Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 05:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

does anyone have a suggestion for a good servo for the b4. I am new to buggies but have been running r/c trucks for about five years.The b4 is for my team in high school racing so it needs quick response and metal gears and I am thinking of a hitech metal geared servo. If any body has any suggestions the please email me at [email protected] . thanks.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stampeder
does anyone have a suggestion for a good servo for the b4. I am new to buggies but have been running r/c trucks for about five years.The b4 is for my team in high school racing so it needs quick response and metal gears and I am thinking of a hitech metal geared servo. If any body has any suggestions the please email me at [email protected] . thanks.
You have mail
Old 12-29-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default MF 1 help

I know this is the MF2 thread but I think this might overlap a little.
I know that the setups that are posted on Losi's site are probably for hard packed tracks. I run on a track that has fluffy/loose dirt and packed jumps, we run it damp.
Here is my question if I soften the suspension just one setting (shock Oil & springs) will I have better control of should I go stiffer?

I have tried the softer settings, and am doing well, bit I am wondering if there is a better way to tackle this.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Are you running Mod or stock class? I know the Mod guys worry about the Oil/Piston matching a lot. What is the truck doing oversteer or pushing?
My questions...anybody having problems with the servo linkage being to stiff?
What is the best way to match tire compound to foam inserts for the track conditions?

Last edited by WisRacr1; 12-29-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trixter
I know this is the MF2 thread but I think this might overlap a little.
I know that the setups that are posted on Losi's site are probably for hard packed tracks. I run on a track that has fluffy/loose dirt and packed jumps, we run it damp.
Here is my question if I soften the suspension just one setting (shock Oil & springs) will I have better control of should I go stiffer?

I have tried the softer settings, and am doing well, bit I am wondering if there is a better way to tackle this.
How long have you been racing? The softer suspension will make it seem like your car is giving you more reaction time, maybe making it easier to drive. If it's to soft it'll seem real sluggish and feel like it's not doing what you want it to when you want it to.

If you go stiffer it will react quickly and be more nimble. It's a good thing when it feels like the truck is doing everything you want and doing it quickly. Unless it's to stiff and it's bouncing over everything instead of soaking up the terrain and the rear end won't stay in a straight line. Good stuf to experiment with though. : )
Old 12-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Well I just wanted to be reminded, I was pretty sure that I was going in the right direction.

Thanks again
Old 12-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stampeder
Futaba S9451 is what I use and what Jared Tebo used in his B4 that won the Cactus Classic. Another good one is the Airtronics 94360 which is an awesome servo overall.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the GMC Sierra body from the RC10GT will fit on a T4?
Old 12-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Tech Legend

It can be made to fit , but you should go with a T-4 body unstead.
It will fit & perform better....
Old 12-30-2005, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WisRacr1
My questions...anybody having problems with the servo linkage being to stiff?
What is the best way to match tire compound to foam inserts for the track conditions?
Need help with this guys. I know that there is a way to find out what's needed Foam-tire match per track that you race....I just tneed to know how I go about figuring it out on my own.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone know of any other message boards specifically for the T4? Nothing against this one I'm just looking for a little more info. It's a fairly popular truck so I would think there would be a few more forums on this truck.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Check these boards out. Any question you have can be answered by Mystracing, or Charlie Perez there. T4/B4 Forums
Old 12-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks very informative.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Hey on the topic of the B4 can some of you guys tell me what spring/oil set-up your using for your fronts and rear shocks?
Thanks!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Wis, go to the link I posted a couple replies up. You'll find some good setups there, and tons of info for the B4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.