Like Tree31Likes

Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3Captain
Where is that track?? I like it
medford Oregon. belongs to a guy named Chad. the big brown motor home in the top left is my rig. great bunch of guys to race with
Old 02-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'll try the steel wool trick.

I ran my truck today outdoors on loose dusty and then indoors on a very tight technical carpet track. Wow this truck is made for high grip and tight! Very impressive how tight it could turn. I ran 5-5-3 in the diffs and it was dialed.

Now I ran blue springs with 50 wt oil in front and orange rears with 45 in back with blue pistons and stock sways. the truck had body roll but I think it needed it, should I go up in rear spring?

I love my friggin truck.

I will order the shock bodies for sure.

BTW does anyone use the shock shaft boots to protect dirt from getting on the shaft and inside? the tracks I run on kick up so much dirt on the rear shocks. grrr.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default b4.1/.2 driveline questions

A few questions for MIP MATT or anyone else that wants to chime in with their opinions. I will list them for ease of viewing
1: Will there be any performance differences in using the MIP outdrives for my diff in my b4 other then longer life?
2: Are the stock AE diff outdrives made out of a softer metal on purpose? for example does it gain more traction due to possibly different binding characteristics during the dog bone plunge effect?
3: I imagine i will wear out the stock AE cva driveshafts faster?
4: Does MIP sell replacement pins for the driveshafts like you would commonly see in an 8th scale driveshaft?
5: I understand that cvd's have different handling characteristics, would it be best to use them with the MIP outdrives since i imagine both the outdrives and driveshaft are both of a harder material? And if so, what exactly are the handling differences? I have heard the car squares up better but may not go through bumps better, is this just a theory?

Thanks for reading!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default our race track thread with videos here in Durham, NC, USA

This racetrack is called Pines RaceWay or Pines SpeedWay. It has been built at least ten years ago. Through that decade+, the track has been modified and improved. The surface is a combination of a small layer of topsoil and the rest is made of clay. We continue to test the layout of the track. Recently, we patched the jumps because of wear and tear from constant use. We also filled in some sections of the ground to make it flatter and more level, for a smoother and faster speeds. The race track needs maintenance, mainly during the Fall and Winter seasons, because of the fallen pine straw, pine cones, twigs, and dead leaves. After a thorough clean-up, we can race from the months of January to, I'd say, late October, at this outdoor race track. I will post our videos onto this thread, so that they will all be in one place. In the first few vids, we aren't really going that fast at all. We are currently running stock class Short Course trucks with the VXL systems mated with Traxxas 3000mAh 8.4V NiMH batteries. I'm waiting on the four IP Intellect 2S 80C 7200mAh LiPo battery packs I bought online from rcMart.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What front tires are you guys running? I'm gonna be running aka gridirons on the rear...do these work well on the front?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Been messing around with ByPass1 pistons on my 22 buggy and SCT, and I must confess these things are IT!!!
They're especially noticeable on the SCT that now soaks the little bumps and ruts like they're not even there.
Thanks Matt and the MIP crew.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Hey Matt I ran your smac trac setup last night , I need a little more turn in seems some tight turns I have to wait on it .l,what would you suggests changing
Old 02-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For outdoor I'm running Calibers from Pro-Line in Super Soft all the way around.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default looking for info

hello guys, can u guys tell me what u think about the slash proline chassis and the proline diff, are they worth buying for a slash????????

and can i use associated spurs on the slipper clutch??
Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have both, like them very much. Pro-Line now sells the spur gears, be careful; you will need to order the pads with it separately.

Pro-Line sells 78T, 82T, 86T spur gears now.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Matt are you seeing any benefit of the big four shocks over the normal 10 mm #a B 4 or a T4 sc10 with the mip piston and what are they
Old 02-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frito
Hey Matt I ran your smac trac setup last night , I need a little more turn in seems some tight turns I have to wait on it .l,what would you suggests changing
The Hudy guide below is the best resource to look at for tuning your vehicle.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=4461
Old 02-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Eli
A few questions for MIP MATT or anyone else that wants to chime in with their opinions. I will list them for ease of viewing
1: Will there be any performance differences in using the MIP outdrives for my diff in my b4 other then longer life?
2: Are the stock AE diff outdrives made out of a softer metal on purpose? for example does it gain more traction due to possibly different binding characteristics during the dog bone plunge effect?
3: I imagine i will wear out the stock AE cva driveshafts faster?
4: Does MIP sell replacement pins for the driveshafts like you would commonly see in an 8th scale driveshaft?
5: I understand that cvd's have different handling characteristics, would it be best to use them with the MIP outdrives since i imagine both the outdrives and driveshaft are both of a harder material? And if so, what exactly are the handling differences? I have heard the car squares up better but may not go through bumps better, is this just a theory?

Thanks for reading!
Our outdrives and CVDs are made out of American grade metals/materials. Also they are designed and made in the US as well. Our CVDs and outdrives are rumored to last quite a bit longer but I have not done a direct comparison myself to get statistical information. Also our CVD design which was designed by Eustace of MIP has been around forever and is definitely a proven design for racing. The difference between a CVD and CVA that I have experienced is more all around traction with a CVD through corners and a CVA will loosen up the car.

Hope this helps man and thanks for the interest in MIP

Originally Posted by pablo040
Been messing around with ByPass1 pistons on my 22 buggy and SCT, and I must confess these things are IT!!!
They're especially noticeable on the SCT that now soaks the little bumps and ruts like they're not even there.
Thanks Matt and the MIP crew.
Awesome man good to here your liking them! Please post your setup if your willing to give it up

You may want to try 5000 in the center diff. What track are you racing on? I also had that issue were I was looking for a little more front traction but with my driving style it was perfect because I like to drift the car and steer with the rear end. I throw around my pro 4 alot.

Originally Posted by 9turn
Matt are you seeing any benefit of the big four shocks over the normal 10 mm #a B 4 or a T4 sc10 with the mip piston and what are they
I do like the 12mm AE shocks. They seem to really soak up alot of the track. It launches and lands better. Also Im using a Kyosho SCR kit right now in mine. U will also need to use a cut out bladder from a losi SCTE shock and put it in the top of the shock cap to make it bleed correctly. Hope this helps man.

Regards,

Matt
Old 02-28-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Hey Matt it's a small indoor track , it has a lot of 90 degree turns ,so hard to,pitch , I will try 5 in the center and see if that helps. Thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Matt it's a small indoor track , it has a lot of 90 degree turns ,so hard to,pitch , I will try 5 in the center and see if that helps. Thanks
Try dropping down to 2k in the rear if you don't get the result you're looking for. I like my truck to rotate on it's own rather than drift like Matt does. My 2 cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.