Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
well i got say i am about over this truck.
i got the bce chassic on hing pin insert shock bodys and anything eles the team guys are running.

but i cant find a set up this car works every weekend it just get wores.

any ideas on set up would be great clay indoor track.

the truck is lose one side the track then traction rolls on the other. i need something that works i had enought.
Man the 4 trucks in our group are money!!!! Maybe try goin back to stock setup for starters. Mines not far off. Luv the new chassis thought. Drives and jumps wayyyy better over stock imo....i went back to bladders in my shocks too seems more consistant to me
Old 01-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys I've been trying to find some lightened outdrives but amain, stormers etc... are all out of stock, anyone know who might have them in stock?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by krash'um
Guys I've been trying to find some lightened outdrives but amain, stormers etc... are all out of stock, anyone know who might have them in stock?
Not sure. But I just wanted to add that I was skeptical that outdrives that had less metal on them and were lighter would be stronger. My stock ones have mashed up good from the dog bones when I hit it hard (they still worked though). I swapped to the HD outdrives and I cant see any wear marks on them. So not only are they lighter, but stronger. Props.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I bought mine from amainhobbies but i bought them when they said limited quantities.As for the lightened out drives I have them on all 3 diffs and they show no wear so far and I put about 4 packs through them.my stockers were gone.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AgroAMG
Not sure. But I just wanted to add that I was skeptical that outdrives that had less metal on them and were lighter would be stronger. My stock ones have mashed up good from the dog bones when I hit it hard (they still worked though). I swapped to the HD outdrives and I cant see any wear marks on them. So not only are they lighter, but stronger. Props.
I think it is mainly due to a stronger material that they (HD outdrives) are made out of -OR- the weaker material that the stockers are mad out of...

+1 yeah they are a very good upgrade!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i think 1 of my LHS has them......Nitro RC ChopShop....901-794-0672....they open at 10am.....talk to Chris....tell him that Donnie sent you!....sorry he isnt on the web anymore......

P.S. i have a new set of stock ones......
Old 01-24-2012, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gawith0413
I'm having trouble pushing the gear out, do I need to just smack it out?
use a soft handled wrench.. and smack it. then you should be able to just punch it through after that..
Old 01-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

Does anybody know online where I can get lightend outdrives and the hard pivot balls?
Old 01-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
The bearing ID rides on the motor's output shaft. The bearing OD is pressed into big hole in the motor mount adapter shown below.

I see what your trying to do but I dont see any benafit to doing this. The reason I say this is because the output shaft is connected to the Rotor which is already riding on 2 bearings, I could see if the Pinion was heavy and creating a weird load at a angel like ( \ ) where it would be putting preasure on the rear bearing. But the Rotor is sitting in the 2 end bells both riding on bearings and there's hardly enough weight from the Pinion to cause a weird load or stress on the Motor.

I just dont see what there is to gain from a exatra bearing but possibly resistance and more drag on the shaft from them being together.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
I see what your trying to do but I dont see any benafit to doing this. The reason I say this is because the output shaft is connected to the Rotor which is already riding on 2 bearings, I could see if the Pinion was heavy and creating a weird load at a angel like ( \ ) where it would be putting preasure on the rear bearing. But the Rotor is sitting in the 2 end bells both riding on bearings and there's hardly enough weight from the Pinion to cause a weird load or stress on the Motor.

I just dont see what there is to gain from a exatra bearing but possibly resistance and more drag on the shaft from them being together.
Whatever the load is on the bearing no matter how small will be split in half with two bearings.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

The weight of the pinion is insignificant compared to the side load the pinion is putting on the shaft trying to turn the spur gear in a heavy truck like the SCTE. The motor is capable of producing over a HP. That's roughly 200 in/lbs of force. The bearings on the Pro4 motors are also roughly 50% closer together than the 550 motors. The same force at the pinion will cause the shaft to deflect at a greater angle in the Pro4 vs a 550. By doubling up the bearing you are reducing it's load by 50%.

The bearing that failed in my motor destroyed the retainer. The only way this can happen is overloading the bearing and spreading the balls apart until the retainer fails. The bearings in the Pro4 are probably close to their design limit under normal circumstances, add the shock load from landing a jump at full throttle and you could easily overload the bearing.

Chris

Originally Posted by namewasdallas

Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Chris, did you have any issue getting the pinion on all the way (so it aligns with the spur) once the extra bearing is there?
Old 01-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

No, the pinion still aligns perfectly. I would suggest adding a .1mm shim to keep the outer edge of the bearing from rubbing on the pinion.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Parts for just about any losi and more.

http://www.largescaleremotecontrol.com/Default.asp

hope this helps someone looking for parts....if a-main, nitro house, losi parts horizon. and a few other Google hobby's don't have it !!! Hot Rock might
Old 01-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
The bearing ID rides on the motor's output shaft. The bearing OD is pressed into big hole in the motor mount adapter shown below.

So what bearing size are we talking about. This sounds really interesting. So in actuality, you are making the hole smaller in the motor mount by putting this bearing in it and that will provide support for the rotor. Hmmm...interesting. Can some post a pix so I know I'm not reading this wrong. Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.