Search
Like Tree5Likes

SC10 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
But if you don't try it out WC, how do you know that you are using the best?

I guess I figure AE will eventually come out with something similar to the RCShox Center Diff just like the VTS is similar to the other clutch basket setups, so why wait?
it's pointless. If he he is partially sponsored or fully sponsored by AE he can't run aftermarket products period (even if he wanted to). Only AE, JConcepts, LRP, Reedy, etc just like the pro drivers.

It's really easy to see how he gets under so many people's skin LOL.

Has anybody even seen this dude race? Video? I'd love to see.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evil Genius jr.
From my lawn dart fest on the first practice day at the new track the screw holding the front skid plate on has ripped out of the chassis. Is there anyway to get it to stay in or do I have to buy a new front chassis?
For situations like this I use a product that you can get at home depot... Forget the exact name but its located in the hardware area near the middle, at mine at least. It's about 2 bucks, looks sorta like small metal pieces of cheese grater, and is made for fixing stripped screw holes. Cut a small piece and put it in the hole, then screw in the screw. Hope this helps
Old 05-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
it's pointless. If he he is partially sponsored or fully sponsored by AE he can't run aftermarket products period (even if he wanted to). Only AE, JConcepts, LRP, Reedy, etc just like the pro drivers.

It's really easy to see how he gets under so many people's skin LOL.

Has anybody even seen this dude race? Video? I'd love to see.
That's false.

The chassis braces a lot of the guys were using were made by fastlap.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

oh

my bad. rolleyes lol
Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

oh

my bad. rolleyes lol
You do understand that a lot of guys are able to run whatever they want if it makes the vehicles perform better, right?
Old 05-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

not true for sponsored drivers. You do understand that right?

let me clarify before this pissing match goes any further.

People like Cavalieri/Mayfield , (pro sponsored drivers) is what I'm talking about.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

People like Cavalieri/Mayfield , (pro sponsored drivers) is what I'm talking about.
Well, Cav runs a LOT of aftermarket things on his cars. Things that don't even belong on said vehicle, kyo springs, etc. It's a debate that you can argue on for hours, but you're wrong.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 07Forester
You do understand that a lot of guys are able to run whatever they want if it makes the vehicles perform better, right?

In a way you're both right. Some will run aftermarket parts and simply not make mention of it. For example, Adam Drake ran Hitec servos way before he was officially sponsored by them, he just pulled off the stickers. Others have conditions in their contract that allows the use of certain aftermarket parts. We learned a lot about this when we were getting pros to run our brushless conversions and other hop-ups.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Take a look at some setup sheets. Usually in the comments section you can see where aftermarket parts are. Cav, Mai, etc have all listed NUMEROUS parts at BIG events. So, an argument for "it was just a club race" holds no water.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
In a way you're both right. Some will run aftermarket parts and simply not make mention of it. For example, Adam Drake ran Hitec servos way before he was officially sponsored by them, he just pulled off the stickers. Others have conditions in their contract that allows the use of certain aftermarket parts.
Exactly, but the point he is trying to make is they are NOT allowed to run aftermarket goods, which is 100% totally false.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Exactly, but the point he is trying to make is they are NOT allowed to run aftermarket goods, which is 100% totally false.
Well... almost 100% false. We had drivers that were specifically told they were not allowed to run our conversion. That is more than of an exception though, other than that, I completely agree with what you're saying.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I think it depends on the part. I chassis brace is not an obvious upgrade and unless you are under the hood with a microscope most would never know what brand or who made it. There are quite a few factory guys using My garodisc and a handfull using the pistons but they will not say due to their sponsorship agreements, things like that are different than lets say and Exotec chassis and STRC aluminum pcs. AE is in the game to sell trucks so its in their best interest to have their drivers kick ass with what appears to be a stock truck. Wouldnt look good if the factory guys production vehicles are anything but and we could all blatantly see it.

On another note, have any of you actually went back to the front blue springs in the front? Today i switched to front whites in the rear and front blues in the front. switching between the DESC and SC10 the first thing i notice is how the front just isnt as planted and seems springy, feels good on the bench. I also went down to 325/275 oils to compensate for the softer springs.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
Well... almost 100% false. We had drivers that were specifically told they were not allowed to run our conversion. That is more than of an exception though, other than that, I completely agree with what you're saying.
I would probably go on a limb and saay that the BIG team drivers can pretty much run whatever they want on their vehicles barred the chassis stays the same. By that I mean, as long as the majority of the chassis stays the same and they are winning...it's a no brainer.

Companies have realized that sometimes you need to follow suit. Prime example is, AE losing sales of springs to losi. AE came on the attack because the word was out that big bores are the way to go on the B4 platform and oddly enough...they are in the testing stages. It will stop people from running aftermarket, the team drivers will adapt (most likely) and the money of spring and shock upgrades goes back into AE's bank acct.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I would probably go on a limb and saay that the BIG team drivers can pretty much run whatever they want on their vehicles barred the chassis stays the same. By that I mean, as long as the majority of the chassis stays the same and they are winning...it's a no brainer.

Companies have realized that sometimes you need to follow suit. Prime example is, AE losing sales of springs to losi. AE came on the attack because the word was out that big bores are the way to go on the B4 platform and oddly enough...they are in the testing stages. It will stop people from running aftermarket, the team drivers will adapt (most likely) and the money of spring and shock upgrades goes back into AE's bank acct.
There is a reason they have been around for soooo long, they are smart!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I think it depends on the part. I chassis brace is not an obvious upgrade and unless you are under the hood with a microscope most would never know what brand or who made it. There are quite a few factory guys using My garodisc and a handfull using the pistons but they will not say due to their sponsorship agreements, things like that are different than lets say and Exotec chassis and STRC aluminum pcs. AE is in the game to sell trucks so its in their best interest to have their drivers kick ass with what appears to be a stock truck. Wouldnt look good if the factory guys production vehicles are anything but and we could all blatantly see it.

On another note, have any of you actually went back to the front blue springs in the front? Today i switched to front whites in the rear and front blues in the front. switching between the DESC and SC10 the first thing i notice is how the front just isnt as planted and seems springy, feels good on the bench. I also went down to 325/275 oils to compensate for the softer springs.

Since I just got the truck up and running, the only thing i've been able to test so far is the blue/blue combo and the "almost" 8mm mod. The shorter springs in the rear make it a much more plush landing for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.