Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ZenMoto
I posted some pics of my SCTE a few days ago with the FloTek body I'd painted for my SC10 4x4 before "upgrading" to the Losi. ...since then, I've decided to paint the stock body as my race shell.

Something I really like about Short Course is the scale look. ...and while I race, I'm not a serious racer, so I don't care if I have *the* best setup in the world, as long as I'm competitive. With that in mind, I don't like carving out giant holes in the body as it ruins the "scale" look.

So, here's the flag area of the stock body painted, and using the small flags (vs. the larger ones; the kit comes with both).

It's not a ton of airflow, but it will definitely help vent some of the air, and from near the tallest point in the body. The racer types could obviously add this to the holes they will surely cut out where the fan decals go, etc., and it will work with both sets of flags.
This is great! Are you using the wholes on the bottom of the windshield as well?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Have a couple of questions as im rebuilding my diffs .... I',m working on the center diff and when i leave it sit it seems to leak very slowly ( like a drop or two after sitting all night) is that normal overflow dripping or am i leaking.

I have sanded the cup side to remove any flashing or rough spots and screqwed it in as i would have done with my 8ight 2.0.

also whats the part number to the shock caps with bleeder holes? im thinking about trying the emultion style socks.

anyone else have any feedback on the 2 stage pistions?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevepowling
This is great! Are you using the wholes on the bottom of the windshield as well?
I haven't decided yet, and I haven't even run this body yet. To me those holes, as well as the scoop in the front are more for letting air into the body (for cooling) and I don't' really need more cooling. ...I'm trying to evacuate air, not let more in!

I think if the scoop was a reverse, like on the FloTek, I would Dremel that out. ...well, maybe not; my SCTE is really nose heavy as is, maybe I want the front to have a little parachute action! lol On that note, I'm actually thinking about getting the carbon fiber front tower and the heavy aluminum rear just to help shift weight bias more to the back.

Anyone else done anything to balance the chassis a bit (besides sticking in lead wheel weights?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
I agree, looks like JB weld. Did you buy this truck used?
Nope. Got it brand new. Like the first batch when it came out.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

I haven't decided yet, and I haven't even run this body yet. To me those holes, as well as the scoop in the front are more for letting air into the body (for cooling) and I don't' really need more cooling. ...I'm trying to evacuate air, not let more in!

I think if the scoop was a reverse, like on the FloTek, I would Dremel that out. ...well, maybe not; my SCTE is really nose heavy as is, maybe I want the front to have a little parachute action! lol On that note, I'm actually thinking about getting the carbon fiber front tower and the heavy aluminum rear just to help shift weight bias more to the back.

Anyone else done anything to balance the chassis a bit (besides sticking in lead wheel weights?
Gotcha. So this was just done to help flow air out while the truck is in the air on jumps and not to keep the electronics cooler correct?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Chassis is very balanced to start with. It does jump nose down but most of the time controllable and this is not a bad atribute for an SC as nose up it will catch wind and blow over. Well maybe not the SCTE but others fly over pretty easy!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Moogumby
Have a couple of questions as im rebuilding my diffs .... I',m working on the center diff and when i leave it sit it seems to leak very slowly ( like a drop or two after sitting all night) is that normal overflow dripping or am i leaking.

I have sanded the cup side to remove any flashing or rough spots and screqwed it in as i would have done with my 8ight 2.0.

also whats the part number to the shock caps with bleeder holes? im thinking about trying the emultion style socks.

anyone else have any feedback on the 2 stage pistions?
They should not leak like that. Some are finding gluing in the metal inserts are helping to reduce leaking. I also use a little grease on the gasket and this seems to help a little as well.

Shock caps with bleeder holes are these. It was a running change so there still some out there that might not have the holes.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB2846
Old 08-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default new gears

i was wondering when the new diff gears would be out.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stevepowling
Gotcha. So this was just done to help flow air out while the truck is in the air on jumps and not to keep the electronics cooler correct?
Yep, exactly. ...as Casper mentioned, it's not like this truck is uber-susceptible to parachuting, but if I can vent air out without drilling giant, obvious holes, I will.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default 8ight shock pistons

I run 8 BBs on my scte an was wondering what pistons people like to run f/r? The shocks I bought came with weird hand drilled pistons that make it hard to tune oil.

Thanks

Last edited by annonymous; 08-26-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jwemail
i was wondering when the new diff gears would be out.
Should be soon.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Should be soon.
I don't need gears, but I'm going to snag a few sets when they hit the shelves
Old 08-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Should be soon.
I'm an 8th scale guy who just got into SC, what are these new gears you are taliking ablout?
Old 08-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Snaped my 1410 shaft.
geared it up to 18t, 3s yes I meshed it correctly. Good news is the temps stayed below 160 in 100 degree weather.

I may upgrade to the 5mm shaft since this motor is still good.
Was doing speed runs, got up to 49 mph
Old 08-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offroad dude
I'm an 8th scale guy who just got into SC, what are these new gears you are taliking ablout?
It is a running change to the gears in the diffs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.