Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Initiate

i just ordered a tenshock 4000kv what should i be running for pinion . just need a rough number i dont even have the truck yet idk where it is but its killing me.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by retsoorkcuf
very funny bro you better practice cause Sunday me and you head to head . just kidding bro il be there I've been working on my set up and it's running better than ever it's dialed now I think .sounds like it's time for scte and sc10 4x4 to battle can't wait..
I can already say you have the advantage, one your a better driver then me, two I'm still dialing in my sc10, and three if for some reason I start passing you, you could always bump me off the track easily with your heavier 4x4 since you cheat lol jk jk....... Hopefully the other guys go as well so we can have one of them film it.......

I just may end up buying another scte in the near future, I love how these 4wd's handle compared to the 2wd's........
Old 05-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
I can already say you have the advantage, one your a better driver then me, two I'm still dialing in my sc10, and three if for some reason I start passing you, you could always bump me off the track easily with your heavier 4x4 since you cheat lol jk jk....... Hopefully the other guys go as well so we can have one of them film it.......

I just may end up buying another scte in the near future, I love how these 4wd's handle compared to the 2wd's........
I have to say your sc10 4x was pretty sweet when I drove it just felt like suspension was a little stiff couldn't really tell if it was suspension or just weight difference but a cool truck none the less .
Old 05-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

I searched but couldn't find the answer. I know the scte rims fit the sc10 4x4 but are a few mm narrower. Will the sc10 4x4 rims fit the scte without rubbing?
Old 05-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b121774
I searched but couldn't find the answer. I know the scte rims fit the sc10 4x4 but are a few mm narrower. Will the sc10 4x4 rims fit the scte without rubbing?
My SC10 4x4 wheels rub when used on the front of my SCTE...
Old 05-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mharmer
i just ordered a tenshock 4000kv what should i be running for pinion . just need a rough number i dont even have the truck yet idk where it is but its killing me.
i would think 13-14T would be in the ballpark.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stompy
That is the problem it wont calibrate the brake setting and I have tried 100%-150%? I think it is the voltage because when I turn the steering the fan on my motor slows down and the yellow light start to blink on the receiver? I tried two different spectrum receivers and I also put my son's airtronics receiver in and used his M11 and it worked fine? Maybe spectrum requires more power then airtronics???
7 volts won't hurt the servo?
Turn the brake sub trim all the way up too, and it should calibrate.

7 volts wont hurt any servo. I run my servo direct off the battery unregulated, so it gets 8.4 volts when a fresh lipo is in. It's not "rated" for that, but it has been just fine for almost a year now that way.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
I may have found (at least for me) the point where it gets too light @ nearly~6lbs, but again it could have been the diff change too... I added the stock steel rear hinge pin holders back on and I'm thinking about sticking the stock rear hinge pins back in too. I will leave the front a little lighter, still plenty of steering especially the way I run mine w/o the front sway bar (stock spring and 37.5wt oil). While I had the alum hinge pin holders on I ran them all zero's so my basic setup remained the same other than the diff grease and lightened parts.

hmm, well I'll have her out on Thursday again and see how she moves and go from there.

Heya Hacker... Any replacement diff grease available yet?

EDIT: burnt only 4600mAH in 9.21min of racing + warmups, so figure near 460mAH/min, my 5400 pack is good for ~12min and the 6200's should get me ~14mins racing on our large 1/8 scale track
Mine handled exceptionally this last weekend being that light Had the fastest lap times by over a half second and ended up winning the A main. I do think the black springs are too stiff in the rear though being this light, ordering up the silvers this week.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
Mine handled exceptionally this last weekend being that light Had the fastest lap times by over a half second and ended up winning the A main. I do think the black springs are too stiff in the rear though being this light, ordering up the silvers this week.
Ya I guess I had the fastest lap of the two day event w/ a 4x4 as well.. also about 1/2 a second faster than the field, maybe it was more nerves and pushing a little too hard I was just making too many mistakes over the entire race to pull Tq. Well as noted the amain was just a mess. I'll try to relax more thursday and see what happens, I'm not changing anything again until after a few more races at this point. PS ya silvers are great on the rear.. had them for a month or so now. I actually had ordered the carbon hinge pin mounts w/ stock angles so if I really like how it is, I may try those since I already own.. LOL. Anyway no more spending.. just racing moving forward.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

so i drove my losi for the first time yesterday, and my steering was horrible.. im using a hi tec hs-645mg... and i can turn my wheels with my hand like i dont have a steering servo in the car, i tried tightening the servo saver and that would help a little bit until i would crash... does anybody know what would be wrong?
- Thanks
Old 05-31-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by umm winning
so i drove my losi for the first time yesterday, and my steering was horrible.. im using a hi tec hs-645mg... and i can turn my wheels with my hand like i dont have a steering servo in the car, i tried tightening the servo saver and that would help a little bit until i would crash... does anybody know what would be wrong?
- Thanks
If you are referring to the tires being easy to turn while the servo is holding center, the only thing it could be is the servo saver. Try to put some loctite on it and then tighten it some more.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

That should have enough torque. Not sure what you are getting at though. The servo saver should only give if hit something. You need to make sure you thread lock the adjustment nut as well so it stays put. Are you not getting any steering throw or is the servo just not holding?

Most are running servos with 160+ oz of torque but 130 with your servo should be enough.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
If you are referring to the tires being easy to turn while the servo is holding center, the only thing it could be is the servo saver. Try to put some loctite on it and then tighten it some more.
Thanks i dont think i have tried that yet.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Hacker07,
i live in Hong Kong, i followed your message and sent the form to Horizon for requesting the replacement pins, but no feedback from HH for 3 weeks time already, and my LHS(which is the HH distributor) said the replacement pins still not yet arrived for a month too.

actually do you(or HH) care about oversea customers???
should i keep playing my truck until the pins go failure and then wait for the new diff and then pay for this fault???
don't tell me to go for the Chris pins since this is the right for me to get the replacement pins from you, this is the fault of this truck.

anyway, i hope you can help, thanks.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marco926
Hi Hacker07,
i live in Hong Kong, i followed your message and sent the form to Horizon for requesting the replacement pins, but no feedback from HH for 3 weeks time already, and my LHS(which is the HH distributor) said the replacement pins still not yet arrived for a month too.

actually do you(or HH) care about oversea customers???
should i keep playing my truck until the pins go failure and then wait for the new diff and then pay for this fault???
don't tell me to go for the Chris pins since this is the right for me to get the replacement pins from you, this is the fault of this truck.

anyway, i hope you can help, thanks.
Nice to see that it's not just americans that are whiney jerks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.