Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 09:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by porkchop
well i got say i am about over this truck.
i got the bce chassic on hing pin insert shock bodys and anything eles the team guys are running.

but i cant find a set up this car works every weekend it just get wores.

any ideas on set up would be great clay indoor track.

the truck is lose one side the track then traction rolls on the other. i need something that works i had enought.
I know that you know your stuff so I hate to say this but, everytime I have seen this on the Losi at the track it ended up being one of three things:

1. swaybar set to pull one arm higher than the other: adjust the endlink in or out

2. the new alum arm mounts somehow 'crooked' when tighten: loosen them and make sure the arms are free as you tighten screw small amount left then right repeat, measure left and right toe

3. droop screw gouged or moved somehow and left to right droop is not equal

I would also check left to right shock rebound

Mine is planted on indoor clay , aaron lane setup ALL the upgrades with gold barcodes
Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
The weight of the pinion is insignificant compared to the side load the pinion is putting on the shaft trying to turn the spur gear in a heavy truck like the SCTE. The motor is capable of producing over a HP. That's roughly 200 in/lbs of force. The bearings on the Pro4 motors are also roughly 50% closer together than the 550 motors. The same force at the pinion will cause the shaft to deflect at a greater angle in the Pro4 vs a 550. By doubling up the bearing you are reducing it's load by 50%.

The bearing that failed in my motor destroyed the retainer. The only way this can happen is overloading the bearing and spreading the balls apart until the retainer fails. The bearings in the Pro4 are probably close to their design limit under normal circumstances, add the shock load from landing a jump at full throttle and you could easily overload the bearing.

Chris
i really hope this isnt an issue we all have to deal with.. seriously.. you would think that with a longer motor.. the bearings being farther apart.. that the load on the outer bearing would be more than if the shaft were shorter like in the pro4.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
i really hope this isnt an issue we all have to deal with.. seriously.. you would think that with a longer motor.. the bearings being farther apart.. that the load on the outer bearing would be more than if the shaft were shorter like in the pro4.
Shaft length doesn't affect the load. It affects the angle, or deflection, as I think Chris A put it. The longer shaft would affect the bearing furthest from the pinion since the rotor shaft acts as a lever. Longer lever = less force against the far bearing. Shorter lever = more force.

A longer motor should preserve the 'non-pinion' bearing, and if you double up on the pinion bearing you have a more robust motor.

That said, no problems at all on my Castle 3800. I still might do the bearing trick though to help with longevity.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:58 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
For a given side load generated at the pinion location of the motor shaft, the shorter the motor is, the more bearing load generated at both motor bearings. This is due to the moments that the side load produces along the length of the motor shaft, which requires a bearing load to counter act those moments.

The longer the motor is, the less the bearing load is on both bearings. For a given side load, as the motor increases in length, the bearing load on the bearing closest to the pinion will be equal to the side load, and the bearing load on the far bearing will be close to zero.

This assumes a steady side load is being applied and does not account for any dynamic effects.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

ok needing help here..... well my friends ordered bce chassis 2 weeks or so ago. well after complaining to there email they were told chassis would arrive last thursday. well they never showed. so while being down to run his truck he looks on ebay the other night and see's finally some are back up for sale. so he hits buy it now thinking its a person selling an extra or something. there was a logistics issue with the purchase and he gets email through ebay from bce chassis. they dont ship the 2 he ordered direct from their website but have them to sell on ebay???? what gives. does anyone have a number to contact these people? any help please.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

edit ...
Old 01-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

look im not trying to bash bce im just trying to help my friends get responses from bce. i just dont understand how if he has them to sell on ebay that has to ship in 5 days or less how my friends get bumped 3 weeks. so please dont take this as a naggin thought.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buckeyenut73
look im not trying to bash bce im just trying to help my friends get responses from bce. i just dont understand how if he has them to sell on ebay that has to ship in 5 days or less how my friends get bumped 3 weeks. so please dont take this as a naggin thought.
Do you know for sure it's Bill from BCE that is selling the chassis on eBay and not some else who bought them before you and is now reselling them?
Old 01-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
Do you know for sure it's Bill from BCE that is selling the chassis on eBay and not some else who bought them before you and is now reselling them?
pro tip: it isn't. The ones on ebay are in california. Bill is in Arizona.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:57 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

BCE makes a great chassis. There is no doubt about it. I won't speak for buying on ebay, but I've bought a chassis through the bce website in the past. From my experience and from what plenty of others write in these forums, the delivery time is about 3-4 weeks. The email response also took a few days for me.

Not the fastest or most responsive, but worth it. If you need one for a race, make sure to order several weeks out (maybe even 1.5-2 months out) to make sure you get it in time and have time to install and practice.

Like I said, some experiences may vary, but my experience wasn't anything unusual from what I've heard.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
pro tip: it isn't. The ones on ebay are in california. Bill is in Arizona.
If the ebay seller is "ultrabc" it is coming directly from BCE, even though it says Tustin, CA on ebay. I bought from that seller and it came from Bill himself and I ended up talking to Bill when I had some issues. BTW, Bill took care of my issue and was great to work with.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

isarctard, thanks for the link it's much appreciated.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kazuaki
If the ebay seller is "ultrabc" it is coming directly from BCE, even though it says Tustin, CA on ebay. I bought from that seller and it came from Bill himself and I ended up talking to Bill when I had some issues. BTW, Bill took care of my issue and was great to work with.
Interesting. I guess he did relocate from california at one point. So, I stand corrected.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default shock settings

Been running indoors. What wt oil, pistons, and springs are best for a dusty hard packed track with big jumps? Im going to be running emulsion as well. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok needing help here..... well my friends ordered bce chassis 2 weeks or so ago. well after complaining to there email they were told chassis would arrive last thursday. well they never showed. so while being down to run his truck he looks on ebay the other night and see's finally some are back up for sale. so he hits buy it now thinking its a person selling an extra or something. there was a logistics issue with the purchase and he gets email through ebay from bce chassis. they dont ship the 2 he ordered direct from their website but have them to sell on ebay???? what gives. does anyone have a number to contact these people? any help please.
I am starting to wonder if i wrote that Same exact response and time frame they said i would get mine. I also noticed the ones on ebay. I actually was gonna come on here to ask the same exact question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.