Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default B4 Shocks

I have looked around in this thread and i see that most have not upgraded the shock caps to the New VCS from associated with bladder and foam.

Why is that?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by energyracing
I have looked around in this thread and i see that most have not upgraded the shock caps to the New VCS from associated with bladder and foam.

Why is that?
cause they are for on-road.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Yok caps and some FT Gold shafts (lightly polished ) is all you need... and a good builder. lol.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know that they are for onroad but why the difference?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Has anyone driven the XXXT-CR, wondering how it compares to the T4. I cant get the steering I want out of the T4, she likes to plow. Im either used to Losi cars, or Im still chasing the setup.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by energyracing
I know that they are for onroad but why the difference?
An onroad car requires a different behavoir from the shocks. I'm sure onroad and off road shocks just require different requirements. If you want a true test on the feel, I'd suggest getting some for yourself. That way you can tell us what you think. It's not too much money invested either. sorry, I'm not an engineer and can't tell you the exact reasons.

Originally Posted by FlyByWire
Has anyone driven the XXXT-CR, wondering how it compares to the T4. I cant get the steering I want out of the T4, she likes to plow. Im either used to Losi cars, or Im still chasing the setup.
I can say this about the two trucks. They can be tuned to feel almost the same. It's mostly in set up. In looking for the fastest lap times, many trucks can end up the same because someone will duplicate what a faster driver has. And then some drivers like a different feel with their own vehicles. These two are close enough in design that the same amount of turning, traction, on-power/off-power driving can be very identicle.

How long have you had your T4? And how much have you adjusted the settings? I find that the rear wheelbase adjustment can completely alter the characteristics of the truck. I use it often. I also try different settings each time out to learn and play just to find what is fast and easy to drive.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
An onroad car requires a different behavoir from the shocks. I'm sure onroad and off road shocks just require different requirements. If you want a true test on the feel, I'd suggest getting some for yourself. That way you can tell us what you think. It's not too much money invested either. sorry, I'm not an engineer and can't tell you the exact reasons.

I can say this about the two trucks. They can be tuned to feel almost the same. It's mostly in set up. In looking for the fastest lap times, many trucks can end up the same because someone will duplicate what a faster driver has. And then some drivers like a different feel with their own vehicles. These two are close enough in design that the same amount of turning, traction, on-power/off-power driving can be very identicle.

How long have you had your T4? And how much have you adjusted the settings? I find that the rear wheelbase adjustment can completely alter the characteristics of the truck. I use it often. I also try different settings each time out to learn and play just to find what is fast and easy to drive.

This is what i did with my rb5 and i am fast with it. I didnt use a internet setup i just changed one thing at a time, It evolves with you as opposed to chasing a setup. Dont be afraid to try different things.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8

Thanks for the reply.. I think I'm just getting used to the truck really. Ive had the truck for about 5 race days.. and I got it used. The diff feels bad, and I think its too tight (I bought the truck used...mistake)... I think that may contribute to the issues. I run in the top 4-5 at my track still, but I just am not getting the feel I want.

Ive adjusted the rear roll center (washers), shock oil weight, camber link, and ride height. I dont like to push the car hard into corners, but the truck doesnt have any off=power steering.. im going to try and dial in some drag brake next time out, and see if the weight transfer when getting off the throttle helps.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Keep track of ride height also. For me this is a simple adjustment and I can feel the difference. Having the long wheelbase and lower front ride height (1-2mm) can really affect the truck. I haven't really evolved enough to tell much difference with the roll centers. I get frustrated sometimes with the washer adjustments cause I don't see/feel much change. Also I sometimes will make a large adjustment just to see how big the effect is. But then go back and start making smaller adjustments.

Like RB said, the truck will grow with you and you will learn it. Practice, practice, practice. That's some of the biggest part of RC.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

yeah, I struggle w/ my t4 but got my b4 hooked the freak up! Exactly like I like it...truck, not so much!...granted I started out racing dirt w/ the buggy and only had the truck for 3months. Just a matter of trying different changes (one at a time!) until you like what you got....
Old 10-27-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Seriously considering getting back into electric off road, but it will definitely be BL & LiPo (which is the only thing that got me back into touring cars).

Does the Orion Carbon 3200 and Platinum 4800 fit in the AE T4 with little or no modification?

Also, any motor recommendation (for me it will be Novak).
13.5?
10.5?
8.5?

What gearing should I start out at?

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone tried adapting the Hotbodies rear D4 wheels to the B4? Does anyone know what is needed to do this conversion, any pictures would be great!
Old 10-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Do you guys run plastic rear arms on the T4 as well? I put the GT2 front end on, but I need the hinge pin for the hub carrier as the T4 one is too long.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
Seriously considering getting back into electric off road, but it will definitely be BL & LiPo (which is the only thing that got me back into touring cars).

Does the Orion Carbon 3200 and Platinum 4800 fit in the AE T4 with little or no modification?

Also, any motor recommendation (for me it will be Novak).
13.5?
10.5?
8.5?

What gearing should I start out at?

Thanks.
Those batteries will both fit in a T4 with no mods, get the 4800. If using BL don't go slower than an 8.5. I run a 6.5 but a 7.5 would probably be ideal for me (high traction indoor). Make sure to check out what your local track likes to run. We have a track in WI that runs a 4300 truck class with 10 min mains and it's SUPER fun.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Just picked up a new B4, want to know what you are all running for a pinion on them. Started with a 24 and now down to a 21T pinion and its a bit hot with stock spur. Have a CO27 motor in it. Seemed like it went faster when I had the Monster stock with a 23T in it. Any recommendations? Thanks Gene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.