Search
Like Tree31Likes

Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MIP MATT
Hi guys, this is Matt over at Morre's Ideal Products better known as MIP. I would like to start a new MIP based thread so I can get some feedback about our products. The good, the bad, and everything in-between, bring it all on ! I'm the customer service/ tech guy over here so if you have any questions, or need help, make sure to hit me up.

Regards,

Matt
Customer Service/Tech Support
I had MIP Standard Duty CVDs for my Slash 4X4 and they didn't last very long. It is the only MIP product I have not been 100% satisfied with.

One reccomendation I would make is to machine the coupler that mates to the diff so that it uses a crosspin all the way through the diff output like the Traxxas drive yokes. Attempting to hold the outdrive on with those 4-40 set-screws is a laugh. They came loose the first time I ran it. So I cut down regular socket head cap screws so I had a 3/32" drive and could really torque them down. Even that and red locktite was not enough to keep them in place with on my HV4.5 powered Slash. But shortly after the second time I tightened them, a stub axle split at the CVD joint, so it didn't make too much difference. I would not buy replacements until they are made to use a crosspin instead of setscrews.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ta_man
I had MIP Standard Duty CVDs for my Slash 4X4 and they didn't last very long. It is the only MIP product I have not been 100% satisfied with.

One reccomendation I would make is to machine the coupler that mates to the diff so that it uses a crosspin all the way through the diff output like the Traxxas drive yokes. Attempting to hold the outdrive on with those 4-40 set-screws is a laugh. They came loose the first time I ran it. So I cut down regular socket head cap screws so I had a 3/32" drive and could really torque them down. Even that and red locktite was not enough to keep them in place with on my HV4.5 powered Slash. But shortly after the second time I tightened them, a stub axle split at the CVD joint, so it didn't make too much difference. I would not buy replacements until they are made to use a crosspin instead of setscrews.
We actually have an upgrade program for those older slash 4x4 sets. If you send in your old 4x4 set and 20 bucks we upgrade you to an Xduty kit. Referring to the cross-pin, we found that the dual set screw connection had 2 advantages if assembled to the diff nub correctly. One it wouldn't created slop like a pin would, and two it wont snap pins. Also if you're spinning them you could alway break out a dremel and indent that hole a little more to make sure its secure and the set screw is in a little further and tight!.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Since your making a chassis for the SCTE, any chance of making a full one piece chassis for the sc10 4x4, or any other parts for it? Thanks
Its allot easier to do with the SCTE because its like an 8 scale were you have 3 main parts front, rear, and center diff. You can always change chassis as long as you have those 3 easy mounting points. Since the SC10 4x4 is a molded chassis design its a bit more complicated. If you have any ideas of how to make a chassis for it PM me and we can get some sketches going.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Realshocks for the Team Durango Fat Shocks please!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Matt, Thanks the help and great customer service today. Much appreciated.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Its allot easier to do with the SCTE because its like an 8 scale were you have 3 main parts front, rear, and center diff. You can always change chassis as long as you have those 3 easy mounting points. Since the SC10 4x4 is a molded chassis design its a bit more complicated. If you have any ideas of how to make a chassis for it PM me and we can get some sketches going.
Ok maybe I was going a little overboard with the chassis since I would have no clue on how to do one lol...... How about a diff kit for the sc10 4x4 and cvds?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Shiny B44.1 dogbones!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

sc10 outdrives that will not wear please.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Does MIP plan on making cvd's for the Kyosho SCT??? I'm tried of seeing the kit ones break.

Love your products. I have a 3/32 ball end wrench from 1988 and still works great.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
Ok maybe I was going a little overboard with the chassis since I would have no clue on how to do one lol...... How about a diff kit for the sc10 4x4 and cvds?
hahahaha ... and yes we have bypass1 pistons coming out for those shocks and were looking into drive trains for them. Are the normal ones wearing out or breaking?
Old 03-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kent Beal
Does MIP plan on making cvd's for the Kyosho SCT??? I'm tried of seeing the kit ones break.

Love your products. I have a 3/32 ball end wrench from 1988 and still works great.
Were on it right now! Should be available very soon. I know you guys are wanting them bad.... don't worry MIP will save the day hahahah
Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Murray100
sc10 outdrives that will not wear please.
What kind of punishment are you putting them through? Are you using the same Cvd bones and wearing out the outdrives pre maturely? Rule of thumb, replace outdrives and CVDs at the same time.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jkirkwood
Matt, Thanks the help and great customer service today. Much appreciated.
Thanks for all the support! We're hear for you guys
Old 03-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

hahahaha ... and yes we have bypass1 pistons coming out for those shocks and were looking into drive trains for them. Are the normal ones wearing out or breaking?
So far I've been one of the lucky ones, but there are alot of others that are experiencing the idler gears wearing out quickly as well as the sun gears......So I'm sure you'd get alot of buyers if you guys developed a diff kit for it, I know I'd buy them ;-)
Old 03-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Do you have any suggested starting points on bypass setup for those of us in smooth conditions who want to increase rebound?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.