Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Borik
Thanks for the info guys. I really like this truck and can't wait to run it. I know maintenance and tuning is a necessary evil but damn those diffs are tucked in good.
The servo saver is no peach either, lol... had to replace one at the track yesterday.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Servo saver is the only part I've broken besides a swaybar mount. Yusss is is a pain to replace. If you break furring a race you might as well pack it up. Lol
Old 11-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What about the aluminum strc steering bell crank set. Anyone try that? Good investment or not?
Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Borik
What about the aluminum strc steering bell crank set. Anyone try that? Good investment or not?
Yep...been running it for the last couple of months after breaking a couple of glued original servo savers.

I run it with the nut tightened all the way down = more responsive

Bent
Old 11-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I just got home from the Arizona State Races at SRS and took a 5th place spot. Not bad considering how many of the fast guys were in town for this. I had a hell of a time with my truck on an outdoor track. It was very hard packed and run dry. SUPER hard on tires and so much traction that it literally ate your tires after a heat. I went through two sets in the two days of races and one practice day. It was like concrete out there!

I was nearly the fastest truck off the line I felt and was told by several others too. My issue was on the infield and turns. I just couldnt keep my speed up through it. To top that off I had one driver that was very fast but not very polite and out of control when passing and being passed. She, yes SHE would nail you or cut you off all the time, cause some big pile ups and was just a drain to be drive near. Great fun though. I just need to work on my cornering and speed in the turns and I'll be set.

Couple cool shots I took from todays mains.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

were you finding you needing to slow down to make the turns and keep the rear end planted or, was it too planted for you and wouldn't rotate fast enough?

Care to post your setup?
Old 11-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

If anybodys interested i have a fully modded sc104x4 and b44.1 for sale,they are both like new and i am asking 400 for both, pm me for full details
Old 11-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
Servo saver is the only part I've broken besides a swaybar mount. Yusss is is a pain to replace. If you break furring a race you might as well pack it up. Lol
I broke a saver once ... O-man !

Ran well against the MIp yesterday, I lost only due to 2 small mistakes ..

We did qualified just few hundreds of a sec apart...
very close...

Thinking of trying something new later this week ...

16mm BB Shock !!!

O-yeeaa..

Like going to
Big Bores for the Sc10 4x4...

Thinking the mod would help the truck on the jumps & landings..
Old 11-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

interesting geo! i wanna c it.
I was talking with justin Gilkenson the other night and he told me he thinks the truck might be better if the shock towers were wider, so the shocks could be mounted furthur out on the towers and arms.
whadda ya guys think about that?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
interesting geo! i wanna c it.
I was talking with justin Gilkenson the other night and he told me he thinks the truck might be better if the shock towers were wider, so the shocks could be mounted furthur out on the towers and arms.
whadda ya guys think about that?
Can already go a hole wider if we wished too ...

traction levels are not high enough to warrant that switch .
Maybe for carpet ?
Idea would be nice to try ? JMO

Know from experience how the BB shock worked for the B4 .
Think the 16mm is a good direction instead of a wider tower.
Betting this will add some stability & plusher landings off the jumps.

O-man .... Tommorow ?
Looking for Scotty's dusty Rc8 and some good testing..
Old 11-19-2012, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi guys,
Just joined the SC10 4X4 club
Been reading for 3 weeks, and I am currently on page 1074 of the thread so I'm halfway thru
Its been fun and informative so far. I'm currently reading where the center diff has come into existence

Will be buying more upgrades soon but am having fun bashing nicely
Till I finish the thread and decide what else to buy besides the few things I've gotten as a result of what I've read here
I've seen alot of changes in the development and progression of knowledge on the truck and its only getting better can't wait to see what the next 1000 pages brings.

I've read about MTK's basket, Garodisks, Pinned Mod, Diff bearing mod, Center diff, track star orings, ackerman bar, and its only getting better.
Not to mention the discourse between members you know who you are
I'm running Maifields set up currently posted on Associated website.

Spektrum DX3S with Telemitry RX
Savox 1258
Plus a cap in the rx box and have had no dreaded brown outs See reading helps I don't know if I even need the cap but works so why risk it lol.
Castle 1410 3800 motor and SCT ESC geared 15/62
RPM Arms Front/Back
Team metal wheel hexes
Team Shock pins
Team CVA Cup
Team sway bar kits currently running blue 2.0 front and rear for a hard clay track
JConcepts wheel nuts
JConcepts Undertray when muddy but makes my electronics run hot

The trucks been completely rebuilt like new with the help of a local racer
Having fun and I couldn't help getting some of that blue bling, still debating on getting the full screw kit? Maybe down the road but damn if that Exotek Chassis isn't calling my name
and as you can tell by my user name I really like this truck
I hope to be racing it soon, just have to wait for my motor and esc to get back from castle ups tracking says today
These guys have great customer service, 24 hour turn around and sent me a new motor and esc
Hope to be a contributing member in the future.
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-2012-11-19_05-38-55_968.jpg   SC10 4x4 Thread-2012-11-19_05-42-24_365.jpg   SC10 4x4 Thread-2012-11-19_05-47-04_252.jpg  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
were you finding you needing to slow down to make the turns and keep the rear end planted or, was it too planted for you and wouldn't rotate fast enough?

Care to post your setup?
Much to planted and I had trouble getting it rotated through the turns.

Setup:
Front:Yellow springs in front 35W associated oil. Shocks all the way in top, out bottom. 5k oil in diff. 20T pulley, tried the 19T and it was way worse. Tried clicker on, a bit better but a pain to drive so went back to locked down tight. 80 ounces on sided of servo (may try 40 since I use the exotek chassis but flew great) Bump steer set so toe was neutral through entire range up travel. Forgot how many spacer but no more than 3 of the stock associated blue thing ones. Orange barcodes all 4 corners.

Center ball diff installed, tried the VTS and I still feel the diff is superior in all situations.

Rear:
Blue front springs 30W oil. Tops center, bottoms out. 3k oil in diff 20T Pulley. 5mm of spacers for roll center. +8 was to much and I never had traction roll issues at 5mm. M2C rear block at 3.5 with holes lower so should be 0 anti-squat or lowest it goes.

Motor was the new Hacker SC 4 pole at 5.5 and was plenty fast with a 15T pinion. Temp good at about 150-170 with a RX8. I need to bring down my current limiter though, to much power at 100% Can get away with 85 I bet, however I did finish an 8 min A-main with no problems at all using a 5100 65C saddle pack.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acill
Much to planted and I had trouble getting it rotated through the turns.

Rear:
Blue front springs 30W oil. Tops center, bottoms out. 3k oil in diff 20T Pulley. 5mm of spacers for roll center. +8 was to much and I never had traction roll issues at 5mm. M2C rear block at 3.5 with holes lower so should be 0 anti-squat or lowest it goes.
Have you tried 3.25° or even stock 3.0° on the m2c with your current setup? Should release the rear end a bit for you.
Or even stay with 3.5° but with-1° anti squat. That will put a lot more of the traction in the front with the trucks weight not transferring to the back as much. Should be easy to get to for tuning adjustments.

Also, how many pins are you running in the C-Diff? How much have you played with that adjustment? More pins may help to take some of the drive from the front and spread it more evenly front to back. Loose tracks you want less pins, high bite tracks you want more.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
Have you tried 3.25° or even stock 3.0° on the m2c with your current setup? Should release the rear end a bit for you.
Or even stay with 3.5° but with-1° anti squat. That will put a lot more of the traction in the front with the trucks weight not transferring to the back as much. Should be easy to get to for tuning adjustments.

Also, how many pins are you running in the C-Diff? How much have you played with that adjustment? More pins may help to take some of the drive from the front and spread it more evenly front to back. Loose tracks you want less pins, high bite tracks you want more.
+1 . Thankfully to change the rear toe block setting isn't like changing the diff fluid
Old 11-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

I've only got 4 pins in the ball diff so I think adding some more is a definite start. I thought it was the other way around for some reason, I can try to play with the M2C blocks a bit too. Both are a quick fix and easy to do. How many more pins do you think I should go up? The track is beyond a high bite track right now, lol!

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.