Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork

I also agree you need to spring for some good tool (for those who don't). Bite the bullet it will help save you some headache. I have not had any issues with the screws. The only screw that hates me in the front king pin screws that thread into the sprindles (into the a-arm (and why I want aluminum ones like the 8ight)). Those funkers are always loose.
Those are the ones I bought from lunsford in titanium, 8-32 x .5" button heads. Use a little CA glue on the threads and they shouldn't loosen up on you. If they still do, take the metal sleeves out of the arm, clean them out and add a little graphite lube so they don't bite on that screw so much.

Just weighed the screws I replaced....(12) 8-32 flat head screws with AE aluminum, and (4)8-32 button heads replaced with titanium .71 ounce savings

(24) 5-40 steel locknuts with aluminum locknuts .32 ounces

At least another 1.5 ounces there for anyone with the cash to replace all the 5-40 screws. If anyone finds an affordable source for those in Titanium, please let me know.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I added a link to Tony's screw kit for the SCTe on the first page. While they are not Ti, their is other options for screws. 45 bux isn't bad for the entire truck.

I also agree you need to spring for some good tool (for those who don't). Bite the bullet it will help save you some headache. I have not had any issues with the screws. The only screw that hates me in the front king pin screws that thread into the sprindles (into the a-arm (and why I want aluminum ones like the 8ight)). Those funkers are always loose.

Are you talking the Larger 8/32 that go through the arms into the Caster blocks ? I dribble a drop of Thin CA on the inside when i thread mine in. Also pay attention to how much extra thread you have if you run alum steering knuckles as the screw's can and will touch on the knuckles making little notches.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite

Certainly lighter than the stock ones but the aluminum ones are adjustable and lighter. Would be cool to see of could make carbon that fit the little inserts in them and we could have it all...lol.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Pretty sure that's what RaceTek's planning there Ryan.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:12 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Certainly lighter than the stock ones but the aluminum ones are adjustable and lighter. Would be cool to see of could make carbon that fit the little inserts in them and we could have it all...lol.
I'm testing these parts right now. Adjusting anti-squat and kick up can be done by having different hinge pin holders with holes in the correct place. After talking to Steve, we didn't like the idea of making them to fit the inserts since the plastics inserts tend to wear out and ovalize.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:19 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Default SNR center diff plate

Not much weight savings, but carbon looks trick.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-center_diff_plate3.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-center_diff_plate2.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-center_diff_plate1.jpg  
Old 05-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF
I'm testing these parts right now. Adjusting anti-squat and kick up can be done by having different hinge pin holders with holes in the correct place. After talking to Steve, we didn't like the idea of making them to fit the inserts since the plastics inserts tend to wear out and ovalize.
Good idea..........
Old 05-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Steve,

The hinge pin holders look great. Are you still using the stock plastic caps over them?

Chris

Old 05-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
It's the screws....telling me to get good tools....please man. Been a mechanic for 30yrs...all I have is good tools. Half the damn things are stripped before a "tool" gets on them. "good tools".....damn that pisses me off.
I don't mean to offend you but your normal shop tools don't hold a candle to hobby grade allen wrenches. Even snap-on hex wrenches are junk compared to the ground tips, MIP, Losi, AE, Hudy, EDS use. With small hexes the tool tip means EVERYTHING!

I have not stripped a screw yet on the 8ight or Ten-SCTE and I use a power driver most of the time. I invested in MIP speed tips though which are as good as they get. Just saying with good tools you should not strip anything.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
It's the screws....telling me to get good tools....please man. Been a mechanic for 30yrs...all I have is good tools. Half the damn things are stripped before a "tool" gets on them. "good tools".....damn that pisses me off.
lol, i agree, mine where so stripped the wrench didnt even grab.. you would swear i had the wrong size wrench.. and my tools are losi wrenches, barely used perfect tips. ether way no big deal, just replaced them with duratrax philips head screws..
Old 05-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I don't mean to offend you but your normal shop tools don't hold a candle to hobby grade allen wrenches. Even snap-on hex wrenches are junk compared to the ground tips, MIP, Losi, AE, Hudy, EDS use. With small hexes the tool tip means EVERYTHING!

I have not stripped a screw yet on the 8ight or Ten-SCTE and I use a power driver most of the time. I invested in MIP speed tips though which are as good as they get. Just saying with good tools you should not strip anything.
I will be picking up some MIP speed tips soon, any recommendations on a power screwdriver?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Yup come on out !The amount of tracks here is really crazy ,some excellent indoor aswell as nice outdoor tracks.If your lucky like me or(unlucky) the unemployment check pays for Surfing and R/C car racing!It just doesn't stretch too far with the girls in bikinis ..Gotta keep the priorities strait LOL
Even if it doesn't stretch far enough for the girls in bikinis it's still free to look so feel free to take it all in. Gotta keep the priorities straight I think you've got them in check.LOL
Old 05-05-2011, 02:07 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
Steve,

The hinge pin holders look great. Are you still using the stock plastic caps over them?

Chris
The stock plastic caps are still used. That way the hinge pins are captured and the rear bumper fits smoothly.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jurquhart
Even if it doesn't stretch far enough for the girls in bikinis it's still free to look so feel free to take it all in. Gotta keep the priorities straight I think you've got them in check.LOL
Amen!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.