Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default Set up fopr carpet

Hello Guys:

We are running on indoor carpet, Im having problems with traction roll and can't lower the truck more. Any suggestion?? or Setups.I will look around on this tread. I just saw the solution to my rear diff problem, (one complete rebuild on each race)

Hope can find a good solution for carpent, btw the carpet is just regular office gray carpet.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium
Hello Guys:

We are running on indoor carpet, Im having problems with traction roll and can't lower the truck more. Any suggestion?? or Setups.I will look around on this tread. I just saw the solution to my rear diff problem, (one complete rebuild on each race)

Hope can find a good solution for carpent, btw the carpet is just regular office gray carpet.
for indoor stuff you have to raise everything on the truck or go up in shock oil and springs and move you camber links up and lengthen them also that should help the truck to stop from rolling in the turn the stiffer it is the less it will roll. a lot of guy do a 8 mm mod on the ball-stud also they say it work wonders with the rear you will have to get some longer ball studs i think and some 3mm washer too. i don't run indoor but it the opposite of outside setup basically. so maybe look for something from wild cherry he run indoor and love his idea. you gonna have to look back some pages though to find it if he dont post up.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

imrob you have a pm
Old 12-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I got an actual carpet setup I was using. if you would like to see it email me.

But as imrob described, the one thing that did the most to remove traction roll was raising the inner ball stud height on the rear tower. I was up to 5 to 7mm to fully get rid of traction rolling.

on the front, I believe I was at 3mm or more under the ball stud to take away some bite.

Wild Cherries setups can be useful as well since he running on a higher traction condition, probably go up a spring rate over what he is using imho on carpet.

I was using the Front springs on the rear mod, Blue Fronts on the rear and loved its performance.

Speaking of Setup, one I sent to someone didn't show up in there pdf, so here is what I suggested to a buddy awhile ago for carpet when he was starting:

Here is some general setup settings I would try for carpet, if using stock pistons try 2.5W heavier oil:

FRONT
- Diff fluid 10K or 15K since you are using the VTS slipper (8 Pins if Center Diff)
- 5mm under ball stud
- Ball stud outer position on tower
- Middle position of shocks on tower
- RC Shox Pistons
- 30W shock oil (Losi, AE may be different rating)) on RC Shox Pistons
- Shocks outer position on the a-arm
- Back position on steering rack
- Yellow Front Shock springs
- 2.2mm sway bar
- Camber -1 setting
- Zero degree toe in
- stock 20T Pulley
- Full Time 4x4

Rear
- Diff Fluid 5K
-7mm under ball stud (using 12mm ballstuds on rear)
- Ball stud inner position on tower
- Inner position of shocks on tower
- RC Shox Pistons
- 25W Shock oil (Losi, AE may be different rating)
- Shocks outer position on the a-arm
- Blue Front springs on shock
- 2.0mm sway bar
- Stock 20T pulley
- 3-2 Toe Block Setting
- Camber -1 setting
- Medium wheelbase position
- B position on rear hub

This would be with the Exotek Chassis, so if no exotek chassis you could try going down 1 spring rate rear, possibly front too, and possibly same on sway bars, down to next lower rate.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you guys will check all that.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey just purchased another sc10 4x4 again after getting out of the 4wd for a couple of years, What is a good set up that I can use and as well I remember when I did have this truck there was a really easy way to dis-assemble the tranny with illustrated pics of how to remove the tranny's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thx
Old 12-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Legend

how would you describe your track conditions as well as tires that work on it?

Also, what all does your SC10 4x4 come with as far as upgrades beyond factory team spec? (or, if its not at factory team spec, what all does it have like VTS Slipper, etc)

This info can help on some suggestions as far as what to go with for setups, etc.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

The track I race mostly on is a out door 1/10 track but its big enough that we are also able to run truggies on. Track surface is packed dirt not clay. The only upgrades it has is the chassis stiffener and sway bars. Also make stops at a indoor clay track in the winter and run 3 races a summer on 1/8 tracks.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by J-RO
The track I race mostly on is a out door 1/10 track but its big enough that we are also able to run truggies on. Track surface is packed dirt not clay. The only upgrades it has is the chassis stiffener and sway bars. Also make stops at a indoor clay track in the winter and run 3 races a summer on 1/8 tracks.
So basically the stock 2 pad slipper correct?

Personally, I was quite happy with the RC Shox Center Diff and felt it gave me the best performance in that area with adjustability, but its not cheap.

At a minimum, you may find going with some garodiscs gives you much more consistent performance over the stock slipper setup. Based on what people have said, it appears similar in performance to the regular VTS Slipper setup.

You could also try the Exotek option. This is pretty cheap, and I have heard people liking it but never used it since I already had the center diff.

If the surface is bumpy, you can probably find benefit to using 2 stage or similar pistons. I really liked the RC Shox ones. worked great indoors carpet and outdoors big loose track.

For a recommendation on a setup on AE sites, if I was started like you are, I probably would give Max's setup a look, though, he does use MIP pistons I believe.

If you would like a loose track setup to try, send me your email. I have one that prior to selling the vehicle I was quite happy with. It uses several option parts, but, you can modify as needed for your usage.

I would however recommend picking up the M2C rear toe in block as that extra bit of toe in on the rear was a REAL LIFE SAVER for me to get the rear end to stick on the sc10 4x4.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

[email protected] for set ups, thx!!
Old 12-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Legend

sent. Feel free to change it as you need, I won't be offended

all I ask is that you report back what works for you so someone else can get some help if they need it.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Sounds good thx!
Old 12-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Any good set ups for a indoor clay track med-high grip very little dust.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Legend

there are some good ones on AE's site I would suggest looking there first. You can also msg Wild Cherry and he probably has one that will work, or Shark413.

Make sure and ask though for ones that will fit the gear you have as they may have setups currently that are for the SC10 4x4 in a lite configuration which may differ than what you are running.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have been playing with my shock setup for a high bite clay track and I've found a setup that works awesome. I went to 32.5wt in the front and 30wt in the rear with blue springs all around with 1.2 pistons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.