Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
I had a small prob with a set of yoks. they didn't thread easily all the way and leaked til I got them truely seated/tightened..... getting them started is a touch harder than the stock ones but not much. I'm still tweaking my bleeding skills but get the job done....
Yea that was my issue, i think i needed to just walk away for minute. so next time i am gonna try them when i wanna change the oil.

Isnt funny sometimes when you walk away from something and come back it is just that much easier ?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

ya Yok caps at first dont thread on easy the first time. DOnt know y though.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mfishel
What upgrade caps are you referring to? I know of none other than the aluminum ones, and they aren't an upgrade.
I would consider it is an upgrade from plastic to aluminum. That is what an upgrade is. It is not stock so it is an upgrade.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

technically an upgrade but they are heavier and I see no need for something stronger than the plastic ones. I add weight to my cars but only were it's useable weight. IE, Alum motorgard adds 7.5 grams over the stock one and it's low and over the rear tires basically. Shock caps are high and will in theroy raise your roll center. I've heard of TC cars blowing off plastic caps but I have never experienced it..tc, b4 or t4..... I'd save the money for something else like alum shock towers! haha j/k.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MannEdge
I would consider it is an upgrade from plastic to aluminum. That is what an upgrade is. It is not stock so it is an upgrade.
Right you are Its been a while but I remember when the plastic ones were new. And if I remember correctly not only were they lighter, they also had (and I assume still do) more volume.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adam lancia
The other nut driver size you're looking for is 11/32 for the rear wheels and the servo saver nut
Thanx adam. I always forget what this wrench size is.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have searched to no avail. Does anyone have pics of a GTB in a B4? The sensor wire routing is what I cant figure out. Thanks
Old 10-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'd like to see a pic too. I don't think there is a good way to route the sensor bundle. I've tried several different ways. It works so I never fret about it too much. Sorry no pics.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I can show you how I do mine, but I dont have aBL motor, so no sensor wire.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infanterene
I have searched to no avail. Does anyone have pics of a GTB in a B4? The sensor wire routing is what I cant figure out. Thanks
Originally Posted by air8
I'd like to see a pic too. I don't think there is a good way to route the sensor bundle. I've tried several different ways. It works so I never fret about it too much. Sorry no pics.
I have posted how I put the GTB on my B4 several pages back...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=2251

The heatsink fins are not parallel to the fan blowing direction so that the weight of the wires are more centered and it's easier for me to see the GTB programming LEDs.

The cap is not positioned like in the picture but is cable-tied it to the motor wires.

I put some lead weights on the other side to counter the weight of the GTB.

Last edited by jobo_ph; 10-26-2007 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are there different Associated shocks for the B4?
I bought my B4 used and I got the threaded shocks that are anodized like a dark grey. But I have also seen Associated shocks with a light grey, is the difference only in color?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

They are the same shock bodies, just different anodizing. I've noticed the color has gotten darker over the years. Even the blue seems to be a darker shade.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jobo_ph
I have posted how I put the GTB on my B4 several pages back...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=2251

The heatsink fins are not parallel to the fan blowing direction so that the weight of the wires are more centered and it's easier for me to see the GTB programming LEDs.

The cap is not positioned like in the picture but is cable-tied it to the motor wires.

I put some lead weights on the other side to counter the weight of the GTB.
Great pics!!! Thanks. I like how you have everything organized. Thanks again.

Air8, does freefallmarine have a T4 or B4? I forget to ask him when I talk to him.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by energyracing
Are there different Associated shocks for the B4?
I bought my B4 used and I got the threaded shocks that are anodized like a dark grey. But I have also seen Associated shocks with a light grey, is the difference only in color?
The dark greenish/grey bodies are much better. The anodizing on the light silver colored bodies is much weaker and the anodizing and bodies wear out pretty fast. You've got the good stuff.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys, its been a while since I was last on here. And was wondering if you have any tips for a quieter car, not necessarily talking about the motor but that advice is appreciated to.? I've noticed that some cars you can't even hear running, and others you just wonder whats wrong with it its so loud. The reason being that last practice night my car all the sudden turned from one of the quietest cars to probable the loudest one, I tightened the slipper and then broke a axle pin and its all been downhill from there.

So any advice for how you quiet your car is greatly apperciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.