Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Marco...Again you bring this to the public eye. So, I guess I will leave it here.

Ok, I have now given you options to submit the form like most, contact HH in the US, contact your local distributor (which is a hobby store and thus it is their respobsibility as the horizon dealer to contact their sales person and get the pins for their customers which I inforned you of), contact one of the other closer distributors for HH, pm me your personal full name and address info, etc. I am not sure how else I can help you. I never got your address info or I would have sent them myself. I do this as a type of customer service. Is it part of my job, maybe yes, maybe no. i am personally sitting at my laptop at 9:51 at night so I can yet again respond to you and ask how can I help you when I have given you many many different options.

Please feel free to answer or ask questions on here. But as for HH or Losi, go to the source, as in HH or Losi, or me. Coming to public forums to flame anyone is not appropriate. Especially when I have gone back and forth with you at least 10 times now.
Looks like you've got the ball rolling Marco! Now I think the ball is in the mail man's court
Old 06-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

I only ran my truck for three races new pins came and went to change the and the gears in the rear and center shot/? Now either wait and whine or spend 30+ on ebay for new diff that most likely has soft pins but good gears?
So basically if you want to race a scte be prepared to work on greasy diffs and to spend more $$ the usual on parts the are almost impossible to find. Alot of us are aware the is a fix for the pins and they are available but what about the ones that have messed up as a result of the pins or incorrect assembly?? We are (#&(%^(%&/??? And this is not directed towards Ryan. I am sure if it where up to him we would have gears and pins!!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stompy
?? At 5.5 it wouldnt calibrate the brake end point and when I turned the steering the fan would slow down? Turned it up to 6v and no problems since.
Thats interesting....the 2 I have in front of me are DSM(SR3300T) receivers. I just have not had that problem.

I did notice that the MMP that was just installed was older. Had to upgrade firmware that was pretty far down on list. Fan housing is different, shape, size.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any of you guys that received gear sets have any of the big sun gears left over that are good or okay looking? my ofna gears kinda worn mine down since i didnt shim it enough
Old 06-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default chassis

Anyone have a spare chassis they wanna sell for the scte? I need one ASAP. Quickest I can order one ill have it by next wed . Would like to get one before Sunday. Pm me if possible.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

lmao this is from the sc10 page

I got beat by a ton of losi's my first race. It's going to take some tuning to be top 3.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by larlev
Thats interesting....the 2 I have in front of me are DSM(SR3300T) receivers. I just have not had that problem.

I did notice that the MMP that was just installed was older. Had to upgrade firmware that was pretty far down on list. Fan housing is different, shape, size.
That could have been it on mine to because the same time I turned up the bec I updated the firmware so maybe thats what fixed it, but it is fixed and now my servo at 6v (airtronics 94951) is super fast and strong.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i just put the Lightened Out drives and wow and my temps wint down just set it up for a 1/8 track
Old 06-02-2011, 01:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default A little question to stop all the bickering, hehe

I always qualifiy pretty good thoughout the day at a race,
till the main comes around and grip comes up, then that dreaded thing always pops up and haunts me, that thing we call traction roll,

whats the best way to to avoid traction rolling when the grip comes up on a track???

would it be as simple as changing tire compounds???? if so which way????

please any info would be greatly helpful!!!!!!
please and thankyou.

been trying to figure something out but never goes quite the right way, don't really want to change balance but need to ease the side bite.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:39 AM
Tech Addict

Default Diff gear mesh

I just took the rear diff apart on a new never run Ten SCTE to remove the grease and I put 3K oil and put it back together and the mesh was grinding in my hand. I took it apart and noticed that Two of the gears have a concave bevel in them (1 slightly more than the other) and the other Two gears are perfectly flat on the back. Is this normal? What is the best way to shim them? I will try the puzzle another way. You can't really tell if you got it right until you snug the spur back down.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Thanks Ryan

Ryan, I just wanted to thank you for what you are doing! You truly are and asset to HH and the people on this forum. Customer relations is very hard and you dont always make everyone happy, even though you try. As a person who has been in customer service for over then last 25 years, I just wanted to say THANK YOU! Keep up the good work. Its poeple like you and my LHS owner Bill, that have made me a loyal Losi owner.

Jay
Old 06-02-2011, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dogwood174
I just took the rear diff apart on a new never run Ten SCTE to remove the grease and I put 3K oil and put it back together and the mesh was grinding in my hand. I took it apart and noticed that Two of the gears have a concave bevel in them (1 slightly more than the other) and the other Two gears are perfectly flat on the back. Is this normal? What is the best way to shim them? I will try the puzzle another way. You can't really tell if you got it right until you snug the spur back down.
You know, The bevel in the back of some gears has been brought up many of times and I don't believe we have ever gotten an answer on why some are beveled.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marco926
brother, i didn't call them, i'm afraid they don't arrange for me since i live in Hong Kong.

but if i call them and still need to send the form to them via e-mail, i think it's the same by just send them the form, call them maybe faster but i already waited for 4 weeks time, that's why make me disapponited.
Has this guy never heard of custom's? Some times customs hold's items for WEEKS on end. If they get backed up, then your SOL and that's the truth. I ship stuff to Canada that's only like 4 hours from here and it takes 4 to 5 weeks some times.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
You know, The bevel in the back of some gears has been brought up many of times and I don't believe we have ever gotten an answer on why some are beveled.
It's big enough that the small shimming washer will fit somewhat changing things.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
Has this guy never heard of custom's? Some times customs hold's items for WEEKS on end. If they get backed up, then your SOL and that's the truth. I ship stuff to Canada that's only like 4 hours from here and it takes 4 to 5 weeks some times.
I ordered lipos from hong kong that was held up in customs in zurich switzerland for 26 days one time the previous order two months earlier only took 6 days from there to my door ,,just saying you never know.when dealing with international orders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.