guy
I finally seen those new bleeder caps in stock so I ordered some. Are they worth getting and do they make bleeding the shocks that much easier?
I bought a set months ago, when they first came out. Never got a chance to use them before somebody needed a set at the local indoor track, so I sold
them to em. They came back b!tching up a storm, 10 minutes later. ALL OF
THEM leaked around the base, like crazy. I'll just keep building mine the way
I know how, thanks.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hate2Looz
I bought a set months ago, when they first came out. Never got a chance to use them before somebody needed a set at the local indoor track, so I sold
them to em. They came back b!tching up a storm, 10 minutes later. ALL OF
THEM leaked around the base, like crazy. I'll just keep building mine the way
I know how, thanks.
Was this person using the VCS bladder caps prior to installing the bleeder caps? If so, one must replace the O ring at the base of the threads. This O ring is removed when using the VCS bladder caps.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I love the bleeder caps. They make rebuilding the shocks a lot easier... for me anyway.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
amen brotha!!

I have no idea what you mean

I can practice 20 min and not even close to hot.

X-12 8.5 24/78....[/QUOTE]
they run hotter than the average motor, lets say youre using an 8.5 x12 at your gearing...sure it runs cool at your gearing. somebody else wants to run that motor at a slightly different gearing. they get much hotter. mine doesnt get too warm, but it does get heated up. thats why they made the octa wind motors, to reduce heat. and when they get rlly hot the power goes down during that run, which the octa wind x12's are supposed to fix.

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
Was this person using the VCS bladder caps prior to installing the bleeder caps? If so, one must replace the O ring at the base of the threads. This O ring is removed when using the VCS bladder caps.
the only problem with the vcs caps is they dont have air in the shocks, which ae shocks need to perform correctly.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Legend

Not Home

The OCTA wind is for smoother power and more efficiency , not just to run cooler...

Funny, Only if I over gear my X-12 will it get hot ..
A Clue ?

Any motor will get hot if over geared not just X-11's...

please don't say X-12 runs hot, when they don't actually...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 03-13-2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: I LOve Cheese
Old 03-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Back in thread a few people mention a 'revised' shock tower for the b4 that moves the 3 holes inward so you could run the lightweight setup without drilling your own tower. What is the part number on this? Or has the shock tower just been replaced with the the 'revised' ones so that's all you can buy now?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rysuleod
Back in thread a few people mention a 'revised' shock tower for the b4 that moves the 3 holes inward so you could run the lightweight setup without drilling your own tower. What is the part number on this? Or has the shock tower just been replaced with the the 'revised' ones so that's all you can buy now?
same number... Just have to know what the old one looks like vs the new one when you buy it. The plastic I hear might be different
Old 03-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Not Home

The OCTA wind is for smoother power and more efficiency , not just to run cooler...

Funny, Only if I over gear my X-11 will it get hot ..
A Clue ?

Any motor will get hot if over geared not just X-11's...

please don't say X-11 runs hot, when they don't actually...
efficiency, yes they run cooler, more power throughout the run...not over gear, just different gearing. the x12's are known to have a bit off gearing, and perform better but hotter. the x11 doesnt run hot like the x12's do.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Legend

sorry meant the X-12 and if I over gear I never get better performance from a X-12 , just a hotter motor...

A clue ?
Old 03-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 071crazy
Ok, so why is Cavalieri running the non-milled plate and specifically mentions it on that setup sheet? Could you please find out the answer and report back to us? We non-trackside racers obviously don't know.
The 9600 black motor plate is not an issue of 'milled or not milled'. The 9600 plate is steel, not aluminum. It's about 7g heavier.

This is doing 2 things-
1- offset for the motor. The orion motor is a bit heavier and the combination of this motor plate, along with running the motor plate shimmed 4mm centers the weight for his motor.
2- it adds weight to the rear of the car. Ryan likes the feel of having the weight in the back, which is why there is also a full ounce in the back of his car, 1.5 if you include the Rx offset
Old 03-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

anybody know if i can run gt2 25 degree front caster blocks in the b4? i installed them they seem to fit properly but will the suspension geometry be thrown off if i dont use gt2 front steering knuckles because im currently running the stock b4 steering knuckles but have taken it to the track yet to test it out
Old 03-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 9six7nine2bOI
anybody know if i can run gt2 25 degree front caster blocks in the b4? i installed them they seem to fit properly but will the suspension geometry be thrown off if i dont use gt2 front steering knuckles because im currently running the stock b4 steering knuckles but have taken it to the track yet to test it out
They will work fine. The GT2 blocks are the same as the stock blocks, they only add the 3rd outer hole for the camber link.

However if you run the GT2 steering knuckles, you will be changing geometry, as the axle on the GT2 block is 0.060" lower. Plus on the GT2 block, you will have to grind away some matieral to give clearance for the axle/bearing.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by not home
I

the only problem with the vcs caps is they dont have air in the shocks, which ae shocks need to perform correctly.
The air in the oils is serving the same purpose as the air separated by the bladder, to be compressible (oil isn't) and allow the displacement of the shock shaft when the shock compresses. Just two different ways of doing the same thing with two different feels. I've never tried it on the AE shocks (well, not since the 80's) but I don't know why it would be bad. Every 1/8th car on the market uses shocks with bladders.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teambighead
They will work fine. The GT2 blocks are the same as the stock blocks, they only add the 3rd outer hole for the camber link.

However if you run the GT2 steering knuckles, you will be changing geometry, as the axle on the GT2 block is 0.060" lower. Plus on the GT2 block, you will have to grind away some matieral to give clearance for the axle/bearing.

so if i am using the stock b4 steering knuckles with the gt2 caster blocks i dont gotta grind n e thing away? BTW i was running the inner hole on the stock b4 blocks which hole is equivalent to that on the gt2 block?
Old 03-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i just got back from a pretty big race tonight and i was running 81/23 with 3 dot timing on the new lrp sxxx stock spec (80910) the motor was warm after 6 min with the lrp x12 13.5 i can almost guaranty that if i run a 27-29 pinion with this setup the motor will fry!! i would love to see someone test this with this new speedo. its impossible to run that gearing even with a 29-28/78 i would love for someone to prove me wrong. i am very familiar with gearing and temps as well.with the lrp spx i would say yes more so than the sxx stock spec.

also,i heard that if you move the foam piece in the battery tray to the front,by the servo,in front of the battery that the car is more balanced and that it forces more weight towards the front of the car.and increases steering.also i was told that the car will not nose dive as much while flying.

any input on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks for all of the help you guys have given me.it really helped out tonight!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.