Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mulepic
I checked mine, there is more than an inch available.
Just make sure that when you interlock the there is enough clearance so the pins will fully interlock and measure .118 across both.

Let me know how you make out
Old 04-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just a couple updates...

Lots of shipments of parts coming right now guys. We checked in a bunch yesterday including wheels, another shipment is on its way, and then another large one is being air shipped. So, we should be all caught up soon enough.

Hopefully all the pin stuff will be behind us in a little over a week. Those of you that called or filled out the form should receive your pins starting on the 20th if I'm doing the math right.

And all the aftermarket stuff should be here the end of this month.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Just a couple updates...

Lots of shipments of parts coming right now guys. We checked in a bunch yesterday including wheels, another shipment is on its way, and then another large one is being air shipped. So, we should be all caught up soon enough.

Hopefully all the pin stuff will be behind us in a little over a week. Those of you that called or filled out the form should receive your pins starting on the 20th if I'm doing the math right.

That's great to hear Ryan, thanks for the update!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Just a couple updates...

does that include body mount posts just broke one also had the screw in the motor mount snap off so that's shot but I was able to order a new motor mount at least
Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jurquhart
does that include body mount posts just broke one also had the screw in the motor mount snap off so that's shot but I was able to order a new motor mount at least
The latest air shipment has those in it so they will be in stock around 4/22.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ryan, please tell me there are some gold springs in one of these shipments. My car looks sad in the front with mediums on it.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone tried the Desert Rat body for the slash on this truck? It's the one with the mirrors and my favorite body style.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AMorgan
Ryan, please tell me there are some gold springs in one of these shipments. My car looks sad in the front with mediums on it.
Huh, I guess mine does too then as myself, mike, casper, aaron..etc all run the medium front ...but yes, there are gold and silver springs in those shipments.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Ryan,

I'm using a setup from Casey Peck as a baseline and he uses the hard front springs. Following his setup, it NEEDS those gold fronts (the front is super super soft with medium springs on there) so I'm happy to hear they're coming. After I test the baseline I'll have a better idea of whether I wasted time waiting
Old 04-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Ryan,

I'm using a setup from Casey Peck as a baseline and he uses the hard front springs. Following his setup, it NEEDS those gold fronts (the front is super super soft with medium springs on there) so I'm happy to hear they're coming. After I test the baseline I'll have a better idea of whether I wasted time waiting
I was just teasing ya a little bit. Yeah, for the more burly outdoor tracks, gold works well in the front. For the faster smoother tracks, we go to the medium spring.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I wasted time waiting
Lol!! I'm not sure that is possible.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASATRUGGYFAN
Have an RX8 with Tekin 5.5 going to be run on 2S in Florida on a Large indoor track. Already getting pretty hot here(almost 90 this weekend). Whats a good starting point for pinion and all of the settings. New "again" to Electric after running Nitro for the last 8-9 years. Bought one of these and the 2wd Losi to do some SC racing, Electric technology has came a loooooooooong way.
I will be there as well and have a lot of laps on that track with this truck. Look me up and I'll do my best to get you setup. Look for the solid orange one, that will be me.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

No problem, Ryan. I know that tuning the suspension is part of it, so having some options is always a good idea. The tracks I run are also rarely smooth tracks, usually larger with some ruts, etc. Either way I'm looking forward to our race season starting soon.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

No problem, Ryan. I know that tuning the suspension is part of it, so having some options is always a good idea. The tracks I run are also rarely smooth tracks, usually larger with some ruts, etc. Either way I'm looking forward to our race season starting soon.
Yeah, it is always good to have some options...and soon we will have more too.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
I ran both 16t and 15t pinions. I was getting up to about 170 with the 16t so I backed it off and ran 15t all last weekend, came off around 150. On a bigger track, 16 would probably work better and not get so hot.

That drag is ridiculous at times. The 4x4 drivetrain alone slows the truck in the corners...then couple it with that magnet action and turning the wheels is like hitting the brakes....seriously scrubs speed. I adapted by riding the throttle a little through the turns, but it never felt natural and i think it cost me some consistency. Might work well for some people, but it just doesn't "feel" right to me.

I never noticed it jumping because I'm always on throttle leaving the jumpface.....but I would imagine that chopping the throttle jumping would be pretty disastrous with that much drag
Any motor w/ strong magnets.. or that has motor drag or even drive train drag there is an easy fix.

lift the vehicle off the ground so your wheels can spin (work stand etc). Move your throttle position forward to the point the wheels start to spin with when in neutral. Set the vehicle down and it shouldn't move on it's own, if it does dial it back just enough so it doesn't move yet the wheels will spin in the air. This will provide super smooth cornering and make even the strongest motors feel like silk. I've been doing this for a while w/ my 1/8 ebuggy and truggy's. This gives a feel of a clutch to any pinion setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.