Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 08:31 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taztal3
hi frank
what part number a novak gtb ?

what about lrp bushless ?
Sorry, I am not sure of a PN#... if you run 2.4 stuff, then you will want to get the 2.4 version anyway.

I don't run LRP...
Old 11-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

so raced my new FT RC10T4 for the first time this weekend with panther switch 2.0 clays in the rear and losi pink directionals up fornt and it was ok but way loose at the end of the straight and in long sweeping corners. I am running 30 wt. up front with #3 pis. and 25 wt. #1 pistons in the rear. Stock springs, Silver in the front green in the rear. I was having trouble with the rear being loose until a fellow racer told me to put a .030 shim under the rear inner ball stud and boy was this truck alot better. I am thinking of moving the rear hub to the middle position to lenghten the wheelbase to give it less or smoother turning in those sweeping corners. All and all I dont regret buying this over the XXX-T CR in fact i think it might be a better buy cause it only cost me 190.00.

Any suggestions to try other things ?

I hope i made sense LOl
Old 11-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
so raced my new FT RC10T4 for the first time this weekend with panther switch 2.0 clays in the rear and losi pink directionals up fornt and it was ok but way loose at the end of the straight and in long sweeping corners. I am running 30 wt. up front with #3 pis. and 25 wt. #1 pistons in the rear. Stock springs, Silver in the front green in the rear. I was having trouble with the rear being loose until a fellow racer told me to put a .030 shim under the rear inner ball stud and boy was this truck alot better. I am thinking of moving the rear hub to the middle position to lenghten the wheelbase to give it less or smoother turning in those sweeping corners. All and all I dont regret buying this over the XXX-T CR in fact i think it might be a better buy cause it only cost me 190.00.

I hope i made sense LOl
did you try a different rear tire. panthers are always more skateish
Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
did you try a different rear tire. panthers are always more skateish
well i have a pair of worn in taperpins in pink and i wanted to save them.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:34 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Any suggestions to try other things?
I would put on the full "Pudge Setup". It is the setup that all of the team guys run at every track. I would HIGHLY suggest it.

PS Pudge = Ryan Cavalieri
Old 11-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Got my new bodies in tonight...got them mounted for racing this weekend...

Body Shot

Body Shot

Shells Off

Fan Mount in B4

Fan Mount in T4 with Shield
Old 11-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Legend

Don`t even have to use the heat sink with the Lrp.....
Old 11-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

I hope i made sense LOl

I had a simlar problem. Way loose on entry into our sweeper....if I didn't have the throttle in the sweet spot during turn in, I would spin....unlike my b4 which is similar on setup.. except wheel base. I found I had the longest wheelbase setting on the t4 (I lengthened it for an outdoor track and left it)...I moved it to the shortest wheelbase setting (just like the buggy) and I got my side bite back. So for me the shorter wheel base provide more side bite..and more forward bite. I'm going to check the washers on the rear cmber links and see if I can get some more side bite out of it.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
I had a simlar problem. Way loose on entry into our sweeper....if I didn't have the throttle in the sweet spot during turn in, I would spin....unlike my b4 which is similar on setup.. except wheel base. I found I had the longest wheelbase setting on the t4 (I lengthened it for an outdoor track and left it)...I moved it to the shortest wheelbase setting (just like the buggy) and I got my side bite back. So for me the shorter wheel base provide more side bite..and more forward bite. I'm going to check the washers on the rear cmber links and see if I can get some more side bite out of it.
Thanks, thats good to know. I could not believe how much of a difference those 2 washers made.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jake i'm diggin the new paint scheme!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey all,

i bought a B4 last week (team factory) and the wheel screws for the front are stripped...and i cant get them out, obviously....i am about to order the alloy set with the titanium shaft off rcmart....but i have a set of spare rims and they have like splines on the inside of the hole (where the shaft goes through) just wondering about that....does the bearing have a special shape to go with this or is it just a standard type of bearing?

also can i use the T4 bearing set that rcmart offers, for the B4...iam guessing the only real diff between the 2 is the suspenion..and drivetrain stuff..

cheers

wog
Old 11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anyone make a set of 1.5 degree rear hub carriers for the T4. Racers Edge used to but doesn't anymore.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t4mania
Does anyone make a set of 1.5 degree rear hub carriers for the T4. Racers Edge used to but doesn't anymore.
You could use the GT2 ones, but you'll have to upgrade to 1/2x3/16 outside bearings
Old 11-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wog....supraman
hey all,

i bought a B4 last week (team factory) and the wheel screws for the front are stripped...and i cant get them out, obviously....i am about to order the alloy set with the titanium shaft off rcmart....but i have a set of spare rims and they have like splines on the inside of the hole (where the shaft goes through) just wondering about that....does the bearing have a special shape to go with this or is it just a standard type of bearing?

also can i use the T4 bearing set that rcmart offers, for the B4...iam guessing the only real diff between the 2 is the suspenion..and drivetrain stuff..

cheers

wog
Unless your a real pipe hunger the stock team axles can't be beat. I have broke way to many of the FT team blue ones. For the screw you could just cut a notch in with a dremel and use a flat head to get the screw out. Then you will be able to save your wheel.

The splines in the wheel that you are referring to are the old style rims. No different bearing is needed everything will bolt up just fine.

All of the bearings are the same between the B4 and T4.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by trashedmaxx
Unless your a real pipe hunger the stock team axles can't be beat. I have broke way to many of the FT team blue ones.
going to make it out for glenwoods "opener" this weekend trashed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.