Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

Ok cool!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoyoteSlash
Now I can! I'm not going tobe building braces anymore!

I have other things in my life too!
Did you get the bearings in at the hobby shop?
Old 01-31-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Chris from AE has posted on here and did provide some useful information in the beginning of the thread that got us pointed in the right direction. As much as we would like them too they wont show us everything they do. Somethings pretty cool fail and hit the trash can at AE I bet. If I remember right this truck started getting designed 2 years ago. If we new about it we would have been bothering them every week about it. That is why no one has seen the B5 yet.
I don't think that we will see a b5 anytime soon, like the next five years or longer. The b4 platform is well proven. As far as cool stuff hitting the trashcan, I would lobe to see some of the stuff in there garbage, lol.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just ordered my MTK clutch basket. Now who is making the chassis braces? I also have the exotek chassis coming too.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
Chris from AE has posted on here and did provide some useful information in the beginning of the thread that got us pointed in the right direction. As much as we would like them too they wont show us everything they do. Somethings pretty cool fail and hit the trash can at AE I bet. If I remember right this truck started getting designed 2 years ago. If we new about it we would have been bothering them every week about it. That is why no one has seen the B5 yet.
Cameron I totally agree with you. The exception of Chris Jarosz who was real helpful when this truck first came out with tips setup. Not to pick on him but where was he or any other from AE to chime in once people started seeing issues. Where was the tip on the weak slipper, flexing chassis, belt skip, warping arms, lack of balance with stick packs, horrible clicking from the rear sun gear (which I did talk to someone at the AE tent at the Lucas Oil Offroad Expo in Pomona,Ca this past Oct. He said it was most def my belt skipping that was causing the click in the rear and the factory guys were having the same issue...yeah okay). I understand that they don't want to let the cat out of the bag on new stuff coming out as they are just testing like the big bore shocks and springs for the B4.1 or as you joked the B5. But I see nothing on this new truck that was a big secret. It's all stuff we already knew about and you smart guys have made fixes for. Can anyone name one thing about this version that is new that was a top secret prototype now released to the masses? (Theme from Jeopardy playing)
Old 01-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Everybody knows the ft came out today. With proper clutch system !!chassis brace. All blue screws. Blue turnbuckles. And saddle tray all built in. Ok stop buying theese other parts the masters have spoken

Go to

Www.rc10.com

This is why i have been running only ae parts in exclusion of just my front shock orings

So amped to see the bew ft kit
Old 01-31-2012, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thank you to RC Tech members for making the FT truck possible - six months ago...
Old 01-31-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
Thank you to RC Tech members for making the FT truck possible - six months ago...
+10000000000000000 lol
Old 01-31-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zenfilmz.com
Everybody knows the ft came out today. With proper clutch system !!chassis brace. All blue screws. Blue turnbuckles. And saddle tray all built in. Ok stop buying theese other parts the masters have spoken

Go to

Www.rc10.com

This is why i have been running only ae parts in exclusion of just my front shock orings

Amen brother!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:47 PM

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

+2

Cameron, No I didn't. I kept putting it off.

They'll be here Friday.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Chad Smith;10258682]You dont want to take material off of the outdrives you will have to take it all the way off for it to not hit

You could dremel the a arm where it hits that would help. But you dont want to dremel to far then you will weaken the a arm.[/QUOTE

I think my dog bones hit the inner dia of my diff cups. Was not too worried about the arms.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
good info!

Got pics?
Here ya go.
Attached Thumbnails SC10 4x4 Thread-2012-02-01_00-50-13_723.jpg  
Old 01-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Just built a quick spreadsheet to compare the component cost of the various FT goodies vs. the new FT kit price. As expected, you get north of $300 with just the shipping FT upgrades (shocks, turnbuckles, sway bars, pins, hexes, screws, etc.), without even adding the new stuff (VTS slipper, battery cradle, brace, etc.) or the spare parts (arms, bones, towers, bumpers, wheels, bearings, etc.).

So, for those of us who haven't yet scored the FT stuff, the FT kit is a super value.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zenfilmz.com

Go to

Www.rc10.com

I'm confused are you being sarcastic? or are you saying that your glad you decided to forgo the upgrades that are clearly helpful just so that you can retard your performance in order to pay more for the same upgrades a year or so later?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

No im sayin Ae ae ae ae ae ae ae. (real loud sports guy annocer voice)

And im glad i waited for the the all time best rc company to make another one of the products better by paying attention. Ok ill pay and yeah i feel for the mtk guy and yeah i went slower all season.but i wasnt a full on loser and i enjoyed learning about this truck and btw i was grining watching hartson driving a 4 x today i was so amped just that he had a short bus and i had my 2x and was waiting to learn from a pro then im like what motor are u running he is like oh the reedy 550 immm like oooh wait. Then i ran to grab mine and dam he was gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.