Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Certainly lighter than the stock ones but the aluminum ones are adjustable and lighter. Would be cool to see of could make carbon that fit the little inserts in them and we could have it all...lol.
The Aluminum adjustable ones still weigh a lot, far more than 13 grams.

Racetek (Out Front Frames) carbon hingepin holders use the losi inserts so they ARE adjustable, and also allow you to ditch the plastic covers. What sense is there in 70$ hingepin holders if you can't show them off?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

well i have good tools and wondered what the problem was until the 2nd time I did the diffs and managed to strip 2 of 12 screws holding the diffs together.
Those screws are pretty crappy quality not to mention all or any of the chrome or shiny buttons they might as well be made of Lead they are so soft...
so yes indeed i will be lined up for a screw kit dont care if its Ti or steel but they deffy gotta be better than the stockers.
I dont think you should have to be "careful" every time you undo or tighten every screw on this thing.

sure some of the delicate ones, but they ALL seem in danger of stripping every time you put the wrench to them.

The fascination with "button" head screws is mostly part of it too they use smaller hexes than a similar sized socket head screw..
Old 05-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SEF
I'm testing these parts right now. Adjusting anti-squat and kick up can be done by having different hinge pin holders with holes in the correct place. After talking to Steve, we didn't like the idea of making them to fit the inserts since the plastics inserts tend to wear out and ovalize.
Better to replace 35 cents of inserts than a new carbon plate
Old 05-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So I'm putting the motor In my scte for the first time and my motor mount will only let me run one motor screw... is this normal?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No it's not. What motor?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buster661
Casper, while rebuilding my truck for the JBRL this weekend and low and behold the front drive shaft came right out. The pin wore right through the hole. Lucky I was planning on changing it for wear on the other end anyways or it could have been bad Sat...
where can you get replacement pins in case it comes out and you can't find the pin? Is there a part number
Old 05-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jurquhart
where can you get replacement pins in case it comes out and you can't find the pin? Is there a part number
I guess I am not understanding...are you referring to the pin captured by the plastic retainer? Come find me at JBRL and I can get you taken care of one way or another, lol.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
No it's not. What motor?
The 3800 castle... the head of the screw gets in the way of the sliding mount
Old 05-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I don't mean to offend you but your normal shop tools don't hold a candle to hobby grade allen wrenches. Even snap-on hex wrenches are junk compared to the ground tips, MIP, Losi, AE, Hudy, EDS use. With small hexes the tool tip means EVERYTHING!

I have not stripped a screw yet on the 8ight or Ten-SCTE and I use a power driver most of the time. I invested in MIP speed tips though which are as good as they get. Just saying with good tools you should not strip anything.
Regardless who says what there's a area open to user error, if the tip is not inserted fully(insert XXX joke here) then the tool/hardware aren't fully in contact w/each other. Tightning or breaking loose a bolt with the tool at a slight angle will kill hardware and tips eveytime.
I've ben using Integy tips in my drivers and cordless drills for years and still holding up great.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I don't mean to offend you but your normal shop tools don't hold a candle to hobby grade allen wrenches. Even snap-on hex wrenches are junk compared to the ground tips, MIP, Losi, AE, Hudy, EDS use. With small hexes the tool tip means EVERYTHING!

I have not stripped a screw yet on the 8ight or Ten-SCTE and I use a power driver most of the time. I invested in MIP speed tips though which are as good as they get. Just saying with good tools you should not strip anything.
I guess you choose to ignore the point.....They are stripped before I even get out my Losi tools. I guess I got the one bad truck that the 13yo making .25 day was lacking in his duties.

I haven't stripped a screw in my xxx-sct either....not the point.

The fact is the screws in the Ten are crap...soft, and not anywhere near hard enough.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chocolatemilk
The 3800 castle... the head of the screw gets in the way of the sliding mount
I ran this motor to test it and it worked just fine on mine. I believe most others are not having issues either.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

so i have a brand new in box scx4 4.5 turn and rx8....do i return the sc4x and get a 1410 or just try it? been hearing alot of heat issues with the 4.5....but you always hear the bad...
Old 05-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robby26wi
so i have a brand new in box scx4 4.5 turn and rx8....do i return the sc4x and get a 1410 or just try it? been hearing alot of heat issues with the 4.5....but you always hear the bad...
I run the Tekin rx8 with a 4.5, geared 15 on a outside track with 30 to 33 secound laps and have no heat issuses .Go on the tekin set ups and set it up the way they say and you shouldnt have a problem.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
The fact is the screws in the Ten are crap...soft, and not anywhere near hard enough.
They are SHART quality, but not crap, But thats typical RTR/ARTR.
They have to cut corners somewhere to make it more afforadable to the masses. IMO the hardware is a tick soft but with due care they are more than fine. I guess the kid who works for a bowl of rice day was not on his game when he built yours?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robby26wi
I have also been running an SC4X 4.5 both indoors and outdoors on big and small tracks also geared at a 15 with no heat issues. I have ran it with an Xcelorin speedo and a MMP speedo though.

I will be getting all of my Viper gear soon enough though so I will flyin!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.