Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by

you sure it wasnt one of the first batches they shipped? mine is the 2nd and i got 40+ battery packs already without a single scratch on them

[URL=http://img834.imageshack.us/i/dscn0384s.jpg/
[/URL]
I'm not sure which batch Horizon sent. I just filled out the pins form and I though they were going to give out the new updated diffs pins. I don't think they would give out the same old pins that were weak?...
Old 06-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TonyTypeS
I'm not sure which batch Horizon sent. I just filled out the pins form and I though they were going to give out the new updated diffs pins. I don't think they would give out the same old pins that were weak?...
There are a handfull of first run trucks still being sold, so it is possible people are still getting bad pins. I just opened my second run and after some steady running with the stock grease, the pins are perfect aswell as the gears.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Mr.juarez;9320570]every thread is gonna have drama and eventually will go down hill. what goes up.... how did you bend the stock chassis? hard rear hit?

not real sure how i bent it or when i bent it dring the 10 min main. i have given the truck a pretty good beatin sincei got it in march. i am having trouble with the truck nose diving and i took some pretty nasty landings. i will try to get a pic and post when i get time.

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Wow, sounds like you've been busy, congrats on the newest family member and with your agriculture work, it sounds like you really haven't had a lot of time for SCTE related stuff. So in the months you've been away, you've missed quite a lot of stuff with this truck. Since it's a new truck, things do go at a pretty quick pace such as aftermarket offerings, or updates on factory run changes etc. which is why this thread grows so quickly as timannnn6 was pointing out, especially with the popularity and numbers this truck has sold. So him just being lighthearted and observant about it I'd say is a hell of a lot more useful than a lot of the banter that goes on. The fact that you pointed out that it has very little, if any, "helpfull" (by the way, helpful only has 1 "L" in it) just adds to the garbage often cluttering up these threads. He was just simply offering some kinda neat info that just might give us a slight chuckle or bead of pride about how popular our thread is. In all honesty, the stat that he stated about this thread shows that it has been a very helpful thread to many people. Now, instead of berating others for no good reason, how about you go ahead and get caught up in the latest info that is important to you since you own an SCTE and this is an SCTE thread. Here's one that directly relates and could be useful to you...BCE now offers a 7075 milled chassis that is significantly lighter AND stronger than the stock chassis. Since you bent your chassis, you could probably benefit from this

If you have any questions about what I or others think you should do to mod your truck and to keep some of this stuff from happening again that you experienced, I and others on this site can help you with that since you've been MIA for a few months. Also, keep an eye out for center cvd's in the not too distant future that will use set screws instead of the pins that many have had issues with popping out.

You had kind of a harsh tone to your post and it doesn't help anyone, so let's just chalk it up to sleepless nights from your new little one and long hours doing an often thankless but VERY important job. So, thank you for helping keep food on our plates as your source of livelihood, get some sleep and let's keep it friendly and informative Take care, man.
alright i flew off the handle. little stressed. not with the baby but with the farming deal. i need to borrow about 100k and everything will be smooth again!

i appologize to timannnn6.

i know about the new chassis. i bought Bobby Gately's stock chassis while admiring his BCE chassis at the AMS race.

I am having trouble with the truck nose diving. It may be the fact that might out drives are so worn that they are causing it to bind during suspension travel?? Or I may need a different suspension set up. I am running a 4 cell and a mamba 2200v>

What shock oil/spring combo would you suggest?

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I actually called about my pins and gear twice, both times they said they were on the way. I have yet to receive any.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=skyler hays;9323443]
Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
every thread is gonna have drama and eventually will go down hill. what goes up.... how did you bend the stock chassis? hard rear hit?

not real sure how i bent it or when i bent it dring the 10 min main. i have given the truck a pretty good beatin sincei got it in march. i am having trouble with the truck nose diving and i took some pretty nasty landings. i will try to get a pic and post when i get time.

alright i flew off the handle. little stressed. not with the baby but with the farming deal. i need to borrow about 100k and everything will be smooth again!

i appologize to timannnn6.

i know about the new chassis. i bought Bobby Gately's stock chassis while admiring his BCE chassis at the AMS race.

I am having trouble with the truck nose diving. It may be the fact that might out drives are so worn that they are causing it to bind during suspension travel?? Or I may need a different suspension set up. I am running a 4 cell and a mamba 2200v>

What shock oil/spring combo would you suggest?

Thanks.
It very well could be the huge battery and motor weighing down your truck, not to mention the drag an 8th scale motor has off throttle.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To me the t-bone bumpers are to ugly. I would put the new stock version on if I could find one to buy. The only reason my stock on broke is because there's this double that they put a 4" step down for 2-3 feet in the landing zone and the back bumper cought it a couple of times. Bumper lasted 12 packs so that's pretty good.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxr300ex
My SCTE came in today. I'm Going with a castle mmp and a 1410. Whats the best servo to run in this truck? I have a hi-tech 645 but don't know if that's going to be good enough.
I have the 645MG in mine and at a stop it is not quite strong enough but rolling it is fine. I would choose something a little stronger personally.

When the truck is on it's side it is not strong enough to turn the wheels either.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default diff pins

i just won a losi ten sct on sunday at our local race track and i was just wondering if there was a way of telling if it needs the diff pins replaced or if it has the new ones in it already? also was woundering what was a good gearing to start with i am using the mmp with the 550 can 5.5 trinty stock spur thanks
Old 06-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast toys
i just won a losi ten sct on sunday at our local race track and i was just wondering if there was a way of telling if it needs the diff pins replaced or if it has the new ones in it already? also was woundering what was a good gearing to start with i am using the mmp with the 550 can 5.5 trinty stock spur thanks
Grats! If there's a sticker on your battery tray (side facing the center driveshaft towards the rear of the tray) then you should have the updated pins.

I'm using a 15 tooth with my novak 550 5.5T and temping perfectly at around 140-150F on an outdoor track after about 10 mins. Pick up 14-17T pinions just so you can play around with it.

I recommend picking up the Losi carbon shock towers since you will most likely bend your rear tower after a good hit in the rear bumper.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TonyTypeS
All I see is burnt grease. When I hear or read worn pins, I expect to see actual grooves. Am I missing something here??

I said it before and many have also said it, "Just get Chrispins" and be done with it. It will be the best upgrade you give your rig.

As for guys waiting for their "replacement pins" from Losi or Horizon, it took mine about two months. They sent me three complete sets...it took forever...but I got them. Order your Chrispins and the turnaround time is 3-4 days if the moon and the planets are positioned just right.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fast toys
Nice!!! Now that's what I call a prize.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
It's not necessarily going to make you any faster.

All the fast guys winning with Losi's here haven't done anything to'em. Hell half of'em haven't even rebuilt the diffs.
It may make it faster, but I know it's not going to make it slower. Who cares what the fast guys near you have or haven't done?
Old 06-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Just received my SCTE today! very excited.

Can someone please post a pic between the new and old bumpers? I have the AA sticker on the side of the battery box.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
It may make it faster, but I know it's not going to make it slower. Who cares what the fast guys near you have or haven't done?
very true, but im sure most of "fast guys" are most likely using the cf towers, lw out drives, etc etc. (where this fast guys run how hot does it get?) sc-rage is right, it just comes down to preferences.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
All I see is burnt grease. When I hear or read worn pins, I expect to see actual grooves. Am I missing something here??

I said it before and many have also said it, "Just get Chrispins" and be done with it. It will be the best upgrade you give your rig.

As for guys waiting for their "replacement pins" from Losi or Horizon, it took mine about two months. They sent me three complete sets...it took forever...but I got them. Order your Chrispins and the turnaround time is 3-4 days if the moon and the planets are positioned just right.
lol that picture is not mines. My pins actually have grooves in them. They looks oval on the edges.
I will post a pic when I can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.