Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GaRsNoW
Just bought my FIRST LOSI! Not going to lie...I feel like I just cheated on my wife. All I have ever raced is Team Associated. But with me being on a tight budget for this rig, I couldnt pass up the deal I got on a scte roller.

I havent had time to skim through this thread yet, but I was hoping to get some recommendations for some inexpensive motor and esc options.

I have been seeing that the 3800 4 pole from castle isnt a bad option, with a mmp. Also the hobbywing esc has been used, but I like the castle and tekin tuning options via pc.

Anyone have any good recommendations for around $180?
The Castle 1410 is a great choice. You will need to make sure your ESC handles non sensored motors. The Tekin, MMP and hobbywings all do just fine. In fact, the hobbywing ESC's (I like the 120A 1/10 scale ESC) have great software that comes with it free. You won't have to buy a castle link or a hotwire. I love the hobbywing Xerun line of ESC's
Old 05-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just bought my FIRST LOSI! Not going to lie...I feel like I just cheated on my wife. All I have ever raced is Team Associated. But with me being on a tight budget for this rig, I couldnt pass up the deal I got on a scte roller.

I havent had time to skim through this thread yet, but I was hoping to get some recommendations for some inexpensive motor and esc options.

I have been seeing that the 3800 4 pole from castle isnt a bad option, with a mmp. Also the hobbywing esc has been used, but I like the castle and tekin tuning options via pc.

Rear the first post and you will have 90% of the good info in this thread in one post!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Diff pin blocks

I do machining for a living and I have made about 10 sets of diff pins that I sold locally ( did not want to step on chris's toes ) so out of respect I did not try to sell anything on here.

Not sure what everyone would expect to pay for the steel blocks in the diffs for a set of 12pcs?

I might make some up the the cost will be way more than the pins so if you want to let me know what might be fair I will consider making some.

Also I will have to see what I would have to do to sell on the forum what are the requirements?

Thanks Mike
Old 05-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Casper,

I watched your Pro4 race on Wednesday at OCRC, you were flying. Would have embarrassed most of the expert 1/8 scales.

Are you still running Ryan's setup as listed on the first page, or have you made changes since then? Also, what tires & inserts are you using?

Thinking about getting the adjustable hinge Pin holders, did you notice much improvement with them?
Old 05-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mike1977
I do machining for a living and I have made about 10 sets of diff pins that I sold locally ( did not want to step on chris's toes ) so out of respect I did not try to sell anything on here.

Not sure what everyone would expect to pay for the steel blocks in the diffs for a set of 12pcs?

I might make some up the the cost will be way more than the pins so if you want to let me know what might be fair I will consider making some.

Also I will have to see what I would have to do to sell on the forum what are the requirements?

Thanks Mike
I'd buy a package set of steel blocks, pins, larger spider shims and harder sun gear shims, name your price.

I am going to try the Ofna setup but would prefer the lighter weight of the stock gears if it would be more reliable.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jedev
Hey Casper,

I watched your Pro4 race on Wednesday at OCRC, you were flying. Would have embarrassed most of the expert 1/8 scales.

Are you still running Ryan's setup as listed on the first page, or have you made changes since then? Also, what tires & inserts are you using?

Thinking about getting the adjustable hinge Pin holders, did you notice much improvement with them?
He was running a modified version of our setup from the JBRL in palm desert. He went down 5 weight oil all the way around and went one lighter on the rear spring.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

So when are these trucks supposed to be back in stock at hobbyshops, and why is there such a gap in stock to begin with?
Old 05-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I have a Castle 3800 4 pole and a Mamba Monster I will sell for 180.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To anyone that doesn't mind answering this. I took my shock caps off and changed weight oil. I watched a vid after the fact on setting rebound by pushing in the shaft before screwing on cap.

How do you guys normally set your shocks? Or do you just fill and put on cap with shaft fully extended out?

Chris, thanks for the fast shipping with the adaptors.

Last edited by larlev; 05-20-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07
He was running a modified version of our setup from the JBRL in palm desert. He went down 5 weight oil all the way around and went one lighter on the rear spring.
Ryan,
Did you post your JBRL setup? If so I missed it, could you point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
To anyone that doesn't mind answering this. I took my shock caps off and changed weight oil. I watched a vid after the fact on setting rebound by pushing in the shaft before screwing on cap.

How do you guys normally set your shocks? Or do you just fill and put on cap with shaft fully extended out?
I could use a little explanation here. Last thing I want is 2 shocks to be different.

How does the truck come stock...no rebound, little..etc?

Chris, thanks for the fast shipping with the adaptors.
Everyone has different preferences, but on top loading shocks like on the scte, I like to set it with a little rebound but not too much. Typically maybe 10mm or thereabouts. I think with no rebound, you might have air in the shock or you will as soon as you leak the smallest amount. Big key is having them equal. Since these shocks have bladders to take up the space that is displaced by the shock shaft, I usually bleed mine by tilting the shock at a bit of an angle and having the cap just loose enough to let air and oil just get out and then slowly push the shaft in until it is mostly but not all the way in. Then when I tighten the cap, it usually pushes the shaft out about the amount of rebound I want.

Sometimes I don't get them even the first time, so I may have to repeat the process. I'm not so picky about it that I measure the rebound. I just eyeball it and my truck seems to handle great.

Hope that helped.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

just some weights in case anyone was wondering...
SNR carbon, losi alum, stockers

Old 05-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcrase101
rx8 users am I missing something?

trying to make sure the rx8 is setup for sensorless operation.
can't I just use the hotwire too put it on sensorless?

sorry I've been a mamba guy for a long time this speedo is all new to me in hot wire dashboard it says to change dual mode sensor or sensorless in set up, I go to set up and don't see any options to switch it.

please and thank you for any help!
Make sure it is on dual drive mode. Also run custom 1 or 2 profile with 0 degrees of timing on 1410. Of course you want 2s and it doesnt hurt to lower the current limiter. I suggest 85% but you can play with it. I do not run any push or drag brake. Again that is personal preference and driving style. Hope this helps
Old 05-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Anyone know what the stock angles are when using the alum hop up hinge pin holders? I want to keep the same stock angles.. I'm guessing 0 all around? But I'm not positive..

Thanks,
Old 05-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Anyone know what the stock angles are when using the alum hop up hinge pin holders? I want to keep the same angles.. I'm guessing 0 all around? But I'm not positive..

Thanks,
0's all around for stock settings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.