Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fullpull
Some good racing for sure...Jeff,Doug and Josh just killing it out there..Low to mid 25's for lap times....Pretty sure that was the last time I'm gonna race my slash.

Getting into the truck tonight adding chrispin's and washers, center diff drive's. The Losi looked good right outa the box when Jeff was driving it..... killing it. I'm just woundering what kinda worms I might be opening going to Diff fluid's.

How you setting you'r diff's up?
Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Not sure yet. Kind of depends on what's on my shelf, haha. I put 5K in the front but that's the only one I did. I'm gonna set the whole truck up tomorrow. Probably start out with 5/5/3 since that's what I was running in my scrt10.

yea it was a blast,he made it interesting for sure. i set my diffs 3-3-2 , it handles awesome. idk what people are talking about with wear my tires after 5-6 nights of racing my grid irons still look decent, i plan on using them still, i did move my battery foward but everything else it stock as far as set up goes. one thing you wanna do it check your servo saver. Last night i noticed mine was loose, put loctite on it and have 2 threads showing now, i had so much more steering, this is wat caused some issues in the main because i had to get used to more steering
Old 07-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6
No wear whatsoever with the hd outdrives. Going on 50 packs now. The originals would show wear after 1-2 battery packs.
Originally Posted by ae-Dan
just put a set in my 810 today as the stockers were junked up bad but have not got to run it yet........ they can't be as bad as the stock ones and they are lighter!
Sweet thats the only thing that im worried about on my truck and dont wanna waste money on outdrives that are gonna wear again.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

so i completed my ten-t to SCTE conversion. only lightening that was done was titanium hinge pins and HD outdrives in the center. ready to race, it was 6 pounds, 5 ounces. seems light. what do they typically weigh right out of the box?

electronics: tenshock 3663 motor, hobbywing SC8 esc (feels like a tank), savox 1258, gens ace 5000mah 40C 2 cell.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

6lb 5oz is about normal. 550 motors it will be around 6lb 7oz. Not a TON of effort but some key parts and a little shaving getting close to 6lb is not super hard.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
6lb 5oz is about normal. 550 motors it will be around 6lb 7oz. Not a TON of effort but some key parts and a little shaving getting close to 6lb is not super hard.
any reason you can't mount the esc directly to the chassis and cut off the esc platform on the battery tray?
Old 07-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
any reason you can't mount the esc directly to the chassis and cut off the esc platform on the battery tray?
It works fine on the chassis , just use some extra layers of servo tape for cushion.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i just picked up my new scte ,and the first thing i looked at was the battery tray and thought ill cut the esc tray off first and go from there.i cut the esc tray off my buggy and used 3 or 4 layers of servo tape and my rx8 has been fine.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

I was wondering how you guys have your battery wired?

I plan on running these packs and it says it comes with a bullet connector? Would I just need to connect these to my 12 Gauge wire and the solder on to the ESC?

Also for the charging, are you guys using a banana plug to female deans connector? I currently using a banana to male deans to charge my 4s packs for my 1/8 buggy so I figured I can just use a banana plug to female deans adapter to charge my 2S packs.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-ROAR-Approved
Old 07-04-2011, 04:04 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Default ten-t bumper pics

Could somebody with T-bone ten-t bumpers post some front and rear pics of it with the body on? Also Could you measure the width of the front bumper?
Old 07-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
It works fine on the chassis , just use some extra layers of servo tape for cushion.
Originally Posted by BC slasher
i just picked up my new scte ,and the first thing i looked at was the battery tray and thought ill cut the esc tray off first and go from there.i cut the esc tray off my buggy and used 3 or 4 layers of servo tape and my rx8 has been fine.
Keep in mind if you trim it and put some holes in it you can still use it.. when you take the esc off the tray you also make it much harder to clean. I run my lipo's vertical and with a very cut up tray, even lowered, but I left the esc portion; at least enough material to mount the mmp.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

How did the pins, shims and blocks look in your diffs?

Originally Posted by badassrevo
The rear diff went bad on my truck today. I have been running the Chrispins from day one. The spider gears lost their teeth. I did the OFNA mod at the track and had it back together in time for the main. It was areally good turn out today, there were 19 4x4 SCT in attendance. I qualed 5th and finished 5th.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by umm winning
Just bought a chris kit and got the lightened outdrives cant wait to put it together

(A-main hobbies HD lightened outdrives aren't on backorder anymore probably wont last long )
what is a Chris Kit?
Old 07-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by sluggoman
what is a Chris Kit?
Take a look at the guys signature that posted above you, he sell's hardened pins, washers and bushings to replace the stock ones that wear pretty quickly.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BC slasher
This is the ONLY product I mount my esc's with. It is not cheap but it is the BEST hands down. I shouldn't tell yall about it because it's always backordered to begin with, but I have a nice stash in my tool box It reminds me of that ballistics gel you seed on those CSI shows, and Mythbusters. This stuff IS the best thing since sliced bread.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ng-Gel-1-Sheet
Old 07-04-2011, 08:15 AM
KIK
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
How did the pins, shims and blocks look in your diffs?
I raced with badassrevo yesterday and my rear diff went out in the main. My diffs are stock except for your pins. Spider gears and the shim behind the sun gears showed wear. Chris pins, stock blocks, and the small shims still looked new. I will be doing the ofna mod next.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.